Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-14-2006, 06:37 PM   #1  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Angry Featherweight gripes

Okay, so I used to be a featherweight. So here are/were my gripes:

1. Boobs. I only have them if I'm overweight. They're the first thing to go when I lose and the last thing to show when I gain. So small that it's hard to find a tiny cup size in a bra that big around the ribs.

2. Cellulite. Even when I'm small and not overweight, I have it. If I'm going to be overweight like I am now, why can't I at least have large firm thighs? I've seen larger women with better looking legs than me when I'm smaller.

SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

cellulite happens to thin people with lots of muscle too, I think it's hereditary actually, but I could be wrong. it's just the way the fat is distributed. I know a runner who is thin and she has horrible cellulite.

I'm not a featherweight, I just stumbled into this thread.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:47 PM   #3  

That is sooo me! ERG! I've always been athletic, even when I could run for miles and miles, I still felt ridiculously uncomfortable in a bathing suit because of my legs. It's got to be hereditary. My mom is built the same way.
salvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It was mind-blowing the first time I went into a store (where I used to shop) and they said "I'm sorry, I don't think we can help you. The smallest we carry is an eight." It was even fun the second time. But, it can be a bit of a trick finding (especially dress slacks) small clothing that doesn't make me look like a 40 something in teenaged hoochie clothes.

I hear that in the states there's a chain called "2,4,6" or something like that. I'd love to try that.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Boobs! Argh! I'm the same...it was only when I was overweight that I had anything remotely resembling a pair lol and even then they were hardly any great claim to fame.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion I am just going to be flat so I may as well deal with it but sometimes it is so frustrating when clothes that should look good on don't because they just arent being filled out in the right places.

Cellulite...not such a worry although varicose veins do run in my family and I have a sneaking suspicion i'm going to be inheriting that legacy -sigh- all that work on toning legs and they'll be riddled with bugling veins. Meh.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ick I have almost-varicose veins and thread veins and all sorts of ick going on on my legs - not to mention the bruises! But they hold me up, they do AMAZING back kicks (thank you kickboxing) and they take me running when I want them to!

So all in all, I love them, even if they are a bit lumpy
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #7  
cha

S/C/G: 228/142/125

OMG...... the boobs thing!! I was 100 lbs overweight when I began my journey. At 4'11'', I knew something had to be done. I was mainly top heavy though because of the weight. I started out at a 42 DD/DDD!!! Bad back probs, but I liked having them!! Then I lost a bunch of weight, and POOF!!! My boobies were gone!!! My hubby kept telling me that I needed to buy new bras, but I didnt listen until about a month ago. Glad I too, cuz I was being swallowed by my old bras!!! I went in and tried on some bras. I had to keep going back and getting smaller ones until FINALLY, I found one that fit me........36 C!!!!!!!! 36 C? OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Where the heck did my boobies go?????? I cried in the dang dressing room for a few mintues, then came to the reality that its for the better that they are "gone". Hubby chuckled at me for freaking out, cuz I really never noticed I had lost so much until he took me shopping. I have always loved my boobs, even though I had bad back problems. I felt better about myself because they were so big and firm!! NOW, they are way smaller and pointing south!!! GRRRRR!!!!!Doc says that he can fix them for me, but it's gonna cost me!!! OUCH!! Oh well, I am getting over the smaller size thingy now. Trying to accept my new smaller look. Now I am speaking of my top size, not my bottom size. I love the new bottom size!!! Always have, I am very proud of what I have accomplished in that dept. Just not too pleased with my new smaller boobs. They are saggy and ugly now. Bad thing, I have always been such an azzzz to others because I had bigger breasts. Insert foot in mouth!!! Now I am the same as those I taunted!! Never shouldve been such a poop!! I know. As far as the cellulite thing....I doc says I dont have anything left. He did a thorough check of my body at my PS consult. All I have left is skin!! He said that if I were to be able to have it all removed over the next few years(cost wise), There really wouldnt be anything left of me. He said he would be taking 4-5 lbs off my tummy, 4-5 lbs off thighs, 1-2 lbs off my arms, and have to reconstruct my boos entirely!! At 145 lbs, I would be approx....130s range!!! Not including what I might lose on top of that during the whole process. WOW!!! What I would give to have $30,000, right now!!!! hahahaha!!!! Hubby thinks that would be too small for me. I am very big boned. So, he thinks I would look anorexic. Doc thinks so too. So, for now, all I am gonna do is have the TT done. We'll see later after the TT is paid for, if I want to fix my babies(boobs), and maybe have the skin takin off my thighs. Dunno just yet. I am still fighting myself over the loss of motivation to lose weight!!! I have always wanted to be smaller. Now that I am, I hate what I look like!!! It's all droopy skin, that I gotta tuck into my clothes!! Grrrrrr!!! Lord gimme strength!!! LOL, ok I'm done venting now. Anyone else??? LOLOLOLOL!!!!
cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #8  
Summer Forever!

S/C/G: 160/132/125?

Ahhhh, cellulite. Why is nature so cruel?

Another gripe: Maybe this is not necessarily a featherweight gripe, but the dreaded pear-shape. Frustrating! I'm so proud of my shoulders, chest, waist, and tummy, but my bum, hips and thighs are so stubborn! I think I could walk across the United States and my booty will still be able to shake itself!
Beachbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #9  

Me too! I put on a nice tank and shorts the other day. My front looked great but the backs of my thighs ... oi! for lumpy!

I keep meaning to do more reading about just 'what' cellulite really is and if you 'can' get rid of it. I'll let y'all know if I find anything promising.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #10  

This is what I've found about cellulite ....

According to dictionary.com ....A fatty deposit causing a dimpled or uneven appearance, as around the thighs and buttocks

According to qwackwatch ..."Cellulite" is not a medical term. Medical authorities agree that cellulite is simply ordinary fatty tissue [1]. Strands of fibrous tissue connect the skin to deeper tissue layers and also separate compartments that contain fat cells. When fat cells increase in size, these compartments bulge and produce a waffled appearance of the skin. Many years ago, Neil Solomon, M.D., conducted a double-blind study of 100 people to see whether cellulite differed from ordinary fat. Specimens of regular fat and lumpy fat were obtained by a needle biopsy procedure and given to pathologists for analysis and comparison. No difference between the two was found.

More recently, researchers at Rockefeller Institute used ultrasonography, microscopic examinations, and fat-metabolism studies to see "affected" and unaffected skin areas differed in seven healthy adult subjects (five women, two men; four affected, three unaffected). The researchers concluded: (a) certain characteristics of skin make women more prone than men to develop cellulite; (b) the process is diffuse rather than localized; and (3) there were no significant differences in the appearance or function of the fatty tissue or the regional blood flow between affected and unaffected sites within individuals [2].

The Bottom Line
The amount of fat in the body is determined by the individual's eating and exercise habits, but the distribution of fat in the body is determined by heredity. In most cases reduction of a particular part can be accomplished only as part of an overall weight-reduction program. Endermologie may temporarily improve the appearance of dimpled areas, but the procedure is time-consuming and expensive. Liposuction may permanently help in some cases.

I haven't done a search here at 3fc .... yet!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:07 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Have you tried L'oreal activeslim anti-cellulite gels? I find they work a treat, but they work by puffing up the tissue around your fat cells so that they don't appear lumpy. Being well hydrated and eating lots of fresh fruit and veg also works a treat.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #12  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

At 135 and 5´4", I don´t know if I qualify as a featherweight........but I can tell you that the only thing worse than having no boobs.....is having saggy boobs. I´m still nursing my 10 month old and sometimes I want to scream in horror at the way they look.

That, and I feel like the thinner I get, the saggier the skin on my belly. Of course I didn´t notice that my skin wasn´t as tight anymore when I weighed 154 or 164........because my fat filled it out!!!!!!!!! Now, it freaks me out if I lay on my side and I can tell that my skin is kind of loose around my navel....Yuck.

--Katherine
ktgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #13  

In the same boat as you Katherine!

It was that third baby that did me in!

I had always gotten within about 10 pounds of prepreg weight with no issues.

I knew when I hit 160 I was going to have a problem.

Boobs still ok but all bets are off when I lose the final 15 pounds.

All the saggy skin under my navel has to go - hubby agrees (and this is the same guy who always said if you want plastic surgery you are going to have to pay for it because I am totally against it!). Now he sees that there are no amount of situps/pilates/etc. that will help my situation.

Yuck indeed!
athensmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:44 AM   #14  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound
Another gripe: Maybe this is not necessarily a featherweight gripe, but the dreaded pear-shape. Frustrating! I'm so proud of my shoulders, chest, waist, and tummy, but my bum, hips and thighs are so stubborn! I think I could walk across the United States and my booty will still be able to shake itself!
I can so relate! I'm down from 150 pounds to about 123 pounds and still I am a size smaller on top than on the bottom. This makes it really hard to find a dress that fits! I just want to be the same size all over (it would be nice if it were the smaller size, though ). When I look in the mirror, all I can see are thighs and stomach. Will I be a pear forever? I don't even like pears. Apples, mangos, pineapples, apricots, anything but pears!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm a pear as well...even when I was 112 pounds on a 5'6 frame I was still a size smaller on top and one larger down below. As much as I tried there just wasnt a way to shrink my hip bones lol

I've made peace with it now...especially when my friends wish they had a waist as defined as mine (muhaha...having bigger hips DOES have its advantages...it makes our waists seem even smaller)

I try and concentrate on the plus of my pear shape and just work with what I've been given
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote