Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #1  
Need a change!

Question Relicore? Slimquick?

Just wanted to see if anyone has ever tried relicore? I am a nursing student and after studying the affects of cortisol produced by the adrenal glands it should work, scientifically speaking. But, as we all know not everything is as it appears. I always had a very small waistline untill my two little ones arrived, and I became a big bundle of over stressed nerves. I have also heard a lot about slimquick? Any ideas? I have began taking relicore and you can take a fat burner in conjunction, does anyone have any suggestions? I have got to get some of these pounds and inches off by April, by I am a bridesmaid in my friends wedding, that is my current motivation.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:29 PM   #2  

Well is it working
Old 01-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2lilynlibby
Just wanted to see if anyone has ever tried relicore? I am a nursing student and after studying the affects of cortisol produced by the adrenal glands it should work, scientifically speaking. But, as we all know not everything is as it appears. I always had a very small waistline untill my two little ones arrived, and I became a big bundle of over stressed nerves. I have also heard a lot about slimquick? Any ideas? I have began taking relicore and you can take a fat burner in conjunction, does anyone have any suggestions? I have got to get some of these pounds and inches off by April, by I am a bridesmaid in my friends wedding, that is my current motivation.
Well see, the thing with a lot of these diet supplements marketing is first off they can pretty much say whatever the heck they feel like saying (I saw a commercial this morning advertising a diet pill that would 'maintain the lost weight'. Yeah riiiggght... ) A common trick of these marketers is to take an unrelated study showing some sort of weight loss and kind of molding their product marketing around a theory implying that THEIR product has whatever is supposed to be the Majik Ingredient(s). A couple years ago this whole cortisol supplement craze started.

We've had plenty of threads on this in the past, check 'em out:

The Cortisol Connection Diet - Does it work?

Relacore - especially this post!

Relacore and Cortislim
Old 01-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #4  
Butterfly

S/C/G: 235/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Relacore honestly hasn't done much to help me. I don't see any more of a difference after taking most of the bottle as I saw when I wasn't using it. I didn't feel any different and it didn't do anything significant to my waist line or butt.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

I've posted this before but will reiterate: I've used Relacore in the past. It's a fairly good vitamin supplement, in my opinion, but massively expensive and it had no effect on my weight whatsoever. I regret the money wasted on it ... ... there is no magic pill that will affect weight loss, in my humble opinion. It'd be better to buy some One A Day vitamins and a set of weights.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #6  

I don't know if it works cause I haven't tried it and there's a lot of no's who have in all truth. There's also a lot of no's from people who just say no and haven't done any research too, so ignore that. In essence, it does not seem to work for just about everything it states to work as. The only area that seems to produce is the lowering stress area, as many who have tried it state that they do feel it elevates their mood. If that is your focus, u might want to still not get it cause it's expensive and with all the extras it may hurt u if u take it too long.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobetheman
I don't know if it works cause I haven't tried it and there's a lot of no's who have in all truth. There's also a lot of no's from people who just say no and haven't done any research too, so ignore that. In essence, it does not seem to work for just about everything it states to work as. The only area that seems to produce is the lowering stress area, as many who have tried it state that they do feel it elevates their mood. If that is your focus, u might want to still not get it cause it's expensive and with all the extras it may hurt u if u take it too long.
Would be interested to see some of the research you base your conclusions on or possibly it's your opinion (which is fine)? Wasn't sure and just curious as to some citations where I can find some of the research. Blessed be. Thanks. I like your Richard avatar.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:54 AM   #8  

I keep hearing this thing is great for lifting ur mood and for some limited few it lifts their energy levels only a little bit. This is not gonna help u lose the weight on its own and it ain't really focused on this goal in some other effect way, IMO. yet, I kind of am interested in it cause of the mood lifting effect I hear about, does anyone know if the components that accomplish this can be bought individually in another way that still has this effective result. If not I may try it just to see if that part is all Bull too. I ain't expecting to lose weight cause of it though. If ur buying it for this save ur money.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Not sure if it works or not...but the commercials tick me off. Here, they are played three times in a row! "You NEED Relacore"

**pssshhh**
Old 02-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #10  

Thumbs up

I'm currently taken slimquick I am now in my 2nd week. And I'm happy to say that it is working for me. I started on 01/30/06 and I have lost 6 lbs. and lost 3 inches off my waist. I don't feel jittery and I have alot of energy. Of course I have tried relicore and I did not like it and it did not work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2lilynlibby
Old 02-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #11  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I just keep thinking of the commercial "you need relicore". I personally think that it all comes down to diet and exercise, and if you look at the bottom of the screen, they all say to use in conjunction with those 2 things. So, no I haven't tried them, but on the same token I have tried different diet pills in the past, before coming to the conclusion that if there was a magic pill, no one would have a body they didn't like. And as Mrs Jim said, they can say whatever they want with no back ups. All of them say they're the best, the FDA doesn't regulate that stuff. And you never know if there's gonna end up being horrible side effects like Phen Fen did.

Just my 2 cents, I just hate to see people waste money and possibly put their health in danger! There are natural things in whole foods, or even trusted names of suppliments that can aid in healthy weight loss. I have known a lot of people that have lost weight, and none of them owed it to a diet pill. To each his own, I know, but if I were gonna start taking a diet pill I would get the full list of ingredients and do reaseach on each ingredient to see what it does etc.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:21 PM   #12  

Default misspeachy913 are you out there?

I did a search on slim quick and saw your post. I was just wondering how you are doing on it. I just bought some and started today. I hope it works. I need to lose at least 10 by the end of the month. (I need to lose more but i need to lose at least 10 this month.)
Old 04-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I was on Phen-Fen for 9 months in 1993 and with low-cal, low-fat dieting and exercising 5 times a week , I lost 90 lbs. All of which I quickly regained after stopping the meds and exercise. I think I could of lost the 90 lbs. without the pills. this time, I am eating right and exercising and have lost 80 lbs. without paying for any pills or having any harmful side-effects. Luckily, I don't have any heart damage from the Phen-Fen. Weight loss can successfully be achieved without pills, I'm a firm believer in this now.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #14  

i bought a bottle from walmart and i tried it for a week, i guess you should give it longer than that but i did notice that it suppressed my appetite really well. i was never hungry. i didn't lose any weight though. but i guess if you never eat then eventually you will lose anyway so i don't think it's a magic pill.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #15  
ugggg.....

I post this everytime--so why not again--I tried Relacore--save the money and get yourself some quality B vitamins because though it helped my stress because of the vitamins--and probably eating due to me being a stress eater--I lost NO weight!!!
Closed Thread