Old 05-14-2006, 10:39 AM   #1  
is about to be slim !!

S/C/G: 170/164.4/147

Height: 5ft 3in

Lightbulb Diet Coke

Hello

I was wondering if I am allowed to drink diet coke?? Also anything you can suggest to stop me wantint to eat everything in site???

Amanda xx
AmandaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #2  

You can have diet coke, but pay attention to what it does to your body. It can stall your weight loss. Coke Zero is good, and there is a Coke Zero made with Splenda if you prefer that instead.

As for eating everything in sight: Just eat! Have snacks on hand that will help satisfy the cravings. After a while you will majorly cut back on intake without even realizing it. Have several small meals instead of 3 big ones. I like turkey roll ups as a snack. I put some cheese, sliced tomato and onion with some peperonchini (sp?) peppers inside, roll it up and enjoy. There is enough protien that it should tide you over for a while.

Good luck!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:27 PM   #3  

Wink Re: Diet Coke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falon
You can have diet coke, but pay attention to what it does to your body. It can stall your weight loss. Coke Zero is good, and there is a Coke Zero made with Splenda if you prefer that instead.

As for eating everything in sight: Just eat! Have snacks on hand that will help satisfy the cravings. After a while you will majorly cut back on intake without even realizing it. Have several small meals instead of 3 big ones. I like turkey roll ups as a snack. I put some cheese, sliced tomato and onion with some peperonchini (sp?) peppers inside, roll it up and enjoy. There is enough protien that it should tide you over for a while.

Good luck!

Just an FYI...
I work for Coca-Cola and the Coke Zero DOES NOT have Splenda. Only Diet Coke is made with Splenda and there is a version with aspertame. The Coke Zero is made with a different sweetner and syrup. In my opinion Coke Zero tastes more like regular Coca-Cola than Diet Coke. In any case, 1 or 2 Diet Cokes or Coke Zeros should not affect weight loss. It hasn't in my case. Thanks for reading

Shari
ShariFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShariFerrari
Just an FYI...
I work for Coca-Cola and the Coke Zero DOES NOT have Splenda.
Ahhhh... thanks for the correction. I thought I had seen it somewhere, and thought twice about it after I said it. No, one or 2 shouldn't affect anyone, but you'd really be surprised at how many are affected by aspertame.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:34 PM   #5  

Thumbs up RE: Diet Coke

Hi Falon and Amanda!
Of course you're correct about how aspertame affects different people differently. I have lost 80 pounds in a years time. The key to everything, of course is moderation. The majority of your liquids should be water or no calorie, no artificially flavored drinks. Water is the only thing that comes to mind here. But sometimes you just need that little kick of taste and that's when the Diet Coke or Coke Zero is just enough. Another drink you might like is Diet Coke with Lime. That one is sweetened with Splenda too.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Shari
ShariFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:09 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Just remember to drink your water. You might also want to watch the soda's. I noticed when I drink soda I don't get my water in
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #7  
Susan hockeyfan7

I drank all the diet sodas, but I cut way back on the amount I used to drink.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote