South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 06:37 AM   #1  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Default Monday Musings

Why o' why does Monday morning come so #@*$ fast?

Time to get Up Chicks!!! If I have to be up, so should everyone else, right??? J/K I am so jealous of all you sleeping chicks :smilie:

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I was truly pampered and I loved every minute of it! Although it was my 3rd mothers day, it was the first one I've gotten to spend at home so it was lovely.

I need to go grab some coffee (the baby was up 4 TIMES last night ) then get on with the day....I'll try to check back in later!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:40 AM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

augh. I"m dying. my broken back tooth is KILLING ME...I just remembered last night that I have nerve medicine from when I had a messed up nerve in my leg, so I"m taking it for my tooth and it work great but it dopes me up. I feel such a brain fog! The pain woke me up at 6 am and now I took more and am waiting for it to kick in.

lost 8 lbs my first two weeks. woot!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:49 AM   #3  
gotta lose it!

Morning all, I agree Kelly....Sat & Sun just flew. I start my new job today....should be a piece of cake (bean cake that is). Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Default question re: Core Secrets

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Core Secrets systems with the ball? I used to be very fit until an accident several years ago.
I was paralyzed for a while and gained alot of weight +50 lbs.......
I am no longer paralyzed but have alot of pain and suffer from daily migraines as well as the fact that Ive become lazy since I havent excersized in soo long! I'm interested in something good that will help me tone as well as lose weight....walking isn't necessarily good enough I get bored and hot and have shin splints....yes I know complaining already!! lol though any info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated........Thx

Alos have heard lots of people have lost weight with nutrisystem but I am on a fixed income and cant afford that...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:27 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cattyanna, welcome to 3FC. If you want exercise info, check out the Exercise Forum at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34.
Nutrisystem? There is a group here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=194. (This Forum is for chicks on The South Beach Diet.)

Thanks for getting us going, Kelly. Hershey got me up at 4:30 this morning. She glugged a lot of water before bed so..... I've been reading the new 3 Fat Chicks book and just love it!

Lottie, ouch! I hope you can get that tooth fixed soon. A toothache is so much worse than any other pain 'cuz you can't exactly elevate your head and rest it.

Soon, best of luck on your first day at the new job. at "piece of bean cake"!

It's pretty gloomy and cold here today but not raining so far. I plan to dig and pot a few plants for the Church sale this coming Saturday and will tackle a bit of weeding if it's not too wet. My earth is clay and really is damaged if I walk on it when it's wet. It's definitely an afternoon nap type of day!

What's happening chez toi?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

I'm glad it is Monday morning but I don't have to go to work so I guess that is why. I just can't take much more of this RAIN!
It is hard. The kids are running out of things to do in the house, etc. and we haven't had any money to go anywhere!
I can't tell you how excited I am for my trip on Thursday. That is the day that I get on an airplane to fly to my sister's in Massachusettes. I leave behind my DH and 4 kids (ages 15, 12, 5 and 2.5). I may actually go to a MOVIE! Eat out!!! SLEEP thru the NIGHT!!!!
Lately it just seems like I've been seeing the glass half empty instead of half full and I don't want to be that way! (maybe because of a week of rain?) anyway, enough of that!!
I didn't lose as much weight as I wanted to before the trip. But I am pretty happy with myself. My MIL bought me 3 pair of capris and 3 new tops! So, Ihave new clothes for trip however, it better warm up so I can wear them!

I hope everyone has a sunny day inside even tho it may be dreary outside!!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #7  
South Beach Life Style

Morning Ladies

Well I am out of school for the summer. So now begins the relaxing, do whatever I can do days.... Still OP. little low on groceries but will make it somehow. Not sure when I will get back to the Store.. I am hooked on Greys Anatomy and Desperate Housewives..... anybody watch them? Last night was a killer.. and Greys anatomy is back on tonight for 2 hr season ender.. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I cant wait,,
Old 05-15-2006, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a rainy day here, too, and we woke up to find out the power went out overnight, but it just came back on. I had a great Mother's Day, but the 2lbs I was down on Saturday is back, so no changing my ticker today. I'll fix that in the next few days, I hope. I spent part of my day yesterday planting flowers in the front flower bed, and planting a gorgeous hisbiscus tree that Jake gave me for Mother's Day. I had planned on filling all my pots and containers for the patio this morning, but our drizzle has turned into a downpour, so that's out. I have a load of wash going right now, and I'm just going to curl up with a book until it's time to get the girls.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Good morning everyone

Kelly, Glad you had a great mother's day. Me too! It was my 27th!! My oldest was around. My middle was being Ms Nursie, and the youngest is still in Albany, finishing up finals! I think I get to do Mom's day again when he gets home.

Ouch!! Lottie. Get thee to the dentist before it turns into a root canal job.

Bean cake I haven't tried, bean brownies were iffy.

Cattyann: I broke 2 ribs 2 winters ago, then rebroke them 2 months later so I went through a period of no exercise. Even walking hurt!! I use the pilates ball and movement is easier because the ball rolls for you but I found I had to learn how to roll. LOL!! I will say I really felt the workout in my stomach muscles. Good luck. I did nutrisystems 17 years ago...worked, kept the weight off for 5 years. You can do it yourself by using portion control and keeping the soidum low. That basically what they do.

Ruth: I LOVE afternoon naps!! Our weather is the same, gloomy and cool. Downer after a fairly decent week last week. I want to get outside but don't want to be cold!!

Debbie: I remember when my kids were young, I felt like noone else did anything. I am know to say "I just wish someone would take care of me for a couple of week" Seems like our jobs as mom's (& wives) center around caretaking of family. Includes the household chores! Everyone else gets to go off to work/school for the day and come home to crash. We have to keep going. Does not seem fair. Take your well deserved trip and have fun with your sister!!

Ms. Crockett: You mention not sure when you will get to the store. Where in W.V. do you live. MY dad is originally from Richwood. I went there once 50 years ago. To get to my aunts you had to walk over a swining bridge!! They had an outhouse!! I know it's more developed now, but I was only 5 and I the memory of that bridge has stuck with me all these yars!!

ME: Well this is starting week 4 for me and I've still only lost 3 lbs. Very sad. I was so good last week about not adding more than 1 fruit. I'm reading the book and I do know yesterday was off plan. I'm giving it one more week. It's particularly had when I'm reading the successes and I'm feeling like "What am I doing wrong?"

I might have mentioned that losing weight has been a problem since I had a bad allergic reaction to something and took a steroid for 6 weeks. Gained 20 lbs (more now) and have not been able to get it off since. And I haved really tried. I'm actually an LA weight loss member - on hold currently because that wasn't working either. Oh well. I see the Doctor again in 2 weeks. See what he has to say this time.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:44 AM   #10  

Mornin' All -

Hope everyone had a good weekend and a good Mother's Day. It was gloomy all weekend, but the weather seems to be improving, so hopefully it will warm up soon.

Just 10 days until my vacation! I can't decide if I'm nervous (meeting DBF's mom for the first time) or excited (picking out the apt. we'll move into in Oct.). I guess a little of both.

Against all laws of physics, DBF was able to get the king size bed into my studio on Saturday. And it really doesn't make the place look smaller. And I've had great sleep the past two nights (two kinda big people sleeping on a full size bed makes for a lot of restless nights!) I also got to take a bunch of junk from my closet to his storage. So now we have more closet space too. Not too much else went on this weekend. Since I had been putting off laundry for about two weeks, I had 9 loads to wash yesterday. I was lucky and snagged two washer right before the Sunday afternoon rush, so it really didn't take that long.

Crockett - Grey's Anatomy was so good last night!! I can't believe Izzy did what she did. I am very excited to see the rest of the episode tonight.

Well, gotta run to the Monday staff meeting. Take care and have a good day!

Old 05-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

Smokepole~ I live about 25 minutes away from Richwood, I live in Cowen, Yep the Outhouses are not around anymore,,LOL.. there are a few perhaps up some hollers...

Anna~ Greys Anatomy is just the best, I go to abc.com and check out the message boards. I cant wait, but I think that Izzy has just went way to far.Plus Denny had signed the DO NOT RESUSSITATE form at the beginning, so Izzy is gonna kill him and then bring him back,,,,
Old 05-15-2006, 10:46 AM   #12  

Morning gals!!

Lottie WTG on the 8 pound loss in Phase 1. I hope to join you there this Saturday when I wrap up Phase 1. I am not positive I can lost 3 more pounds by then, but I will sure try!!

We had a wonderful day yesterday- very fun and relaxing. I did cheat and had 2 glasses of red wine. Food was perfect, though!!

I am so HOOKED on Grey's Anatomy! DH is taking the girls and I out for dinner tonight b/c he had to work yesterday. We will have to be home in time to see the 2 hour finale tonight. I cannot wait!!

Gotta jet... tons of end of year work to get done!
Old 05-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #13  
South Beach Life Style

Did anyone hear what time the President is giving his speech tonight, and if they will be showing Greys Anatomy after or what?>
Old 05-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #14  

Morning, Kiko! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I did too although we don't have any big get togethers.

The Scout Show on Saturday was a blast! I got to see so many different leaders that I know. I worked our booth for over 4 hours but I did get a chance to see the outside stuff with Brian and DH at lunchtime. I packed a healthy sandwhich and raw zucchini that I ate before I went outside. There were many troops doing demos of dutch oven cookery. I did sample some chicken and a bit of cobbler but I stayed away from all of the places that had fried donuts and the place that had homemade rootbeer. Five pounds of sugar with five gallons on water! Wow! But Brian liked it.

On Sunday, we had church and Sunday school then grocery shopping. We spend several hours at the animal shelter and then Brian and I went for a 50 minute bike ride. He wants to start working on his bicycling pin so he needs 10 hours of bike riding so at least I'll be getting some exercise.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #15  
Kyemom

Morning girls..I have MIA for a few days, as I had food poisoning....had some bad clams....very sick!!!! Hoping that they may have gotten me over my plateau....at least something good to come out of it!!!! How is everyone doing today?
Closed Thread