Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #1  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Red face Hi, new here...

Hi everyone,

Going to start low carb eating again. I have tried before but can't seem to make through the first 2 weeks so I don't know if I can do it or am I just wasting my time trying. I want to lose about 30 pounds and I just can't seem to get the motivation to just do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Give it a try, it's worked great for me. Stay on the boards here and learn as much as you can learn. Everyone is really great and this support system is awesome. The first 2 weeks is the hardest, but the weight lost in that time is so encouraging that it kept me going. Before, I couldn't stick to any eating plan for more that a week, except the "all you can eat" plan. Good luck and let us know how we can help.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:05 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

I read the book and told myself I'd tried everything else (and it didn't work) so I'd give Atkins the 2 weeks (induction) and when it failed I'd just resign myself to being fat. Well, I'm still working on it, but I FEEL healthier and better about myself. I've lost half of what I want to lose and all in all I'm DEFINITELY sticking to low carb.
So my suggestion would be....give it 2 weeks (do it by the book. No cheating). Like you would anything else. What do you have to lose...except (you said) weight?? Stick around for support!!

Forgot to add
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:27 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WELCOME ~
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:00 AM   #5  

Welcome as everyone said! I understand the lack of motivation, but I find that the motivation is what will help you stay on any eating plan. Try and get into the mood of it before beginning. Tell yourself if you don't muster it up, you'll only be setting yourself up for failure. This is an easy way of eating, and being that you have done it before, you didn't stick it out long enough to find out.

I left Atkin's years ago, because I came to the conclusion that I was NOT a carb addict.. Hmmm.. if I had really paid attention that I had to make scones everyday, potatoes were a constant food source, and a cake was always under the lid of the cake platter, I might have gotten the clue. It wasn't until I stepped on the scale that I knew I had a problem. Everyone gets the clue-by-four upside the head.. when I got mine, I started the next day.

I wish you all the luck and motivation in the world. You have to remind yourself that you are worth the effort, and no one else is going to do this for you!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:37 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!

You've come to a great place for advice & support!

You CAN do this!

All the best to you!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Kim - You look great! you look like you've met your goal and then some! Do y ou have any before and after pics? I love to be motivated by them!
ps I used to live in NW Jersey (Hackettstown) and still have family in Lopatcong.
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Wink

Browneyedj, and give the plan a try. You'd be surprised how much better you will feel after you go thru the detox portion of this eating plan. I remember when I first went on this eating plan, I felt lousy for 3 months. Actually I have more energy then I know what to do with, so it'll get better. Have a great day, Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtolose4me2
Kim - You look great! you look like you've met your goal and then some! Do y ou have any before and after pics? I love to be motivated by them!
ps I used to live in NW Jersey (Hackettstown) and still have family in Lopatcong.
Thanks SO much for your kind words. I'm about 12-15 lbs from goal. Its SLOOOOOOOOOOW going but...I'll get there!

I am going to post some before & after photo's as soon as I can find the old photo's of me. I think I hid them somewhere out of embarrassment!!!

You used to live in Hackettstown! Wow, its a small world, I live in Succasunna!!!

BTW, you are doing great!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #10  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile Thank you !

Thank you for all your words of encouragement. I am going to start tomorrow (Saturday) and stick with it for the full 2 weeks this time. I want to lose the weight and I will ! I will let you guys know how it's going and I'll be around to get help and motivation. Again, thank you !
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:44 AM   #11  
Susan hockeyfan7

Welcome!

Try not to think of a 2 week period -- that may seem insurmountable.

Take it one meal at a time. Tell yourself you will eat breakfast the Atkins way today. After breakfast, tell yourself you will eat lunch. Then after lunch, do dinner. You will find you can easily handle one meal if you don't think too far ahead.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote