UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #1  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Default A right time to weigh in???

I'm a little confused- when is the best time to weigh youself so that you get the most accurate number?
And do you wear clothes? if so, which kind?
Can anyone tell me how and when they weigh themselves?

I usually weigh in the middle of the day with 'light' clothes on (ie, not jeans etc)

Thanks for any comments!
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I weigh myself first thing in the morning, with gym kit including trainers on. I don't know whether this makes me lighter than any other time, but it gives me consistency. My trainers actually add about 2lb but I can't be bothered taking them off and adjusting all my "historical" figures. And it gives me some leeway in case the gym scales aren't accurate. I find that I get fairly consistent results between that and my less regular trips to the scales at Boots for a print out which I do later in the day after I've eaten something but without shoes.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #3  
Leah

Thanks for the comment! Did you get my email? lol

Again, well done for the huge weight loss!

P.S are boots scales really that accurate because 50% of the time they're a couple of pounds out to the scales i have at home?
Old 05-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I don't know, but the two sets of scales I use pretty much agree (Boots and the gym) so either they're both out or they're pretty accurate. I don't get too hung up on it though, I look at the total amount I've lost, and on the basis that my weight is never exactly the same from one day to the next, but whatever it is it's a healthy BMI, I don't feel like I should be complaining too much.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:13 AM   #5  

I always weigh at more or less the same time once a week when I was weighing but i hadn't weighed recently because of the whole saga below.

On the subject of scales what the heck is going on.
I haven't weighed for ages because I thought I was gaining and I'm a big coward custard and thought ooh if i can't see it its not happening. But anyway some of my clothes are getting too tight so I weighed at the gym today only to find I'm lighter. How??!!!
I don't get it I wore a swimming costume today that is a size too big and could barely get it on but I am lighter. I was that disbelieving that I even went down to boots where I always get weighed and I've lost nearly 4lbs but I'm definitely bigger on the stomach. If its water retention how do I make it go if not what the heck is it and why is it scale defying could it be time of the month or something. So annoying!!!
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I weigh myself every morning - but Saturday is my 'official' weigh in day. I weigh myself starkers, after nature has taken its course *polite cough* and before I've eaten or drunk anything because that way I feel that I'm weighing me rather than anything I've consumed.

I'm also very careful on Fridays not to eat anything that makes me retain water (i.e. cheese) and I also drink a lot of extra water.

Yeah, yeah - its a stupid routine - but it keeps me happy.....
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #7  

I used to weigh myself every day ages ago but found it fluctuates so much day to day that I was just annoying myself. Am trying not to get too weight obsessed but its so hard when you get into the whole lifestyle thing. I might go back to once a week now again I think. Boots scales rule because you can keep a record of the snazzy print outs.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I am couple of times a week, nakkid after my morning "sit down" type of girl any other time of day and with clothes on would give me a coronary!!
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 06:43 PM   #9  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

I am weighed every Thursday morning, I wear the same clothes each time.
Although I do sneak a peak nearly every day but that usually goes wrong as I tend to put on as the day goes on, but I only really take note of the Thursday weigh in.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #10  

I haven't weighed myself for a while as it had crept up to daily and I suspect that's not a ehalthy place to be!

But yes, wearing nowt and first thing in the morning for me.

I realised that I have weighed the least of my entire life when I never weighed myself at all - I know I must have weighed the least as I was a size 8! I prob went 15 years not weighing myself once. It's probably a habit of being overweight - which is why I decided not to bother for a while. My clothes are getting looser again - and I'm eating healthily so guess all is well.

In Paul McKenna's books he advises you not to bother with the scales as it's a habit of overweight people and you have to think yourself into a slimmer mindset and I know he's right. It's a hard habit to break though. Having broken it I'm a bit worried about getting back on them (a) in case I'm heavier and (b) in case I start weighing in daily again.

Once a week worked for me in the past. I've read that your waist measurement is the best indicator of body fat.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:30 AM   #11  
Leah

I know what u mean, it's hard to not weigh yourself on a daily basis- i do! And when the scales say i've put on a pound or something i get upset- which is absolutley ridiculous, i know, because weight fluctuates throughout the day! I don't want to be too obsessed with my weight

I've never measured my waist because i wasn't sure whether to make the tape measure tight around your waist or have it a bit loose. Maybe i should start doing that rather than weighing myself everyday...