South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 05:41 AM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default Terrific Tuesday Chat

Good morning everyone.....I started my new job yesterday & I was SOOOOOOOO BORED!!! This store does 1/2 the business, which is 1/2 the work, but it makes the day go twice as long. I wanted to pull my hair out yesterday!
Weezle - Happy B-day!
Crockett - great job with the weight loss!
Ruth & Schazti - feel better asap.
Everyone else have a great day on the beach!!
Old 05-16-2006, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Another cool, rainy day here. All the flowers we planted over the weekend are getting a good start, though, so I can't complain. After school today I'm going to assist the girls in baking a birthday cake for their mommy and making some homemade presents for her. Then there's swim lessons later, so it will be a full day. I have the morning off and plan to just cosy up with my book. First, Curves, though!

Soon ~ Oh, I sure hope your new job gets better! I know you were so looking forward to it. Maybe yesterday was just a slow day.

Weezle ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Where are you, anyway? Still having computer problems?

I hope everyone who is feeling under the weather feels much better today. I'll be back a little later with my coffee.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:59 AM   #3  

Mornin' all. Just a quick pop-in. It's been busy this week, and I'm heading down south for a couple of days to visit family & take the nephews to Silver Dollar City in Branson. Should be a good time.

Soon - Hope things pick up for you at the new job.
Cottage - Have fun baking the birthday cake with the kids.
Weezle - Sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday!
Ruthie & Schatz - How are you girls feeling today?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:50 AM   #4  

Aw thanks fer askin chicks! I dragged myself outta bed this morn... Went to the doctors yesterday- and I have the flu.. bleah... I've got stuff for the runs, stuff fer nausea... stuff fer my schnozz...cough meds...OY!!! Fer the first time I can remember I don't wanna eat??? I MUST BE SICK !! Doc says I should be on the BRAT diet fer now... not exactly OP, but
I haveta go catch up on all yer chicks postings and come back to chat later!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:00 AM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

morning all, my cat woke me up.

happy bday weezle

Soon: I hate when there's no work to doand itjust seems like day drags on and on and on....
Old 05-16-2006, 08:08 AM   #6  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks!
Schatzi - I hope you start feeling better soon!
Soon - I hope the pace picks up for you.
Cottage - enjoy your quiet morning.
Jana - Hope you have a good trip!
Lottie - hope your tooth is feeling better soon.

I made the sirloin tips & mushrooms last night and it was delicious! Made it w/ roasted zucchini and I can't wait until lunch to eat the leftovers. Other than that, just a rainy, rainy day here. Wish I could go home and vedge for awhile.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:42 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Well, semi-good as we have rain yet again!

Schatzi, it sounds like you and I have the same thing! I still have no appetite. I'm off to the doc this afternoon and may get the verdict. Can we pass bugs to each ovther over the Net? Sickie bugs, I mean, not computer ones!

Soon, I hope your job situation perks up. I know you like to be busy and will be job hunting again out of boredom.

Cottage, rain is good but this is getting ridiculous. However, you are right - it does give the flowers a good start rather than scorching hot days.

Jana, Branson? I've heard a lot about that place from friends in your area. Be sure to give a full report.

Cottage, baking a birthday cake is teetering on the edge of temptation but I'm sure you'll be strong.

Lottie, dentist tomorrow? I hope your pain meds keep on working.

Kelly, I am definitely going to try that recipe this week. Roasted zucchini sounds like it might be good too. I've grilled it but never done it in the oven.

Hershey was sound asleep on the couch last night so I left her there for the night. I didn't wake up until seven this morning - that's sleeping in for me. She was still on the couch when I went downstairs. I think she was pooped from the two hours of gardening we did yesterday. She helped by eating the flowers off the dandelions.

Aside from my garden-fresh asparagus, last night's Lean Cuisine dinner was terrible! It was salmon with whole wheat spaghetti. That part was good but the salmon was skimpy and very dried out. Remind me that home cooking is best. (I forgot to thaw something for dinner.) I have chicken breast thawing as we speak.

I plan to do a bit of potting this morning even if I am doing it in my raincoat. A bit of rain won't keep this gardener indoors!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:56 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

ONE MORE TREATMENT TO GOYippeeee!! I'm so excited,to be able to have my life back again.Leo radiation burns on is chest are all gone,and we see the doctor this morning,to let us know what to expect next.

Went on a strict Phase 1 yesterday,and it was a challenge,not being able to eat bread/grain & fruit carbs. I hope this time around I will do better than I did in the past.Will let you know next Monday.

Have to get ready for our last treatment Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-16-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #9  

OK TIME TO CATCH UP WITH ALL YOU GROOVY CHICKS!!!!

Kyemom: Glad you are feelin better! I bet it'll be awhile before you have clams again eh?

Sarah: Welcome back from Hawaii! You are GOHJIS and yer DBF is a cutie! Thanks fer posting pics!

Soon: So glad yer done with training! Hopefully with you at the helm, business in that store will pick up...if not, I guess it's a good place to refine yer skills and knowledge before moving on to a bigger store! Yes you have EXEC in TRAINING written all over ya!

Lottie: OY tooth pain... the worst! If you dont want to feel loopy you could try biting down on an aspirin, taste bad but works... if there's a hole there you can make a small cotton ball dipped in whiskey and put it in the cracked area....

Debbie:
We had rain the last 2 weeks - finally the weather broke yesterday! All that rain and overcast skies makes me a grump! . We had a tornado touch down in the next town over on Sunday... and we had torrential rain, thunder and lightning...hail the size of quarters come down and high winds...It was our first experience with large hail and tornado watches

Crocky: Mighty bow huntress Bear hunter
I love it! man you need some upper body strength fer bow hunting! Do you do cross bow too? I tried it -failed miserably... Tried deer hunting once... I was banned by the Men folk back to the trucks since I shooed all the deer away... I just couldn't "bear" it... I trap and skeet shoot though.. I've got a 12 g Mossberg ...

Smokepole:
I hope the doc can help pinpoint why you cant lose.. I know it is so frustrating when you think you are doing everything right

Annarenee:
We have a King size bed too... and sometimes I think even that is too small... lol... We have 2 little terriers that seems to expand to great dane size when they are in bed with us!

Barb: Sounds like Boyscouts was fun again! I bet you will start to lose more when you and DS go for more long bike rides! Good for you!

BB: German Pork withe Saurbraten gravy!!! Sounds sooooo yummy!!!! What a scare about the tea kettle! I've done that myself... or sometimes I leave the house swearing I left the iron on or the garage open... OY!!!!

Kiko, Cottage, Catty, Ruth, Stephanie!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:12 AM   #10  
unabashed

thanks everyone....the pain meds are not working so good today it's totally breaking through but at least it's not as bad as it was without them. it's a dull ache now and just in my tooth, before it was my tooth, under my eye, my ear, my neck and shoulder! Thank god for small favors I guess. ha.

Dentist tomorrow! Wish it was closer and I Didn't have to take a cab. booo!

Oh well.... anyhow, I forgot to excerize my second half of 15 mins last night cuz I slept all day from the pain meds so I guess I'm doing it today. blah. Hope I can stay awake, though sleeping away the pain is nice.

at 10 I"m gonna make some mock french toast. yummy.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:14 AM   #11  
unabashed

In like the last ten seconds the pain meds kicked in hardcore and my tooth feels much better...wooo!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Ladies

Shatzi~ Never have uses a cross bow.. they are illegal here in West Virginia..what do you trap? and Yes I do skeet shoot as well.. anything that keeps me out side..

Soon~ Thank you for your congrats on my weight loss. I appreciate it. Less work demand may be what we all want, but when we get it we get bored,, I hope it levels out for you.. Chin Up.

Beachbum~ One more Treatment,,,,, wooooooowhoooooooooooo... I hope Phase 1 Treats you well.

Cottage, Jana, Lottie, Kelly J and Ruth Good Morning,, and take care,, Rainy and Miserable here, make me have NO energy , plus Aunt Margaret is here for her monthly visit,, icccccccckkk
Old 05-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #13  

Lottie, I'm glad the meds are starting to kick in! Tooth pain is the worst!

Schatzi, get well soon! Glad the sun is out in your part of the world. We might see some sunshine later this afternoon.

Ruth, I hope you start feeling better soon, too. Lean Cuisine, yuck! I haven't found any of those dinners that actually taste good.

Good Morning BeachBum, Kelly and Jana!

I just made a Chicken & Spinach Casserole for tonight's supper, it's in the oven now. I'm not sure how long I'll have to work today, so at least that's taken care of. I had a yummy breakfast of Papaya Passion cereal with Greek yogurt and blueberries. I found the cereal at Wegman's in the whole foods section, and it's soooo good! The timer on the oven just went off, so I'll see you later!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:37 AM   #14  

MsCrockett~ a quick Good Morning to ya!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Hey all, im new to this board and need ome serious support and help thru this, im hoping i am welcome here and can get some help that i need...
thanks...
janelle
Closed Thread