Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #1  

Default Help...Tastefully simple party

I posted this over on the general thread as well. The lady I babysit for invited me to go to a tastefully simple party with her. I had not one clue what it was. So I checked online....well duh it's food. Has anyone every attended a party of this sort? Do they offer samples? My mom hosts "At Home" parties and they always have products to examine and candles to smell and such, as do tupperware, pampered chef, home interiors. So I would guess that Tastefully Simple has food.

How would you handle this? Save points, how many will I need? Or just not try the stuff, which would be rude I think.

HELP!!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #2  

Default It's all about tasting

I've attended 1 Tastefully simple party and we sampled about 40 items. Most of the stuff was delicious! There wasn't much of anything low-cal, low-carb, or low-fat. Some of the dips you can use reduced-whatever mayo. I just wrote off my 35 flex points for the week after the party.

I tried to drink a lot of water before hand and while I was there.
Good luck.
JuleBee
Old 05-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #3  

Thanks JuleBee!!!!

I also have a retirment dinner to go to for my MIL on Saturday...I can't afford to use all my 35 points tonight...YIKES!!!!!! We're have prime rib at the dinner. Sheesh!

I wonder if there is a way I can politley decline without annoucing to the world that I am trying to do WW. I've looked up some of thier products and I think since one is just about obligated to order something, I will order some dip mixes as I can control what I mix them with...like you said low fat mayo ect.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I've been to pampered chef parties and not ordered anything. Most of it I don't need or afford. I think this would be a nice opportunity for you to get out of the house without the kids and socialize with other women. You don't have to eat everything, just try one or 2 things and stay away from the table after that. When I've been to pampered chef parties they made something sort of as a demonstration so you almost have to try that but otherwise if someone offers you something said that you already had a taste and it was wonderful!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #5  

that is a great idea Jen!!! SOmetimes I feel like I get mroe attentionf or not eating than I do for eating!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #6  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey there, I am a not so active Tastefully Simple consultant. Everyone does the parties different. I can not tell you how it will work. I do mine open house style. People walk around and taste what they want from a large selection. Other people pass around one item at a time and then you feel like you really have to try it. I will tell you that the spinach and herb mix is great sprinkled over cut up new potatoes and cooked at 400 for 20 min. This is a great way to use it without adding calories. Also, I use the garlic garlic when I make tacos or other items needing garlic (sauces etc). It is great added to ground beef. You can feel safe buying those items at least. Good luck to you!! --Amy
Closed Thread