Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #153

Rain, rain - go away! I'd like to see ONE sunny day. Looks like rain is here to stay. We've had rain most of May ... and I for one am here to say ... I'm tired of it. I'm beginning to shrivel up. SEE!

That was a long trip last weekend ... suprised I can still move like that!

Happy BD Tammy ... hope it was a good one.

Hope the baby is OK Mima. Have to run, it's time to start teaching. Have a good day all.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/290/155

Height: 5'5"

Default Abilify

Abilify..........Anybody heard of it? Anybody use it? Thanks.
missmuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #3  

Hi ... you can find some info on Abilify here:

http://www.abilify.com

http://www.fda.gov/cder/consumerinfo...fo/abilify.htm

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/abi1653.htm

There is a lot more information out there and this is by no means all of it but hope this helps some.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:55 PM   #4  

Default Hey There

Meme-Just reading the side effects of Abilify says DON'T TRY IT.Send me your rain. We had a short 1/2 hour shower last night. It has been 27 days since the last short shower. My daughter called and said she saw on the weather station we were the dryest in the state.
Mima- I mentioned to my hubby that I needed a vacumn like yours. He said "the one we have still works."So I guess I will just have to wait or brake this one.I had a neighbor once who used to take her shoes out on the sidewalk and scrap them ,to ruin them ,so she could get new ones.. I don't think I would go that far..I just go shopping without him.
Tammy- Just a couple more weeks.. When my hubby retired he took all his things out of the class room and gave them to our daughter. She shared them with her fellow teachers.
Candice.. I wish I had good soil so I could grow nice flowers. We live a mile from the Gulf of Mexico and have sugar sandy soil. I have to just pour the plant food and soil in order to get anything nice.
Hello Happy
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #5  

I've never heard of Abilify.

I ended up being a bum last night. Came home from school, ate supper, decided to take a nap. Woke up about 7:30. At 8:00, Bob asked if I had aerobics on Monday nights. I totally forgot about it! I can't believe how forgetful I am at times. I have calendars in a zillion places to help me remember things.

We had our field trip today. It was very nice. Went to a museum near here. Lots of information about the area. They had a booklet for the kids to do a scavenger hunt by finding information about the different displays. It was fun! My back gave out quickly. Faster than I expected since I've been doing the therapy.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:01 AM   #6  

Good morning-thanks for starting a new post. We have a lot of rain here-Al said it sprinkled in Ft Myers-called her on her 16th bd, We were so upset when she was born-the spina bifida was a complete surprise because they never did the test-and she is a joy to everyone she meets. Sure makes you a believer of how God works for the good. Jessica is supposed to go for her license today but driving instr. hadn't called. I wish I had hired someone else. I am not sure she is ready anyways.
Supposed to drive to Worc today to lunch with friends. Retired teachers-now go out at lunchtime. That's what we are coming to.
Went to prayed meeting at Brad's church-some lady came in and said there was a suicidal teenager that they couldn't find. Good thing she came because she was advised to get the police involved, And then we prayed like crazy. sad sad. Kids with no hope, So much good you do with those kids, Tammy.
Angela is supposed to be induced Friday-same hospital where I was born. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #7  

Happy Birthday, Tammy. Hope you had a good one.

Hope you are all feeling well. I am tired, but I did want to share this with you.

http://www.marycy.org/prayer.html
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:50 AM   #8  

Oh Anne, that was so beautiful -I sent it to 3 other people. Thanks
No baby-they are going to induce her on Monday. But doc thinks she will go before then. It's very hard having contractions all the time. She sent Debbie to her sister's, thinking she was going to hospital and now Debbie is upset. I wouldn't have done it that way but....... she didn;t want her bounced around.
Jessica didn't get her license so we can all breathe a sigh of relief, He said she needs to practice her turns. Poor kid, she has not had anyone to helo her practice. I had a neighbor that taught my 2 younger kids to drive, I so appreciate him. Course I let them drive my car too.
Funeral today. Brad has a doc's appt so I will meet him there. It's so hard when someone dies suddenly.
Had lunch with teacher friends-drove 45 min each way-not too bad. But I won't go every month like they do.
Bye for now Mima still rainy and cold and I HURT!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #9  

Default Hey There

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!
Hello Everybody..
Tops meeting today. I am over my goal,so I have to face the music.. I have been avoiding the scale the last few meeting and that has not helped me..I haven't been eating all that bad,but, just a little here and there has added up. It is looking like rain but it is all above us. We are hoping it will drop southward.
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:45 AM   #10  

How about 10 days of rain. I am trying to get positive-we are also in a drought but not like FL. We also will find out if our cellar still leaks before we put the apt. in-We had gutters put on.
I am not hurting as much-it was from gardening but it's mostly done.
Good day for movies!!!!
Going to Savation Army to drop off clothes.
No baby!!
I am 6 pounds over my goal and I can go to WW for free because my insurance will pay 150. I have a problem because I can't eat most things-actually that is an excuse. My clothes don't fit me right now!! That is some that I like.
Bye for now Mima
Old 05-12-2006, 07:10 AM   #11  

Rain here as well and chilly! Biofeedback going well..but she couldn't believe what I did to my face..light makeup couldn't hide it..I got a lot of stares in the stores too! Haven't been anywhere since it happened...still pretty painful, hard to touch my face.

Meme you sure could scare a hungry bulldog off a meat truck dancing in that bikini
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #12  

Yep ... scares me, too ... I try not to think about it. Like you said in your email ... that's what I'm gonna look like if I don't get some of this winter weight off! I keep thinking about the belly button woman ... now THAT'S scary! What got me was her arms and legs were so little but the rest of her ... YIKES! I've gained too much over the last few months ... gotta get it off. I've stopped eating sweets for a while and stopped my night eating. I refuse to diet. We'll see. I need to get off 10 - 15 pounds by August 12th. I have to sing at my cousin's daughter's wedding in NC. It's going to be fuchsia and black. I found a fuchsia (at least I hope it's fuchsia) dress Wednesday and bought it. It's a size 10 and a little tight in the butt. So ... gotta lose a little weight before the wedding. If I don't ... I may wind up having to wear black!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #13  

Hello.

Mima - you are having a lot of rain I guess. Not so here. It is pretty dry. I wish it would rain, so the stuff in the air would settle down and these darn allergies would take a hike.

Joanne - You WANT rain. Make a deal with Mima lol

Candice - you must have done a real number of your face. Hope it starts to heal for you.

Meme - Did you get rid of the rain now? If not, you can send it to Joanne.

Not much happening. My job is finished in June. Don't know if I can find something else I CAN do. I will be casual at the current job if I want to be. I work a week in July. Things change, people leave and life goes on.

Hope you all are having a great day.

Tammy - where are you? Hope you are ok.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #14  

Thanks for all of the birthday greetings! Busy week. The auction was Thursday, so I was at the old house all day yesterday. I was pretty pooed out this morning, but I went to school anyway. The auction started at 3:00. At 9:00, Bob sent me home. All of our things were sold and they were selling the stuff for the other family. I came home and went to bed. We did very well on the auction. Over $2,000. Much better than I expected.

We've had rain too. It sprinkled some during the auction, but not enough to bother anyone.

I graded some papers tonight so I don't have to spend all weekend doing that. Class at the Y in the morning.

Is anyone taking Cymbalta? I just started on that to help with the pain.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:28 AM   #15  

Tammy ... while I don't take Cymbalta I have heard it is hard to get off of it. So don't just stop taking it. You have to stop gradually over a period of several weeks. Be sure to discuss this with your doctor! I've also heard it causes you to lose your appetite ... some women to the point of anorexia! Good luck with that!

Went for an eye exam today finally. Not a good experience. Had the gamut! I was in there for nearly 2 1/2 hrs.They did about everything that could be done. Put in some kind of drops before they even did the eye exam, did the exam, dilated my eyes, did the glaucoma "puff-of-air" test. Then he still wasn't satisfied with that and took pictures of the back of my eye. He thinks I may have the onset of glaucoma. But then he found out I've been severly anemic all my life and said it could just be that has caused the abnormal curve he's seeing. I have to go back in 6 months and have another picture made and have them compared. If it's worse then it's probably glaucoma. So ... won't know until then. Waiting will be the hard part! We went out for dinner tonight ... while we were standing there waiting for our table, and for our friends to arrive, I looked up at hubby and said, "are we going to worry about me going blind?" He looked down at me, smiled, and said, "not for at least 6 months!"