Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 06:29 PM   #1  
Kool Kat

Default 20-somethings #2

Ok, to start off... Here's my "21-st birthday getting ready to party" picture!!
Old 11-04-2001, 01:46 PM   #2  
Kool Kat

Where have we all gone?! I need support here!

I think I got everyone onboard this diet thing that I need to have with me... the people I usually eat with, which only includes my mom and my boyfriend. So I think this will help me out tremendously.

Now I just need my support back from here!! Please Come Back!!

Seren
Old 11-05-2001, 09:59 PM   #3  

Hey girl, keep up the good work. I haven't been here in a bit, I'm afraid I've been a bit of a diet flunk out and have lost some of my motivation. Life and work has been stressfull extrordinaire and I can't seem to keep the movitation. I'm going to get myself back on track though, I have gained 4 lbs back in the past 2 months, which I guess isn't too bad cause I've been eating like a crazy stressed woman. . but I'm going to get back on track. Tomorrow its back to the gym and I've had my junkfood fun some its time to end my salad strike. . its onward and downward again, I want to hit my goal weight by Christmas .
Old 11-08-2001, 08:33 PM   #4  

Angry hope you're doing ok

Seren - I am sorry to see that no one has been around all week for you. During the week my days are more hectic and I don't always get to read the posts, or reply. Weekends have been better for that lately. I hope you are still doing well. I know it is tough when you are looking for support and can't find it, but I do hope you did find it somewhere. Please feel free to email me anytime, I am more likely to respond to emails daily.

Melissa
Old 11-08-2001, 11:29 PM   #5  

Angry Hey chicas.

Hey,

Ok, why is this called 20-somethings #2? No matter. I don't now when I'm going to be able to weigh myself again. My boyfriend of 1 yr. and 2 months broke up with me Monday and I weighed myself at his place. Of course that's one the last things that occurred to me. I've lost my appetite, so that should help the diet. :-( I'm just glad I'm not binging instead, though I don't think either is healthy. I want to wish everyone good luck and say that if yall ever need some peptalk or just conversation, you can email or instant message me. They're in my profile.

~Allen
Old 11-09-2001, 06:53 AM   #6  
Kool Kat

Hey, everyone. First of all, the #2 is because the 1st one got sorta long. Eventually, there'll be a #3 (hopefully!)

Things have not been going well for me. I'll do really well for breakfast and lunch, but when I get home, it's usually downhill from there. Its getting very sad. I don't have any clothes, but I refuse to buy the next size!! I guess I just really need to get my act together when it comes to this. I really want this, but it's just not working anymore. I'm trying to stick to the weight watchers thing again. They say that their meetings help alot... and they do. But who has $10 a week?!! Im a poor college student!! Seriously!

Ok, that's all for now.

Seren
Old 11-10-2001, 11:32 AM   #7  

Angry check out online

I a doing WW and attend the meetings. I had signed up for online but found that much of the information I received from the meetings. Maybe joining online would help you. It is 12? for the month insted of weekly meetings and it has some really great info. I don't know if that is what you are looking for. I find that I really like th support that comes from the people at my meeting, including my leader. That is a choice you need to make. The money does make a big decision for you. I wish you the best of luck and please feel free to chat anytime or email me.

Melissa
Old 11-15-2001, 07:00 AM   #8  
Kool Kat

where'd everyone go?

I've been doing well recently... excluding last night. My boyfriend brought pizza home (he works at pizza hut). Then he told me that he's been doing well on his diet (when asked what he had for lunch, he was proud to say... chicken wings*big grin*... that's good, huh?!) Yeah, whatever!! Anyway, so he tells me not to eat it cause it's not healthy and I've been doing good on my diet.

Ok, here's a piece of advice for all the guys... don't put a pizza in front of a chick who has eaten a bowl of cereal and a bag of no-taste low-fat popcorn all day... especially during the T.O.M. and then expect us not to eat it!!! (I'm just sayin!)

Ok, so that's mine for now. I'm back on though. I've got cold pizza in the 'fridge. That would have made a great breakfast!
But I did good! *Yay for me!* *pat on the back!*

OK! Let me hear from y'all so I'm not talking to myself here!!

Seren
Old 11-17-2001, 11:50 AM   #9  
Kool Kat

hello? Where have we gone? Hey, at www.lanebryant.com there is a virtual model. I made one for me now and for me at goal... since lane bryant only goes from 14-up, they told me they couldn't create my model cause I wasn't a size 14. I just thought that was funny! So, I put her at 145, which they must think is a 14. anyway, I've had more fun with that one than mine, of course

I've been doing pretty well these past few days... but support would sure help even more... *cough, sniff*

Ok, I really hope to hear from y'all!!

Seren
Old 11-17-2001, 12:15 PM   #10  

Angry glad to hear your well

Seren - I understand the problem with the pizza. What a killer. I must say that Ican understand it. I went out last night with the best of intentions, but I went to Friday's and ended up eating a plate of chicken quesadillas and an ultimate drink. I prolly shouldn't have, but oh well. I am going out again tonight and I don't know how I will do then either.

I am sorry to hear that you have been talking to youself on the boards. I just don't have the time to post much anymore during the week. With this shortened week due to to the holiday, I should be on more.

I am a bit noervous about the holiday weekend. I am planning now what I want to eat on thanksgiving, but I don't know if I will stick to it. I had a .5 gain this week, so it now has me at 1# away from 50. I am hoping that at my meeting on wed that I will be down 1 so I will be at 50. That might help me make it through the day a bit better.

I hope everyone else has luck this coming thanksgiving.
Melissa
Old 11-17-2001, 10:43 PM   #11  

Default Breakin' up is hard to do, but it sure help you lose weight.

Hi ladies,

Just thought I'd check in. Well, on my last post I said that my boyfriend broke up with me and that I had no appetite. We'll I saw him today, and things are better between us. I used his scale, and guess what. I'm down to 205.5, that's 7 lbs. I had always picked at him, saying he should break up with me so I could lose some weight, well...he did and I did. Now that we're kinda dating again, I hope I don't gain it right back. Wish me luck.

~Allen
Old 11-20-2001, 10:27 AM   #12  

Hi all, sorry haven't posted in forever. . . I kind of lost my motivation for this dieting stuff. . stress won over and the rest all just fell apart. But. . I'm back on track now. I gained back approx. 4 lbs which is the first time since I started this dieting that I had a gain. Its been 2 months in the making so I guess 2 pounds/month isn't too bad. . and I totally was not even close to dieting. . it was a free for all. . Halloween I worked and ate nothing but chocolate/cookies and donuts. . but darn it was good But no more of that. .reality has creeped back into my life and I'm back on track. I bought myself the Tae Bo tapes and have been working out at home every day (well since Friday) and have been staying within my point values. . I know have about 14 lbs till goal, so here's hoping I can get a little closer by Christmas and hopefully be there by New Years

Have a good day all!!
Old 11-24-2001, 09:22 AM   #13  
Kool Kat

Ok, so thanksgiving is over. How'd we all do? I sorta let go that day, but I think that's allowed, and I think I could have done worse. Last night I went out to dinner and a movie with my boyfriend, so that wasn't that great either, but oh well. Today is a new day, right?

So, I need everyone back in here asap to *finish what we started!!*

Talk to y'all later!!

Seren
Old 12-03-2001, 09:57 PM   #14  

Angry

Hey,

Well since no one else is going to leave a message I guess I will. Thanksgiving wasn't so bad. I was at home so there was nothing to do. I did eat more, but I tried not to overdo it. Now that I am back on campus things would be easier buy my roomate unplugged my refridgerator so the few diet things I had are spoiled. Also since I'm not with my ex anymore he doesn't provide transport to the grocery store and food on campus is not healthy unless you want to eat salad everyday. But I'm doing the best I can and it seems like he and I may get back together. It can't make my dieting any worse. Wish me luck because the fast food is tempting.

~Allen
Old 12-04-2001, 06:41 AM   #15  
Kool Kat

I really need some support right now. Just getting dressed in the morning or stepping on the scale can almost bring me to tears. I haven't budged at all!!

I'm hoping that with the end of the semester, I will be able to get things back together. The holidays are just not the best time to get back on the wagon, so to speak, but I'm not waiting til afterwards, when I'll have even more weight to start with.

Another day, Another diet. God, please let it work this time!!

Seren
Closed Thread