Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #1  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Default have questions about advocare

I have decided to join a gym, it will take some strength to get my bottom out of bed earlier in the morning, but I know I can do it. At this gym the Gal was telling me about their Advocare products. I got to try one of their energy drinks and it was pretty good, I dont know if it really increased my energy but I think it put me in a way better mood. It lasted quite a while and I had no crash afterwards.

She was also talking about this cleanser That helps clean out some of the "bad stuff" in your body. I know I have read about it in a thread before, but I was wondering if anywone has ever tried it before. would it be worth it? I smoke (I know it is bad, you don't have to tell me)and she said while taking it the smokes won't even taste good, and she has had a couple clients quit smoking it while taking it.

Just looking for some insite, if I should bother with it or not, I have been stuck at 164 for 2 weeks now, so I think the gym might kick the weight loss back into gear, but you know, curiosity about advocare is killing me, and she is only going to tell me what she needs to to sell it.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2006, 12:43 AM   #2  
it's always something

Hi

Personally, I would recommend avoiding the 'cleanser'. Those types of product have been widely advertised but are also known as the biggest scam lately. We don't really have the 'bad stuff' that they claim, it's just a sales tactice. All of the major medical resources say it isn't necessary.

I think joining a gym is a great idea, and the increased exercise should do the trick in getting your weight loss back on track But the Advocare products are overpriced MLM products (they push the products because of the high profits) and you won't get the benefit that you'll be paying for. The advocare energy drink is just a vitamin mixture with caffeine. As long as you eat a balanced diet, then the only thing you may need to consider is an inexpensive multi-vitamin that you cah buy at any drugstore.

Good luck with your new gym!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:27 AM   #3  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

I agree with Susan...don't waste your money (and it's lots of it)! It is a MLM scheme, don't buy into it.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:03 AM   #4  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Thank you, I already knew what you told me, but I think I just needed someone to tell me it again. a reasurrance think. I don't know, but you did help me make the decision. I am going to save that money for new clothes. I am going on my lunch today to sign up and give them the check for the membership to the gym, so there is no turning back now. ha-ha!

Thank you for your support.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I looked at their ingredients and it doesn't seem much different from other diet pills or cleansing/detox methods. I've started using psyllium husk powder ($3 dollars for a canister, 100 servings) in the morning and I like it a lot. I was looking at cleansing/detox products, some of which cost nearly $100 dollars and their main ingredient? Inexpensive psyllium husk powder. It looks like advocare uses psyllium husk powder as well.

If you are interested in detox/cleansing, there are well known products that will help assist your body. I wouldn't really call it detox or cleansing but rather just giving your body a bit of assistance. Added fiber such as flax seed, oat bran and psyllium husk will not only help keep you regular but fiber is filling and will serve as an appetite suppresant. All products you can find at your local health food store, GNC or even drug store.
Closed Thread