Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 04:57 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Thanksgiving Day Challenge

We have 20 days until Thanksgiving. I am already seeing a change in the things people are bringing to work. I started lo carb woe this summer which has been successful for me. However the holiday season is always a challenge.

I usually post the weekly challenge, but with the holidays approaching, people get busy. So I thought we could do this.
We can post our goals and check in as often as you can to post your success', difficulties and give and get support.

My goal is a 4 # weight loss bringing me to 235# a nice even #

To maintain water intake of 120oz and stay lo carb

Anyone care to join me?

Last edited by 1fralick; 11-02-2001 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-02-2001, 11:05 AM   #2  
gbo

Mine is 291. 10 lbs. After not losing any weight this week this may be a stretch but It is what I am shooting for!
Old 11-02-2001, 11:44 AM   #3  

Default I'll join!

I am feeling motivated today and I will take you up on this challenge!

My goals will be to stay low-carb, to get to 220 (11 pound loss), and to exercise at least 15 days. WOW...sounds like a big challenge, but I think i'll work toward it.

Good luck to everyone! This is the worst time of the year for me (eating wise) and I know I will need a TON of luck.

Mary
Old 11-02-2001, 06:06 PM   #4  
DETERMINED!

I love these challenges!Mine will be to exercise 4 times a week.To
drink more water. To weigh 247 lbs.
335/251.75/247
Old 11-02-2001, 07:12 PM   #5  

LOL- my goal is to maitian (doctors orders) at the 222-225 range until Thanksgiving (probably have to maintian longer though ). Of course that means I can still reconfigure myself- regain some muscle and lose some fat- in the next few months. I seemed to have balanced back out after the last few weeks with tummy and feeding tube problems so I should be okay when I see my GI doc Nov 15...and I shouldn't even need change, keys, and whatever else I could fit in my pockets like someone suggested.

Christine
285/222/160
currently on tube feeding for gastroparesis (stomach disorder) and have to maintain my weight (doc's orders ).

Don't wish for things you don't really want...how many times did I say 'I wish I didn't have an appetite' and that is exactly what I ended up with (along with all the other problems with gastroparesis).
Old 11-04-2001, 07:31 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Hello ALl

So Far SO good. Went to the library and got some books on Stretching as I am trying to prevent another back injury. OP food wise. Could have been better on the water yesterday, but weekends are always a challenge.

Hey any one else up for this?
How are the others doing?
Old 11-04-2001, 07:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Put me down for a loss of 4 lbs. by Thanksgiving. So, goal weight by Turkey day is 295.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Michelle
Old 11-05-2001, 09:42 AM   #8  

Good idea! My goal is to have more OP days than not. To exercise more, to increase my water, and hopefully be able to wear my jeans again comfortably without feeling stuffed in.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:48 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

As sad as this is, put me down for being back where I was by Thanksgiving Plus 1. I'd like to say I have lost 40 lbs, so I'll need to be at 271. I know this Wednesday at WW will show a gain, so I'd like to get back where I was.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:42 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Hi all,
I am OP Had a great day yesterday. Did my stretches( found out how unlimber I am even w/ almost a year of regular exercise. Back in the saddle again. Only 1 twingw in the back yesterday.
Got my water in and stayed OP food wise.

How is everyone else? I too am inpired by the renewed interest and enthusiasm on the board!!!
Old 11-07-2001, 02:57 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Pat i just realized that t-day come a week early we have 2 weeks till turkey day!!!

i have a goal of 5 lbs for that. i have increased my cardio at the gym and have really been hitting the low carb racks. so i hope that i will come atleast close. i want to see 170!!! atleast briefly!!!
Old 11-07-2001, 10:36 PM   #12  

Glad to hear you all are doing so great! I may have made my challenge a bit too challenging, but I'll keep it as is. I've had one off plan day, but I have been keeping up with my exercise challenge. Woohooo. What do you all plan on eating for Thanksgiving? Are you going to go off plan for the day or stay OP??

Mary
Old 11-08-2001, 05:31 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

HI ALL,
I am still OK, At least that is what I tell myselfLOL, OP and I am close to my goal. Let's see if I can screw that up between now and then. I have been really trying toagain think before I eat. Am I hungary?, Am I full? etc. Things that I was very aware of in the beginning but have let go by the wayside now that I don't eat the forbidden foods.
Hope everyone is well the day is 2 weeks from today!!!
Old 11-08-2001, 08:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Angry

Doing ok here. Went to the gym yesterday and feel sore today, but it's a good kind of soreness. My trainer literally yelled at me when she saw me, realizing that I hadn't been in for such a long time. It felt great to have her support, and boy did she make me work!

Food wise, I'm doing ok. I've been eating around 1800 cals the past couple days (excluding Monday), but I really need to bring that down to 1200-1400. Slow steps though, 1800 is much better then the thousands and thousands I would eat in just one day.

I just want to say that I've been doing a lot of browsing on the boards and have seen SUCH a surge of recommittments and goals. That makes me so excited and happy! We WILL do this!

Last edited by spartanMOM; 11-08-2001 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-08-2001, 09:10 AM   #15  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

As of yesterday, I now have 5 lbs to lose to reach my Thanksgiving goal. I am OP as of today!!
Closed Thread