Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/229/180

Default Where can I get my caffiene fix this Summer?

It's just too hot to drink brewed coffee during the day. Normally I would be drinking soda pop and "energy drinks", but those aren't really conducive to weightloss. I really don't like diet soda.
Is there any relatively convenient source of caffiene, besides coffee, that doesn't have a ton of calories or bad tasting chemicals in it?
JeremiahB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:13 AM   #2  
BLB

S/C/G: 192/192/132

green tea? Usually, if i really need a caffine fix, i just take a nodoz. (caffine pill)
BLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:22 AM   #3  
Hoping for Healthy

Ice coffee?
teatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

If you are not worried about the calories . You can have your favorite coffee drink iced.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #5  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

I found a great idea (mentioned on the boards) from someone that mixed her coffee with a packet of diet cocoa, then poured over ice. The cocoa I bought was 35 calories and tasted terrific. This will be my summer caffeine staple! Oh, and you could add some Splenda or flavored sugar free syrups to it also.
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #6  
Working My Way Back Down

Hmmm, I see you're from Oregon. I moved to Washington to go to graduate school and I was appalled that no one there drank iced cofee! I grew up in New England where iced coffee is a summer staple. My folks always drank it - just cold coffee poured over ice. If you like sweetner, add it when the coffee is hot or it won't dissolve. You can add milk too. The big trick is to cool the coffee before adding the ice. If you add it when the coffee is hot, you'll dilute it. You can of course get all kinds of coffee drinks in an iced vesion too. Starbucks is glad to charge you more for them.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #7  

i can't go without my am coffee-- it gets so hot here in the summer i usually keep one of these 'brewing' in the fridge ALL THE TIME:

http://www.baristaproshop.com/catalo...php?brandid=11

they're easy to use and make great iced coffee. if you want to add a bit of sweetness to cold coffee, just make a simple syrup with whatever sweetner you like.
punkrockgrryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #8  
stbakd

actualy coffee helps keep cool in the summer. coffee warms your body inside and you feel cooler because your skin is hot also. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #9