Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-22-2006, 09:23 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday Chat - May 22nd

Good Morning

How is everyone today? What wacky weather we've been getting lately, windy, cloudy and dark one second and sunny the next, but this is going on all day.

No boss today

Liz, we had about 40 people at the party, would have been 60 but 20 didn't show... and I lost lots of $$ because of that. I hate that people say they are coming and don't show... how disrespectful IMHO. Anyhooo.. I had no help with the party..did it all myself. But when it came time to clean, my mom and friends helped.

So whats up with you all today? I'm back on my diet today LOL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:42 AM   #2  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

Happy Monday all.. the weather here is sooo cold for may.. brrr...
my poor lil flowers I planted must be freezing..
ok so I'm on wellbutrin and lexapro... I dunno if the lexapro is as good as the zoloft I was taking..I'm finding I have more anxiety ( which is a problem for me) on the wellbutrin but I have trouble getting out of bed.. so I guess that is what it is helping..
my daughter turned 17 on fri and I'm planning a party for her this sunday.. I sure hope the weather is good..
My eating was great all week till sat, I had a baby stop breathing on me at the clinic, with cpr and bagging her.. she was hellicopter'd to a major hospital an hour away. It shook me up and i've been on a eating frenzy since.
Today is a new day and I'm back on plan... be well today...
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey Leenie & Purplepansy!

Leenie - That's great about the party! Glad it went well!

Purplepansy - Happy birthday to your daughter....That's wonderful!

I hear you both on the cold weather...we had "snow flurries" yesterday morning! IT'S MAY!!!!! What's up with that?!?!?! It's going to be a very busy week this week for me. I'm hoping that I stay on track with my eating! I haven't been doing too bad lately...I really need to go shopping though. Does anyone hate grocery shopping as much as I do?? *sigh* I would rather do exercising instead....and that's saying ALOT! Haha! Got alot of cleaning to do today...seems like on the weekends it never gets done, and gets put off. There's not enough room in here to have it a mess...
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #4  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Awwww Monday

My not so favorite day of the week. I'm so tired this morning. Not sure if it's my drastic change in nutrition since I was lap-banded a week ago or what my problem is. I'm sitting with a towel on my head - my hair is probably dry underneath, I'm just dragging. I'm drinking a protein shake hoping it's laced with some motivation.

Ok, enough grouch, I'm going to get ready for work. Ya'll have a great day. I 'm going to MAKE it a good day - you know, fake it 'til you make it!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang and Happy Monday Y'all

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/200/150

Well it's officially "Good Afternoon" to all!

I'm glad to hear that weekends all went well.

Leenie --> Glad to hear that your party went smoothly. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have any help but at least at clean up time there was help!

Purplepansy --> YAY! for planning birthday parties! Hopefully the weather holds out for you! How does the Wellbutrin work? I don't have anxiety but I've been on both Lexapro and Effexor and they both make me sleep way too much so my doc wants to try me out on Wellbutrin. Lemme know what you think...

CanadianMickey --> I know it's may, but I'm totally jealous of your snow! We didn't get nearly enough this winter...made me sooo sad!

My weekend was nothing too fabulous. I worked overnights all last week up until Saturday night soooo I didn't see to much daylight! Although, I did go out on Friday to a bar with some friends. I was a little to drunk though (not on purpose!!) and my friend and I were dancing around and we fell and they kicked us out! We need to find a place to hang where excentric dancing is appreciated! This week will be a little more normal though in terms of hours and sleeping. I'm glad because I want to get to the theatre to see Davinci Code and see AMERICAN IDOL TOMORROW!!!

Oooh and I lost 2 more lbs!!! Yay 193 :

have a fab day ladies!
~Jess~
thecanadian213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Purple OMG that is so scary about the baby, I really don't know how you work there, I give you so much credit and I thank God for people like you and Liz that can work in those places. Hang in there !!! Aww thats sweet your DD is turning 17.. now the fun begins is it a surprise party your throwing?

Amanda as much as I love food, I hate the food store (unless no one is there lol). Keep warm !!

Angela, congrats on the band any sort of operation will make you tired, more so than normal. I bet in a week or 2 your gonna feel really good. Hang in there but yes, it does wipe the body out, mentally as well as physically.

Cathy hope your weekend was great !! Happy Moanday

Jess congrats on the 2 lb loss WTG !!!!! and about the drunken episode HAAAAAAAAA!!!! I was young once and remember those days. Have fun but mostly be careful

Okay off to a meeting *YAWN*
Old 05-22-2006, 01:58 PM   #8  

Holiday monday here! I am working evenings though in the ER for double time so that is ok.......today is a bit of floor washing and vacuming.......dd14 is out weeding the front garden and dd8 has a playdate.....gramma is going to babysit while I am at work tonight.

It is gorgous here. Blue skies!

Anyhow must keep moving.......thought I would pop in while the floors were drying!

Hugs everyone!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey - I just made the ww potato soup from the recipe that cin posted last week and boy is it good! yum yum!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #10  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hi Ladies. Just wanted to pop in and check on everyone and let ya'll know I'm alive. DH is back at work today and DD #1 is at school so it's just me and the 2 little one's. It makes things very interesting! I have a machine that I have to keep my leg in for 7 hours a day that bends and straightens my leg so that I don't lose range of motion and while I'm in it I have to lie back with my leg strapped in and hooked up and all this other crap while taking care of a 2 yo and 4 yo. when I'm not in the machine I have a full leg brace to wear over all the surgical dressings that keeps me from bending my leg at all. It makes things really fun. My DS decided to take the matter of painting the walls into his own hands this morning. He used a black permanent marker all over my dining room walls before I could get to him to take it away, and dd#2 decided she was going to help mommy by making a drink for her and dumped a whole gallon of milk on the floor. Then to top it all off my chair won't fit through my bathroom doorway so I have to try and use the crutches to get from the door to the pot and back and the last time I went I fell on the way back to the chair. Luckily I fell halfway onto the chair and was able to pull myself up the rest of the way and into the chair. Hooray for Mondays. I am 5 days post op and I have my first post op appt. on Thursday. I'm hoping they will take off all the dressings and leave them off cause it really bugs me to not be able to wash my leg. My stomach is thankfully better. I'm keeping some food down now although I don't have much of an appetite. The pain is getting better too, but if it gets bad I have some really wicked pain medicine here to help. Anyway...

Leenie- I'm so happy for you that the party went well and that you got some help with the cleanup. I'm sorry that you had some rude one's that didn't show up. That stinks, but at least the surprise went off without a hitch and everything went well.

purplepansy912- I'm sorry to haer of your trauma with the baby! That must have been awful! hang in there girlie, today is a new day and you can do this! GL with DD's birthday party.

Canadian_Mickey- I hate grocery shopping more than any other chore! GL staying OP, you can do it!

CJsPrincess816- Congrats on the lap band. I hope you get to feeling a little more energized!

thecanadian213- Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work!

Cathy, Liz- Hope ya'll are good and everything is going ok.

Well all I'm starting to hurt. (If I sit up too long without my leg propped it starts to ache). So I'm off to the couch. I still have 2 hours left in the dreaded machine sooo...take care I'll check back later.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #11  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Oh timmy, bless you!! Those little ones can be so busy!! I hope you get to feeling better soon!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #12  

Hello, not sure how to approach this thread but I will just tell you a little about my day. Hope that's okay.
I work as a home health nurse, privately hired. I love it. I've worked for the same elderly couple for 2 yrs. They are so sweet. She has Alzheimers and he has had some heart problems but does fairly well for 89 yo. I work 9-2 M-F.
I did some grocery shopping after work, which unlike some of you, I like doing I love a good deal! Plus I enjoy coming up with new low carb concotions to try. I am glad my hubby is up for anything! My is off fishing with my dad this evening. We've married since we were 19, and we are 35 now so next month is our 16th ann'y. My husband manages an import/export business and is working on his pastorate. We love our church and are very involved there. I sing on our Praise Team and my hubby, Daniel plays the guitar. I also do the bulletins and lots of other stuff. Keeps me busy.
We have no children but we have a lovely pooch, 6 mos old ch'weiner, Lola.

Isn't she fabulous?
Sorry to ramble on. I tend to do that
Glad to get to know ya!
reneed70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Renee, good to see you here. You sound like a busy girl thats for sure. I would love to be able to sing (so would my family haaaaa). Lola is precious, I just LOVE doggies. I have one thats a mixed breed, her name is susie, she's lab / german shepard mix. We adopted her when she was 2 years old and now she's about 11, what a sweetie. WHere are you from because I want to give you my grocery list

This is my Susie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg susie.JPG (32.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Heather boy do you have your hands full. I wish I could help you some how Hang in there hon.

Cathy, potato soup huh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

Liz, floors dried yet you busy bee you.