Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Dieting With Diabetes - The Long, Hot Summer

Here we are . . . as we all know, the summer can present special challenges for the overweight diabetic . . . so thought we could discuss our problems in here until the fall comes rolling along. . .

Have a great day of moving and shaking. See you soon.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #2  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Thanks for the new thread meowee!

My big issue is that I spring cleaned our bedroom on Sunday and DF was complaining madly this morning that he couldn't find anything! One room down, rest of house to go!

Got mom moved on Saturday. She had so many people there that it wasn't too big of a deal. We moved about 4 loads (truck and trailer) but they were all from the second floor. So, yeah, I am a little bit sore today, but in a good way.

Not to mention what I did to our poor bedroom yesterday! hehehe.

I'm going to call and set up a couple of doctor appointments today. See what the heck is going on with me.

*hugs*
Old 05-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

Well, Josian . . . you may be tired and a little sore, but you sound like you're in better humour. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the doctor appointments.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #4  

Morning everyone..so weve moved again and i found u all its sunny and still cold.. we had friends over last night..us girls visited while the guys worked on my dh airplane..we are getting it annualed and ready for sale..dh cant fly anymore cuz of his back injury..all ready have a potenial buyer..my girlfriend and i had agreat time talking about quilts etc..was fun..im feeling fine this am sl 111.. i was so hungry had to have a snack befor bed..small apple and some pretzels..josian good luck at the drs..has anyone had these symptoms.. bad gas.. burbing that and other end too..my daughter has had this 2x now and wondering what causes it.. she said it was so bad she couldnt stand herself and it hurt too.. any ideas?? hope you all have agreat day..(((((((hugs))))) rosey
Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

Is she taking any new medications, Rosey? Or eating quite a bit more fibre and/or gassy veggies (broccoli, cabbage, legumes, etc.)? Garlic (which I dearly love) will also bother me sometimes.

Sometimes just a strange comination of foods can do it. I remember once (quite a few years ago now) having chicken noodle soup followed by a couple of big brownies. Within the hour I thought I was going to explode and my stomach was so sore, I almost wished it would.

Last edited by meowee; 05-01-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #6  

Meowee.. she has been following ww and really limits her food.. also drinks slimfast..but allows herself one as she calls "blow it day " a week and they had steak salad and garlic bread.. the next moring she had eggs and bacon and mexican for dinner.. ive told her to keep track of what shes eating diff.. this is the 2nd time it has happened to her.. and yes she takes allergy meds but not sure what..she said the gas is so"offensive" and the burbs too.. that she cant stand herself..her income is limited and going to the dr is a big expense.. so i was trying to gather some info for her..any helpful info i would be greatful..thanks rosey
Old 05-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #7  
creations

Found you with no problems.
Going out in a few minutes and plant some flowers. Got a few today and will get some more on payday. Always get differnet ones every year. What ever catches my eye.
Will go to the foot dr in the morning. He's a new one for me.
Have a great evening.

Judy S
Old 05-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #8  
Onward and Downward

Rosey . . . that combination of high fat meat and garlic bread; then a high fat breakfast; then spicy stuff . . . could be a candidate for problems. Especially after a fairly bland and very controlled WW diet for a week.

Judy . . . glad you found us. I promise I'll leave us here until September. Have fun in the garden. Lucky girl. I'm allergic to insect venom so I don't dare puddle in the great outdoors too much. Consequently, I really don't know a flower from a weed . . . and as long as it's pretty and in the garden (I do recognize dandelions ) I don't care which it is.

Have a great evening, everybody.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #9  

rosey those bad burps can result from really fresh bread,
hi everyone been gone a long time depression. pat
Old 05-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #10  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Wow,,,I must have looked right at the new thread and went to the old one,,,

RebaR,,I posted to you on the old thread,,,hope you get a chance to read it and thanks again,,,

Meowee,,,thanks for the new thread !!!

Hi to everyone and talk to you all soon,,,later,,Jeanne
Old 05-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #11  
stbakd

i found you. alls well here. glen
Old 05-02-2006, 08:21 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, gang . . . it's raining, again, and it's supposed to continue for a few days. All the rain this spring has been making my arthritic old joints go crazy.

Glad you found us, Glen and Jeanne. Pat, thanks for the input. Of course, you're right. It's the yeast content in the bread that does it. There's usually a yeasty smell to it, also.

See you later, gators. Keep moving and shaking.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #13  

Talking

Morning everyone first off thankyou every one for your helpful advice..i passed it along to my dd and she said she had eaten homemade cinnamon rolls(actually quite a few)plus all the other stuff..ill let u all know what her dr says..this is so great to be able to share info..i just read parts of the new 3fc book and recommend it.. it has lots of useful info.. not sure what on todays agenda.. i did big shopping yesterday and happy to say no chocolate came home with me..it s really helping to police my cupboards..and i started back with my exercises(the ones i sent to a few of you) so last night i needed advil for my snack..im detrmined.. all my achs and pains are fueling my determination to stick with this..im tired of hurting all the time.. aslo got my mail and lots of neat stuff i got on e-bay(im an e-bay addict ) ..paperdoll am so happy to see you back and hope u are feeling better..hello to all and have agreat day (((((((hugs))))))) rosey
Old 05-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #14  

Cool

Hi, all. Mild Spring weather here. (Sorry, Meowee - I'd trade if I could.) Welcome back, Pat. Sorry about your depression. I wrestle with it too. I still have that nasty cold I caught last week and have been medicating with food and not doing any exercise. I'm afraid to get on the scale tomorrow, but I must face the music. Rosey - I used to be an EBay addict. Have bought some nice things but a lot of stupid ones too. Don't go on there anymore.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #15  
Pinkroses

Good evening everyone. Spring here is trying to cut down on our house plans which we have so we can afford the house payments. We did, thank goodness.
I had to take Mom out. Tired when I got home.

ROSEY the bad burping could be from REFULXE DISEASE
I have had this for years and I had that sympton ; if it gets worse and keeps bothering you I would make a appoiment with a gastoragoist.
I hope every one is having a good evening. PINKROSES
Closed Thread