South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:40 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Thursday Twitterings!

So as to avoid a debacle like yesterday (lots of sleepy chicks trying to wake up and start the daily before noon... ), I'm starting this before I go to bed!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! I'm having coffee with a dear friend, then doing a little shopping at Michael's (scrapbooking supplies) and Old Navy with coupons...and then off to couples therapy. Might grab lunch after therapy with DH, and then head home to frost my cake for class and write up some letters to send to local parishes. We're trying to start up a "Theology on Tap" group at church--it's a program for people in their 20s and 30s that meets at local bars to discuss church and life issues pertinent to young adults and young families. Our priest (who's very Irish) got permission to host at our local Irish pub. That would be so much fun!

Then I have cake decorating class...our last one. I haven't figured out to whom I'm giving this cake yet...yikes! I hope to run by the local farm supply to get squirrel repellent and seed starting trays on my way to class. If I have enough time, I'll also run by Sam's Club and get some of the staples we're running out of.

Busy day!

Hope everyone has fun and stays bright and OP!
Old 05-11-2006, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick Good Morning today. Another busy day is on tap. I made a 13 Bean Chili last night to put in the crockpot today, so supper will be ready when I get home tonight. We're finally going to get some much needed rain for the next few days, so I have to plan some indoor projects for the little ones. I do hope they're in a much better mood today. My stiff neck is still tender, but it feels much better than yesterday. Well, gotta run if I want to fit my Curves workout in.

Kelly J. ~ The PDA I have is a Sony Clie. I slowly learning how to work it!
Old 05-11-2006, 06:54 AM   #3  

Mornin' everyone. Haven't been able to get in here early for the past couple of days, and then time just seems to get away from me. Another busy day at work today. Trying to get everything wrapped up so that I can be gone tomorrow - have a funeral out of town for my aunt.

Okay, who watched American Idol last night? I'm still trying to pick up my jaw off the floor!

Beach - Definitely the way to get a thread started early is by posting the night before! I think your cake decorating class sounds like a lot of fun. I'd have to take it to work with me - no way I could have that cake sitting around the house.

Cottage - Have a great workout!

All you chickies have a great day!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

beachgal - wow sounds like you are a busy gal today. Make sure to take some time to rest...you are always going going going.

Well chickies sorry to be sporadic with my posting but my hours got changed for my at home job. I volunteered to be the 2 am to 10 am girl for more money and more work. Makes posting on here easier lol, especially when the thread is started the night before Eating went great for me yesterday. I got a run at the park in and then did 60 mins of yoga/pilates. I am feeling great about meeting my exercise goal. My water goal however is a diff story. I need to work on that. I can feel the water pudge starting to pile back on...Not much going on today, working till 10, get some sleep in then gotta do some cardio. I am super sore from my workouts yesterday. So much so in fact that todays strength training has been stricken from my list.

Whats new with you all? I feel like I have been away so long!

cottage - have fun at curves, wanna put in some workout time for me?

janam - Sorry to hear about your aunt, that is always hard. Wasn't Idol shocking last night?
Old 05-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks! Not much going on around here. Rainy day today.

Beachgal - we're just so lost without Ruth so thanks for starting us so early (late ) Enjoy your busy day.
Cottage - hope you enjoy your clie. I've a tungsten E and LOVE IT! Hope your neck feels better soon.
Jana - sorry to hear about your aunt.
Stephie - good to hear from you!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Good morning everyone.
Beach: LOL Hope you didn't stay up just to start our thread!! You sure do keep yourself busy. If you don't mind me asking, where are you in upstate NY? Interesting place for a couple's therapy group. Those irish beers should make it easier for everyone to share!!

Jana: IDOL!!! Goodness I think there was a loud "clunk" as everyone's jaw hit the floor. I was for sure thinking Katherine would be gone. So sad for Chris, however, he has accomplished enough. He will have a career. Remember the marine from a couple of years ago? He left early on and he's had 2 hits on the country charts.

Kelly, hasn't started raining here near Syracuse. I'm hoping it holds off until later in the day. Want to work outside a bit.

ME: I have lost 3 lbs and seem stuck there. I added 1 c of canteloupe last night and I seem to be okay this AM. Just discouraging. I don't know if that alcoholic drink last weekend did it or not. I am finding it much easier to stick to plan howerve. Anyone out there lose more in Phase 2 than 1??? HELP! I need some encouragement.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks, I haven't been on here as much. Been in a funk and eating and weight has been bad. I'm leaving today to CA for the rest of the month. I've decided to not let being out of town be an excuse for bad eating. I'm going to do a careful P2. Hopefully when I get back I can get back on track. I'll also keep up with my posting in here while I'm out there since it helps keep me accountable. Have a great day chicks!!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning chicks!! I am checking in even though I am not feeling very SBD happy right now. I think that the scale is not my friend, and maybe I need to find a new way to lose weight. I am just very discouraged.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #9  

AHOY THAR MATEYS!!!! Captain Schatizi here with her cup a "caffiend" droppin anchor on da beach! I think this is like the 10th day of RAIN!
Pearsydew: Have a wonderful time in CA! And you come back here darlin! We miss yer daily posts and updates on the Ratties

Smokepole: hmmm... weight loss slows fer me in a full blown phase 2...so, I eat one phase 2 item a day...I count calories too... and unfortunately it seems that I haveta stick to less than 1300 to budge that scale...

Kelly: I sure miss mother Ruthie tooo... I'm usually up real early, but this past week... I've been sleeping till bout 8 which is LATE fer me havin a bit of insomnia and end up tossin and turnin till 3.

Stephie: Welcome back hon!!! Yer doin great with all that exercising!!

Jana:
sorry to hear about yer aunt.... I missed AI last night, I was soooo sure it was gonna be (xxxx)! : WHAT A SHOCK!!! I'm a reality show junkie... hate to admit it but I am... I love Top Chef . the reunion fer that was one last night! Had to be one of the reunions ever!

Cottage: I don't know what I would do without my PDA! Mine is a Compaq Pocket PC... DH has the newest thingie that is a phone, has internet on it and , is a PDA I'm going a bit squirrly being in doors sooo much, but takin advantage of it... Today is a complete reorg and cleaning of the kitchen..

BG: yer like the night mod! swoopin in at 2 in the morn ... I sure sharpened my "merge" thread skills!!! How you can avoid eatin those purty decorated cakes is beyond me!

Barb/Kiko: I hope you gals are both safe from those tornados!

BB: How FABU on a Hawaian Cruise!!! You and Leo deserve it!!!! I would love to do an Alaskan and a Meditterean cruise... I hear ya on Portion Distortion! I gotta keep my scale handy cause I still cant seem to grasp this "1 serving" concept! to me 1 bowl full or 1 steak is a serving!

Lottie:
What a great idea about sprinklin some crystal lite in plain yogart...gotta try that one !

Alrighty time to git out my Swiffer! Smite some Dust Bunnies and refill my cawffeeeeeee!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:34 AM   #10  

Kyemom: hear ya about doing the scale cha cha... grrrrrr. Some thoughts... are you still getting at least 4 cups of veggies in? Are you sufferin from portion distortion (calories count regardless of the plan you follow..) ..Maybe track /log all your food intake to see if you can spot what's causing your stall? You might also be at a plateau --- seems like there are set points where yer body settles, and it needs a nudge or a few weeks to begin dropping again...
Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Hey...I just though of something reading Schatzi's response to Kyemom. Do you HAVE to eat everything??? I don't. I know I'm not getting all those veggies in. I work very hard at the water. I don't know what "water pouch" is. I'm not hungry. I seldom crave.

Schatzi....I hear you!! I'm just adding 1 c of canteloupe for the rest of the week. Recently I kept track of my calories. I maintained at 1300-1400. That's why I thought SB might work. Give up the carbs. Dr. recommended.

This weight loss journey can be a trial.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #12  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

kyemom: You've probably hit a plateau and you'll find that no matter what plan your doing. Stick it out and good luck to you!

ME: Well, today, bf is FINALLY off! It's been weeks since we went out (which is good for my diet, but not so good for me being so lonely!) He's been working 6-7 days a week 3-11 so I never see him. Today we're going to Fridays and I"m getting sirloin steak and mixed veggies. I don't eat red meat very often at all but I eat SO MUCH CHICKEN in the house that when I go out I figure I should have something different so I don't get bored!

Alicia
Old 05-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Ok yeah. I can't believe Idol. I demand a recount! My coworker called me about it cuz he was in such shock too. Really what is this world coming to when the cute talent gets booted. Crazy Americans! hehehe

I made the crock pot pulled bbq pork yesterday. Pretty good! Today I'm going to make the simply roasted pork and some chicken fingers. I also have to get my booty moving and do laundry. My closet floor is a pile of clothing. Oops. And I hope to get some exercise in: I'm a major slacker. Last night I finally got to go to my fav local hang out. I've realized that I really have a horrid schedule; the bartender says to me "Haven't seen you in awhile." That's pretty sad. Altho I guess it'd be worse if she didn't recognize me. I can't wait for my schedule to actually be condusive to me having some semblance of a life.

Kyemom - are you maybe having some hidden sugar issues? like from dressings on a salad. what about salt or something to make you retain water? have you been eating consistantly, like eating the 3 meals and snacks? It can be very discouraging when you don't see the scale move the way you want. But how do you feel? Clothes feel different? I hope you don't let this stop you. Schatzi has some great points too. *hugs*

Schatzi - Been meaning to ask you this, what's the monster in you avatar? He/She is so cute. hehehe

All: Have a great Thursday!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #14  
Kyemom

I eat a ton of veggies..I think a lot of my problem is drinking water. I do really good with it for a few days, but I just hate the "taste" of it. I have tried it cold, room temp, warm, with lemon...te only way I like it is with Crystal light, but since ya'll said that that does not count...I can't count it. I eat totally op, on not too much...most time probably not enough! I would not think that I would stall in Phase 1...I did so great before when I was on it...I just don't know!!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #15  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

KYEMOM: "I eat totally op, on not too much...most time probably not enough!"

Maybe this is your problem.....do you use fitday? are you eating at least 12-1300 cals a day? If not your body may be holding on to calories because it's not getting enough...??? Just an option. My bf has been eating only one meal a day for awhile now, he hadn't lost a POUND the entire time (months!) and then he had af uneral and he ate the whole time he was down home, came home and lost 5 lbs.

Also, not drinking enough water makes you retain, as I'm sure you know so that could be it as well.
Closed Thread