Old 05-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #1  
banned

Default No more LA Lites and on Gold - help!

I am not eating the LA Lites anymore. I couldn't afford them and they soy upset my stomach. I am on the Gold Plan. Is there anything (a specific food group) that I am supposed to eat more of to compensate for not eating the lites? Thanks
Julie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:24 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

what did the center recommend?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

if you cut out the lites you are supposed to switch to the purple w/o the lites...which is higher ounces of protein, and 1 extra veggie a day...good luck, im struggling with the upset soy stomach too...its hard but i love the bars...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #4  
banned

I Don't Go To A Center
Julie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #5  
Strong not Skinny

Default LA LITES and Protein

I saw on another board people were eating Luna Bars, I'm not sure if they are also Soy, but they are yummy. My LA problem involves protein sources. I'm not a huge meat eater, so I dabble in the vegetarian options on the red plan. My counselor told me I shouldn't mix soybeans and Boca burgers with chicken on the same day. Now is this absurd or what? I'm in the middle of week 2 and was down 8.5, gained 1.5 traveling and eating out and am about flush again, how stupid I feel bumming out over that damn scale! I figure if I get to 9 by the end of week 2 thats 4.5 average a week, I WANT IT TO GO AWAY!!!! Also, does anyone else feel that you know WAY more about nutrition than the people at these centers? My counselor had never heard of a Boca Burger.
sweetiepetitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #6  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to the world of LAWL, sweetie-you'll never get the same answer from 2 different centers

Now-there's no reason not to mix veg and nonveg proteins. i do it all the time. Just keep doing what you're doing . . . . Some of the counselors just pull this "info" out their a#s . . . .

The counselors went through a 2 week training course that mostly involved selling their products . . . .99% of the clients no more than they do about nutrition. Anyone who's been a career dieter (and most of us have been), have done all the research . . .

Don't get me wrong-some centers and counselors are great . . .just keep in mind their motivation (selling products).
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #7  
Strong not Skinny

Thanks Julie, and they did a great job of selling me....my credit card proves it, that sucker is still smokin'. But I look at it as my incentive to see it thru, and who can argue with Chocolate Crunch 2X a day! I love this site, its like a hundred sisters who don't care if you fell off plan or hit a plateau.
sweetiepetitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #8  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Oh-we care if you fall off-plan (we'll kick you in the butt if you need it) and commiserate with the plataeus . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #9  
PurpleSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie
Oh-we care if you fall off-plan (we'll kick you in the butt if you need it) and commiserate with the plataeus . . . .
'

AMEN GIRLFRIEND!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #10  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie
Welcome to the world of LAWL, sweetie-you'll never get the same answer from 2 different centers

hahaha I felt like we are in the LAWL TWIGHLIGHT ZONE!!! (music from the twighlight zone movie please maestro)

Julie:
Agree with Aggie,I am not doing the bars anymore, my COD switch me from purple with lites to red with no lites, so if you are in gold with lites, I believe you have to switch to purple w/o lites. Hope that helps
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #11  

My favorite COD moment came after I had been on the plan for about 7 weeks, averaging 2.5 - 3 pounds a week. The counselor/idiot looks at me and says, "Wow, what are you doing to lose this weight?" I was like, ummm, following the plan? DUH!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #12  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Christie:
DUH!!!! HAHAHAHA!!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote