View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001, 11:59 AM   #51
SueMoo

Default Hi!!!!!

Hi there! Sorry that I haven't checked in. It's been a crazy couple of days - doctors appointments, dentist appointments, work, Halloween - crazy. And this weekend is really full too - a party tonight, helping my brother move tomorrow, stuff with DH's family tomorrow night, and my mom's birthday on Sunday. Whew, we'll need a weekend AFTER the weekend.

Jen, I've heard of the formula thing, but haven't tried it. It sounds logical though. I think that TIME was what solved Megan's waking up at night every 3 hours, rather than anything I did. I'll bet you that by the time Drake is 9 weeks old, he'll be sleeping for 6-7 hours at a stretch... Doesn't make it any easier right NOW though, I know. This week Megan has finally gotten over needing to be held for her daytime naps. (Before this week she absolutely wouldn't sleep by herself). I'm probably jinxing it by saying something about it. Watch, today she'll wake up if I don't hold her... She is also starting to lengthen out her daytime naps now, FINALLY. She usually only sleeps for 30 minutes at a time - she slept for 1.5 hours in the morning yesterday, and 3 HOURS (!!!) in the afternoon. Those are the longest naps she's ever taken, in her LIFE. I was shocked, and kept checking on her to see if she was alive, LOL. I'm hoping she will do it again today, that it wasn't just a fluke. I got so much done yesterday afternoon.

Did everyone have a good Halloween? Megan was a ducky. She was cute, but her costume was pretty lame. I procrastinated buying her a costume until, ahem, October 31st. So of course there was nothing left. Her costumer was just a thin yellow sleeper with a hood on it. The hood had a thin little felt beak. Oh well. She's cute anyway. We went to a big party our church threw for the neighborhood - called a Trunk or Treat. Everyone brings their cars down to the church parking lot, decorates the trunks and gives out candy to the kids. There must have been 50-60 cars, and HUNDREDS of kids. It was great. There were some really adorable kids. We vastly underestimated how much candy we would need though, so we were all out in about 10 minutes, hee! Halloween was a success for me, because I didn't eat a single piece of candy. I wasn't even tempted. YAY! I feel like I'm getting in the swing of this dieting thing.

I am LOVING Weight Watchers. It is so easy, I can't believe it. This is the first time since I've been married that I've been able to stay on a diet for longer than a week. How sad is that! I actually think that I can do this. The only sucky thing is that it will take SO long to lose all of this weight. I already have the baby weight off, but it doesn't make that much difference since I got pregnant at such a heavy weight. That's the hard part - staying motivated when losing is so slow. Plus, I have so much to lose, that nobody will even notice that I'm losing weight until I've lost like, 50 pounds. Because even after I lose 25, I'll still be so chunky that I won't look much different, you know? It's a bummer....

Megan went to the doctor, she weighs 13 pounds, and is 23 inches long. :> She had 3 shots, but did really well with them - hardly cried at all, and they didn't seem to affect her afterwards. Not like last time she got a shot - last time she cried for 15 minutes afterwards, and was cranky for days.

I'm going to try to be better about posting every day - I hope everyone else will give it a shot too? I really don't want this thread to die - I don't know about you ladies, but I really need the support. Thanks Jen, for keeping us alive, LOL. OK, this was the longest post in the history of posting. If any of you made it this far, you have far too much time on your hands, LOL. :> Sorry for the length, guess I stored up things to say.
Take care everyone, and post, post, post! :>

Sue