Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Back In Kindergarten #3

to BACK IN KINDERGARTEN

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways.... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten ~Jules

Pull up a chair and visit with us about our daily lives as well as share our struggles and victories with weight loss!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-11-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Hi again.

Lunch for me is pickled beets, cottage cheese and the albacore that I misplaced yesterday. I had whole wheat toast for breakfast, along with a banana. I had 3 cups of coffee.

My sister works in retail Deb , at Nordstrom now. She was with JCPenny's for a long time and with my brother in his business and back to the mall she went. I don't like the commercial part of the holidays. I hate the shopping during Christmas- just as soon park the car and not get out of bed....lol

Chatted with co workers and they gave me a pep talk on how to deal with control freak co worker.I feel better. I have a plan of attack!! lol

Anyway, upset about Becky and her ditching math. She can get tutoring in the morning *sigh. I told the VP that she has a lot of stress on her and he said that was no excuse. I didn't mean it as an excuse - she does have a lot of pressure on her. I am just trying to undertsand her and I do......lol - I just don't like the VP he is always excited and emotional...it is like bring it down some notches please......

anyway, people are backing up at the door - better get.....
Old 05-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Cristi -

I meant to say that I saw that tea on the site. Something like "lose 20 pounds in 3 weeks."

Personally I hope to lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks. Think that is reasonable??
Old 05-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Busy day...went to the mall (speaking of retail) trying to find something for V. I hate that I didn't put much thought into his gifts, sort of. Been on the computer for 2 days trying to find the right thing with no luck. So...I got him what he needs, clothes-what an anniversay gift. Oh well...forgot to mention what he told me yesterday. Okay, so, I have not had a pastrami sandwich the way they fix it in CA since leaving there. There was/is a place in Palmdale (where I lived last in CA) that had the BEST ones! OMG, to die for, seriously! The man actually called there looking for the place but they changed their name. So after several calls he called the chamber of commerce to see if the place (Pete's) was still there. Was told they are but changed their name. So he got their phone number and called them to see if they would sent some to KS! How sweet is that?! Even though I don't need it. Anyway, they said they couldn't do that. I told him, well, you could fly me there so I could get it, lol!

KATY...I don't think you are weird. I don't even like celebrating my BD or MD...anniversary yes, but the others, not really into. I don't like making a big deal about it and it's not because I am turning another year older. That doesn't bother me at all. Of course V is the same way but I always feel I have to make a big deal his BD & FD, same with the kids. And compliments are GREAT!

SHAWNA...hope the shrimp is good! DH & I love shrimp. I could probably sit down and eat a whole plate of it, or at least try.

GINNY...thank you for the BD card! That was sweet We had the rain and wind yesterday, another reason I dreaded going to Wal-Mart. I like the rain if I don't have to get out in it. And of course it cleared up in the afternoon.

JULES...Monday at IF there was a lady there on the elliptical when I got there...tanned for 15 mns. and then did the circle which takes 30 minutes and she was on there the whole time. I was dying just watching her! Of course after a while I know I will get used to it. You cook on Mothers Day?! It's supposed to be your day missy, you should have the kids and hubby cook for you. Have a nice lucnh with DD tomorrow.

DEBORAH...my son works in retail...not sure if it is different with guys. He complains when the holidays roll around but about the store and not so much him shopping. But I don't think you are a scrooge. I think everything has become so commercialized.

SUSAN...is Beck trying to follow in Rachels footsteps? Silly girl. I can only imagine the stress she is going through. Just don't let it get worse than skipping a class. Hope the tuna and beets were still good!

Okay, sorry to cut this short but I have to get going again. Will try to get on later but not sure if I will be able to. So have a good evening!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristi-

Promise I won't forget your birthday, just waiting for payday tomorrow - It has been a horrible week keeping soaps and litter in supply. I went out the other night and dug dirt for the pan - anyway, I don't use the litter pan, that is for the kitty -
Beck has been going through a hard time. Poor thing - she always disolves in tears at counseling. We really need to go and have fun!!! Too bogged down in all this crude
Beets and albacore were cans- so no problem there. I really need to drink more water. Vince is a lucky guy!!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-11-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Crisitina--There's a lady that come in the mornings to SNT I see her sometimes on Fridays--she does 20 minutes when she first gets there and then 20 more minutes after she does the circle. She does the elliptical at like 4-5 mile an hour too.
Doesn't seem fair that I do have to cook but it's what I do. BTW when is your bday??

Susan--I had a middle school VP that was harrassing DS until DH went in. All tattooed 6'2', 230 lbs of him. DS didn't get into trouble after that until high school. Then in HS I was on first name basis with the VP of discipline and son had the female VP of attendance charmed. Poor Beck. You all need to go do something fun!! Why don't you Beck and Gaby have a girls night--videos, doing your hair crazy, painting your nails, let her do your makeup--slumber party style--maybe even the Chrissy Snow clone friend can come too?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

My birthday is December 16, when is everyone elses??
Old 05-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #8  
Ginny

Hello ladies, I am here.. I did not float away.. but the greenhouses were literally shaking today in the wind. One lady comes in and says "oh how lovely, the baskets are dancing". she is a little wierd.. comes in all the time.. anyway we had a good day despite the weather.

Jules
it is so funny you mentioned I need yellow rain boots.. this morning ds #4 calls me and asked if I had any rain gear he could wear.. It was pouring most of the day... I didn't. The poor guys had to load about 6 trucks today not to mention people who picked up stuff.. so I sent ds#4 to town with a signed check. to buy rain gear for all the guys. So he comes back with the pants and hooded jackets for them all. So now they are all dressed in these yellow jackets, hoods and pants.. one of the guys said he felt like a fish stick.. they all said they looked like the Gordon fishermen on the packages of fish.... but they were dry all day.

Also, Jules, my dh has Belle's Palsy. He got it about 2 yrs ago in Nov. it has never gone away. His eye got a little better, he can wink and close it now, but it still is off a little and his mouth is still crooked.

Deb, I have been in retail all my life since I started working at 16. Now I own a retail garden center. I love the holidays. I am a holiday person. It was a lot of extra work I agree. I am not open for the holidays in the winter time. But Mother's day, and Memorial day are our bread winners.

Susan, your daughters are in the same situation I am then with siblings, etc.

I am so proud of myself.. the guys had a pizza at work last night. But I didn't eat one crumb. I came home and had my healthy supper instead. And today they sent out for Burger king whoppers. They smelled so good, but I had my veggie soup... I am so good.. I want this loss so bad....

Christina, I have to work on Mother's day. Every Sunday I am open noon to 5. I also have a plate of cookies from the bakery on the counter for people to enjoy while shopping. I am trying to think of something special for mom's this Sunday.. dh usually takes me out for supper though. You are welcome for the card. Thanks for mine for MD.

My b/day is Feb. 23

Ok. well hello to everyone.. I still have to do payroll and some filing but it is almost time for Smallville. Tonight is the season finale. I will ride my bike while I watch it, then come back down and finish my work. DH made supper tonight. We had shrimp. I just couldn't eat very much of it. I love it but my stomach must be shrinking.

Ok. later

Ginny
Old 05-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Ginny--my DH hasn't been feeling just right--nothing that he can pinpoint just an overall not feeling well--I know he's feeling bad when he tells me to make him an appointment for the DR--he is going for a complete physical next Friday and we will go from there. I really hope everythings alright. We've been together half my life and even though he drives me batty sometimes I wouldn't have it any other way.
It is too funny about the yellow boots..I could picture the Gorton Fisherman in my head while I was reading your post. Is it five sons that you have? I am soo proud of you on all your litle victories!! Keep it up!!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Smile

Hiya Chickies

JULES...that would literally kill me I think! But eventually I may be able to work up to 20 mns, lol! I know it will take me a while. My BD is Friday, May 12th, as is my anniversary. I did the dumbest thing by choosing my BD to get married on. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't. Thought it would make it more special, BD & Anniversary. We were supposed to go somewhere for the weekend but instead I told DH what I would really like is a bedroom makeover. And so that is how we will spend the weekend, painting our bedroom the green I wanted to begin with.

SUSAN...it is me who is the lucky one! You better NOT forget my birthday missy, lol! Kidding I am not big on the birthday anyway, not sure why. Beck is probably feeling left out and just needs some big hugs! Good deal about the beets and tuna. I was thinking you had them in plastic containers, lol! Man, that would make for a stinky car wouldn't it? I like beets but for the life of me can't remember the last time I had any. I tend to not buy stuff that only I like if no one else likes it. There are a few occasions though I have. I have to tell you, I sent you a little something for your desk or wherever you want to put it. Should be getting it soon, and look at the name on it-just a little something to brighten your day everyday!

GINNY...I'm picturing all the guys on yellow and yeppers, thinking of the Gorton's fishermen, lol! Glad you had a good day in spite of the weather. I know yesterday when I went to Wal-Mart, the rain didn't seem to stop anyone. All this talk of shrimp is making me hungry again! Just had two chicken legs for dinner, not very hungry.Not sure what we will do for Mothers Day. DH and I are going for lunch tomorrow and possibly to a movie. Going to working on the painting so who knows. Oh, almost forgot...WTG on your NSV!

Hi to everyone else!

Okay, gotta get going. My Name is Earl comes on at 7:40 and then The Office after and they are the season finale shows so don't want to miss them. Then at 9 I have to go pick Jason up from work. Don't think I mentioned, he quit his call center job and is now working at Target, his second night. The hours are perfect and won't mess with his school schedule and it's a lot closer to home. The other place was about 25-30 miles one way. And, not sure how much I will posting this weekend. I definitely will try to get on and at least say Hi. So take it easy ladies and have a wonderful evening!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #11  
One day at a time

JULES...I saw you had posted and wanted to say that I hope everything is fine with DH. I will keep him in my prayers. And you are right because my DH is the same way...it has to be something wrong for him to go to the doc too, men! And mine too drives me batty sometimes but wouldn't know what to do without him in my life. So (((((HUGS)))))) to you and him.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Cristina-The beer drinking game to Earl and the office begin again at my DS's apartment--I tell you his gf is a saint--she does not drink or smoke and she quietly picks up their mess when they leave--DS's friend that was home from Iraq on leave says he wants an Alicia too--DS told him there could never be anyone as perfect as her!!
I am sure DH will be fine I just hope he does any tests that they want him too and I will feel better when they are all done.

Happy Bday,anniversary & mother's day all rolled into one!!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

I am doing my laundry. oh joy.

Jules - Funny , it was Chrissy Snow that was hiding in the bathroom with Becky. She probably thought that was where math class was beig held - haha. We do need something fun to do! Love your idea's.

Ginny - I am invited to a family gathering this Saturday! The kids like me more now that I am not married to their father. lol His ex will be there with her husband. I think it will be nice to have a reunion!

Cristi - Thanks for the gift! Whatever it is - lol That is sweet of you. I never heard of My Name is Earl - what is it about??

Better get.,...have to take a girlfriend home of Becks - the one she pulled the fire alarm with....lol - cute kids. Hope we all survive these years.....
Old 05-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #14  
Ginny

HI again,
Susan you will survive, I am still finding out crazy things my boys did in high school that I never knew about..they never got caught and they all grew up to be fine young men... and no one was hurt.. so that is just life. The only one Rachel is really hurting, ( I know this hurts you emotionally etc.. but you know what I mean) is herself with her anger and attitude. She will see this when she is older, hopefully... and Beck, she needs lots of hugs and attention too. The good kind for no reason.. so she don't need to pull the stupid stuff for attention...but as I said, you will all survive...

Jules, yes I have 5 sons.

I have a co-worker, actually an employee story. Last Friday one of the gals took a phone call at work. It was a saleswoman trying to sell a handsfree phone system to us. An expensive system with a free 30 day trial. Well, this dingbat oks it and tells them yeah send it. We'll try it out.. it will be fun.. when I found out I was furious. She has no authority to accept any offers in the name of the business, she has no authority what so ever.. I told her she should not have done this and she just laughed and said, its just a 30 day free trial, you can always send it back... Well, it came today. NOt even sure how. IT was sitting on my porch floor when I got home from work. I have to return it now.. am not even opening it... but I am going to make her pay the costs of returning it. If she throws a fit about the money, I will take it out of her check next week... what do you think of this..?

Ok. well dh just went to bed. I am thinking of having a snack. Can't go to bed this hungry or won't sleep. Haven't been hungry in evening for a while. But couldn't eat much at supper. Think I'll have a small bowl of cereal. I already rode 7 miles on bike. I rode it for almost an hour while watching Smallville season final...

Then heading for bed... so catch ya in the morning. OH, yeah Susan I like tuna, been eating it for lunch a lot lately, and I like beets, had some for supper, but together, I don't think so.. but hey if it works for you. go for it

Ginny
Old 05-11-2006, 11:41 PM   #15  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default was lost lol

ok i was lost for a minute but i figured it out .......had a pretty good night at water aerobics, came home and made the shrimp........it was yummy, and a hit with the family.......but i have to get more next time, only 5 a piece and everybody wanted more! we had brown rice and green beans.....kayla my middle daughter who is 14 got a little frustrated today, she is overweight and is doing water aerobics with me and did not want to go today.....i said tough you're going, then she whined about not being able to eat anything not healthy anymore .......i told her, those things we have been eating have gotten us where we are today, we have a cheat day once a week to be able to eat things that arent so good for us, but not over board and we need to take that day soon......LOL!! She hung in there and went to class with me and told me she was glad she did. Well its almost midnight......gotta work in the am talk to yall soon.
Shawnaa
Closed Thread