Old 05-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #1  

Default Help needed!!!!!!!!

I have stopped going to LA. My doctor does not want me to take the supplements anymore, my blood pressure is up. I just bought 3 new bottles of supplements $137.00. I also cannot take my bars anymore. I paid 14.50 a box for them and I have 38 boxes left. I can choose any flavor I want. If anyone would be interested in buying these things please let me know. I will be selling them really cheap. I called LA, they won't take them back and they told me that I couldn't sell them on e-bay or anywhere else, they have been checking. I could get in alot of trouble from LA if they caught me. My husband left last year after 21 years and I really need the money. Maybe if someone wants these I could say I gave them to you. If you are interested let me know. Thanks everyone for your help and support.
bkstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #2  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

ok, you're being bullied. You can sell that stuff on ebay UNLESS you work there. It is done every day of the week. You paid for it...they can't tell you what to do with something YOU OWN.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #3  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

Hi

Gads, sorry about your situation, but what makes you think that you can't sell YOUR bars on ebay? You bought them, right? As far as I'm concerned and e-bay, you can certainly sell them there! I found a ton of people selling them! At last check there were 171 people on ebay selling the LA Weight Loss Bars. I wouldn't worry at all about putting them on ebay. You may want to put them on there just as soon as you can in order to stay within the expiration date.

Tell LA weight loss to suck it up!

Best, Kitty
chaoskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I think that with a Dr note that you cannot take their stuff, they shoud HAVE to give you a refund. I would insist that they do, and tell them that if not, you WILL get a lawyer and call the BBB. Ask for the phone number of the District manager. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so if I were you, I would get mad, get naughty with them, and MAKE them do the right thing!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #5  
Bring sexy back

The BBB...it strikes fear in the hearts of businesses...
Old 05-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #6  
Bring sexy back

And tell them all the stress isn't helping the hbp, either!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #7  

The girl at LA told me they are checking on E-bay and pulling up customers who are selling their bars, and they are getting in trouble. I don't have the bars yet, I have to go get them. She told me that in the contract, when you buy things they are not returnable.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Default Check Your Contract - And The Front Desk

My COD has a sign out front that says food items REMOVED FROM THE CENTER are non-refundable. It says nothing about pre-purchased items.

Also, as far as E-bay, I have bought bars from two different people on E-bay. I think their bars are much better than Luna bars, and any other I have tried, but the E-bay price is much better.

Lastly, don't just threaten the BBB, tell them (and actually do it) you will be calling your local TV news station and ask to speak with the news director and tell your story. I agree with Repo - the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #9  
Bring sexy back

I'm telling you, they are bullying you. Search completed listings and you will find hundreds of successful sales. By the way, how are they supposed to know it is you, anyway? They are not all knowing and they don't know your ebay id nor can they find it out unless you tell them. Ebay selling isn't returning..it's selling. They are not the police of ebay.

Now, if you had worked for them, it would be a different story. Places like Mary Kay WILL hunt you down if you are a rep and are selling on ebay. Just place a disclaimer on the auction stating "I am not and have never been an employee of LAWL."
Old 05-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #10  
banned

That's ridiculous that you claim that your center told you you couldn't sell the bars on ebay because they are "checking." How would they know it was YOU who was selling them? Last I checked, Ebay used Usernames (Screenames), there is no way they could find out your name unless they bought them from you. Just sell them on Ebay, it's not that hard. And its none of my business but if your husband left last year maybe you shouldn't have done LAWL in the first place instead of realizing now that you are out of money and need to sell them.
Julie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #11  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I would still push it. If your Doc says no, they should be bound to give you a refund. I can't see how they could get after people for selling their bars on ebay. If ebay allows it, and they do, then LAWL does not have a leg to stand on. It is not like you are selling plans. You are selling something that you purchased. The bars are yours to do what you please with.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #12  
Bring sexy back

Just thinking about what they are doing to you ticks me off so bad. They wouldn't do something like this to me, I guarantee you. I have gotten so much stuff taken care of that was "out of people's hands." You can't take "no" for an answer. DH is the king of this. They are picking on you because they know you are sensitive about your weight (b/c you're going to a diet center), probably know your recent separation history, and know that you're having health issues. Get yourself a heaping dose of righteous indignation, girl. It's time you decided you'd rather be a *itch than somebody's DOORMAT!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #13  
Bring sexy back

Exactly right about them pulling PLANS, not BARS. Ebay has workers that patrol every aspect. There is probably even a person specifically monitoring the health and nutrition segment (probably many). If there was anything illegal in doing it, you can bet your bottom dollar Ebay would yank them themselves. I have sold tons of stuff on ebay and I am pretty familiar with their rules (deetsmom even more so than me).
Old 05-05-2006, 01:13 PM   #14  

Dairy -- love your righteous indignation! You GO GIRL!!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:19 PM   #15  

Thanks for all of your replies. I really don't want to argue with them. The manager there can really be nasty and I just don't have the backbone right now to deal with her. I am going to get on LA's site and see if I can talk to someone higher up. I have spent over 1000 with LA and once I went off plan I gained all my weight back plus more. I am going to a consuler now who told me diets don't work, you have to change your lifestyle. I am working really hard, it seems when I write down what I am eating I think about food all the time, since I am not doing that anymore it seems to be helping. If anyone is interested in my things let me know.