Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 09:29 AM   #1  

Default May 7-May 13

Hi all!! I don't think there was a new thread started for this week. So here we go
Old 05-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #2  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Hi, everyone! Here's wishing everyone a great week!

I just reported on the weigh-in thread that I had a 2 pound gain this week. Ugh. But I looked back at what I did wrong and am going to try to fix it this week. See, in all the past weeks OP, I had two built-in carefree days when I tried to be sensible but didn't count points. And I still lost.

So I'm thinking that there must have been some other things going on that caused the gain this week, since I didn't have more on those two days than I had been having. So here goes:

* Eating too much bread, even though I'm staying within my points for the day

* Drinking diet soda and not enough water

* Forcing in a snack at the end of the night even when I'm not really hungry

* Perhaps putting too much faith in my ability to "eye" portion size

* Went back to putting extra sugar in my coffee

* Indulged a little bit an extra day.

Now that I think about it, I think that the little things like above are more detrimental to my progress than the occasional big meal. Something for me to think on, I suppose.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #3  

Sorry to hear you gained Maggie. I am sure I did too. But you were able to look at your week and see where you can make changes, Great Job!!!!

Seems like there are a few of us feeling Blah these days. I am in such a junky mood. I can't seem to get it together. I can white knuckle my way through Wednesday and Thursday. Then Friday I fall apart. By Sunday there is no way to save the week. I am angry. Not just with the whole weightloss thing, with everything. I found myself screaming swear words at a bunch of coat hangers b/c they fell off the bar right after I had just hung them all back up. WTF?! I think I am crazy LOL.

My sister is going to try to have gastric bypass. She has PCOS and IR. SHe tried a strict program with her doctor, that involved shots, pills, strict diets, whey protien shakes. All of which was paid out of pocket. She's had blood work, saliva tests. Her hormones are all out of whack and the last resort her doctor has to offer is fasting. She can't do it anymore. After a great deal of research she is going forward with surgery. I understand, though it's not for everyone I feel she's done everything except that. What are her options, you know? She did the diet, it worked until she had a major shift in hormonal levels. And here I am. I have a "normal" body. I have the chance to do this. It works when I do the program. Why can't I get it together?

Sometimes I feel like eating is the only thing I do control in my life. DH chooses to live here so we do. Even if I wanted tow ork I have no career choices. The area is so small, DH gripes about the gas it would take for me to go work part time. I feel I have no control in my life. The kids occupy my entire life. WW is my only away time. Food is the only thing I do just for me. I mean even know while I type I am helping DD with her leap pad, holding DS and trying to keep him happy. I don't know. I am so sad and angry right now. I really have nothing to be sad or angry about. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Sorry this is so grumpy. Nobody will talk to me here. DH says I just need to chill out and stop being such a B*$CH and everyone will be happier so I will be happier. Well. I am off to clean up. Today is my last day off before I have to start babysitting again. I am a little resentful about that too. The lady I watch kdis for is going to work half days this week, so she can come home in teh atfernoons and get her house ready for sale, and do yard work while I wtach the kids at her house. I get that she pays me and all that, but I don't get to do yard work alone, I have to juggle 2-4 kids. I'd rather not get paid and have half days clean my own yard.

DS is getting ansty. SO have a great day all!!!! I am sure once I have the house cleaned today I will feel better
Old 05-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #4  
Alis volat propiis

Aw, Misty, you're in such a tough spot. You really are.

Have you ever considered doing some barter babysitting with any of the mothers who pay you to watch their kids? I don't know numbers, of course, but just as an example: If you watch Kid A for 40 hours a week, how about conintuing to do that but charging the mom for 38 and then having her watch yours one evening a week for 2 hours, or two evenings a week for 1 hour each. Then maybe you and DH could take a ride or a walk or just spend a quite night at home for a change. Or if he's not into doing anything, you could go to the library or just browsing somewhere or even take in a second WW meeting for the week; it costs nothing if you don't weigh in, and it would help reinforce your weigh loss efforts. ****, maybe even just use the time to take a leisurely bath or read or paint your toenails. You sooo have to take care of yourself, sweetie. You deserve it -- and you need it!

And you mentioned that food is the only thing you do just for you. That's not true -- taking care of your body is also something you do just for you. So since food is one of the only things you can control in your life, focus on actually controlling it and not allowing it to control you. If food is the only thing you can control, don't give up that control to cravings or mindless eating! Then you not only control your food, you control your health and appearance as well. Those things ARE in your control.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Maggie, those are great words about controlling food and not allowing it to be in control. Words to live by.

I was reading through Misty's post and I know in some way how she feels about not being in control of life. Right now I feel like that as well. I have to work because we are huge in debt and I hate my job. We moved at the end of October and it has been really hard to get used to a new town, I still don't feel comfortable here and so far I haven't met anyone that I can see being a close friend. Considering that the population is about 40-50% overweight, none of them live in this neighbourhood. They are all skinny pretty moms. We changed my sons daycare from full-time to part-time so that when I am home, he is home. I have 2 1/2 hours of free time weekday afternoons while he is in kindergarten, that is if I haven't worked the night before and I'm still trying to get some sleep. Oh yeah, I work night shifts too so I am fatigued all the time and don't feel like exercising.

Sorry I didn't really mean to vent, b!tch, whine or moan but trying to cope with my weight on top of everything else seems like just too much. I am a little envious of Misty's sister for going for the surgery. Another woman I know had it done and has lost about 60 lbs so far (in 2 months) and soon she'll be at about my weight and will keep on losing. At present I am starting to lose faith that I am going to lose anything. I had a really good outlook earlier in March and then I had a stomach virus which derailed me. I'm sick now too and can't seem to shake it.

Okay I"m going to get up and try and shake off this gloom, maybe if I go outside and get some sun and move around a little that will help.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #6  

Hi all!

Ok so I cleaned up the house, unloaded all DH's crap from home depot (including a counter top) from the van, loaded up the kids and we went to town. I took money out of the bank that I probably could have spent elsewhere and went to the dollar store (since it is about the only store in town, unless I go to Olean which is an hour away). I got a few things that I have put off buying, like a box for DD Barbies (a newly aquired toy, along with all my old Barbie stuff), four small boxes with lids to sort her harties into so I don't have to rummage through a big formula can, and a few odds and ends.

We did eat at and now feel like crap for it. But just getting out made me feel better.

Maggie you are right. I am really not controlling the food. I try to tell myself I am but I am not. The lady I watch kids for has offered to watch my kids, but I don't want to impose. She works all day, comes home to a husband who is a great guy, but like mine to much help. Plus, frankly I don't know if she could handle 4 kids. Thank you for all your kind words. I really needed them!!!

Jen- I know how hard the moviong process was for you. And your job would take a toll on a single person let alone someone who has a husband and child. I know what you mean about being jealous of someone having surgery. For my sister it will probably be 100% paid for as she exceeds the ins. requirments. But it's painful. For her it's worth it, she's endured a year of testing, 6 months of non stop period, pretty much limited to lettuce and chicken, and whey proten shakes as the doctor took away all grain, fruit, and for two weeks all animal products. Plus, shots, pills, weekly doctor visits. But I totally know how you feel. Soon she will be the thin one. It's frustrating.

Well the lady I watch kids for is on the phone so I have to run. Have a great day all.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #7  

I just wanted to add that I have nothing to add that hasn't already been added

lol

I'm thinking about you all though.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #8  
Alis volat propiis

Great to see you, Steph!

Misty, I say if that woman has offered to take care of your kids once in a while, you should take her up on it. You NEED you time. It doesn't even have to be every week. Just try to get a couple of hours for yourself once or twice a month.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:53 AM   #9  

Steph you crack me up

I am feeling a bit better. I dragged my butt out of bed at 5:18 am. I did 30 minutes of pilates and walked to the Station and back in 30 minutes. I am grumpy that I have to get up at dawn to fit in my exercise, but what can I do you know. Maybe if I can get in the habit of it it won't be so bad. There was a time when 6:45 was sleeping in for me.

Well, I guess I better get going. I have to babysit today. I have WW tonight. Home scale says 213. I was 211 at WW two weeks ago.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #10  

Stupid Scales anyways!!!!!! lol!
Let us know how your meeting goes!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #11  
Alis volat propiis

God, I am blowing it big time. I had that gain this week, and both Monday and Tuesday I overdid it. Just by a few points on Monday, I think, but I stopped counting yesterday. LC pizza for dinner, a ton of pumpkin seeds, a Milky Way bar. How can it be that I was doing so well and now all of a sudden, I'm out of control again?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #12  

Maggie I know what you mean. My only advice is to try to get through just today, like you told me to last week. Just try to make it trhough today on points. Don't think about tomarrow, just today, not yesterday or Monday. You can do this!

I have an awful headache yesterday. I left work early and spent the entire evening on the couch. I forced myself to eat a bit. Needless to say I didn't go to my meeting. I could barley drive home from babysitting and it's 1/4 of a mile. So I stayed on point yesterday.

I got up and walked 30 minutes again today It was hard but I did it. I think I will probablyw alk tonight as well. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 AM   #13  
Alis volat propiis

I did it! I got ONE DAY back OP. That waas yesterday. Now I just have to do it again today! Have a great one, everybody!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #14  

YAY Maggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #15  
Alis volat propiis

Why, thank you, little lady. Thankya very much (trying to sound like Elvis here.)

I have a question: How do you all feel about those Crystal Light packets that you add to water? They've been helping me drink more because it's less boring. Like yesterday, I drank 60 ounces of plain water and 70 with Crystal Light.

Do you think there's any problem or potential problem with doing that? I don't think so. It's 0 points, and the sweetener in it is proven to be safe. There's no caffeine or carbonation. Do you think it reacts with your body any differently than regular water? Just curious.
Closed Thread