UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:18 PM   #436  

Whats the recipe YP? I've always wanted to cook more with aubergines but they are one of these things I can't cook.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:38 PM   #437  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've put it on the recipe thread
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:35 PM   #438  

ooh excellent will go for a look. Is it really nice?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:10 PM   #439  

Hello all. I thought the Runner's World was a lot better this month. Or maybe I'm just more motivated this month. I got my back pack for running today. It was £54 marked down to £19 then I got another £5 off for spending over £40 in the shop, I got a fleece as well. It's nice and warm, but light. I thought it would be good to chuck in the back pack to put on on the tram after my runs.

I went to yoga this morning, had a swim and a play in the gym, nothing serious. My gym instructor, who wasn't great, spent his day off researching polycystic ovary syndrome and obesity issues. I was amazed. He's trying really hard to learn and be more helpful, so this is real progress.

June Tabor was ok, I am impressed that some of you have heard of her.

I feel very chilled this weekend, I bought a Mary J Blige cd, and a band I have never heard of caled Panic at the Disco, because I liked the cover!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #440  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I've never heard of June Tabor!

I usually just stir-fry my aubergines, which reminds me, I must do some cooking tomorrow!! I have a fridge packed with fruit and veg!

I've had the laziest day. Just watched some rubbishy film on DVD that was free with the Mail ages ago. It killed a coupla hours I guess!

I think I'll go back to my book after I've surfed around here for a little while.

No plans for tomorrow as yet, but the pigsty could do with a good mucking out!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:43 AM   #441  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm up, and I've made my packed lunch. I've managed to squeeze 4 portions of fruit and veg into it, so hopefully it will get me through til I get home at about 6.30. I have to collect my race number between 8.45 and 9.30 so I'd better start packing my bag of post race clothes and getting myself sorted to leave I suppose.

At least it looks like a nice day out there.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 AM   #442  

I'm up too, about to go swimming. Then we are going for a 10 mile walk. Col went out and bought a heap of walking stuff yesterday, he never spends money!!!

It's still a bit murky out on this side of the Pennines, but I am sure it will fine up. She says, fingers crossed!
Old 04-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #443  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Its a lovely day here - very sunny but quite cold in the wind.

I did a good upper body work out this morning and then took the dogs for a walk. Neither of them was very enthusiastic about it, probably because of the long walk yesterday. They had a bit of fun chasing a deer which seemed to be playing with them. It crossed the path about 50 feet in front of us and seemed to glance at the dogs, hesitate then stopped and waited for them to almost catch up, then ran along a bit more before waiting for them again. It did that about half a dozen times before the dogs finally gave up and the deer trotted off straight ahead. I've never seen a deer to anything quite like that before!

We've had the Police helicopter overflying the village and surrounding countryside for the last 30 minutes - blummin noise - every dog for miles is barking at it!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #444  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

We had a helicopter in the middle of the night

Did you all hear the sound of that 50 minute barrier smashing to bits? 47:45

I couldn't believe it - I got to 5k in 23 minutes which was faster than my 5k race, then I ran the rest of it at pretty much the pace I'd been intending to race (just under 5 minute kms). Far faster than I'd been hoping to go, I guess the next goal will have to be 45 minutes. Which is roughly how long it took me to do 5k this time last year!
Old 04-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #445  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

And you've all tempted me too much on here. I was driving straight pass the outlet place at Castleford between the race and the rugby and had an hour or so spare, so popped in. I was quite proud of limiting myself to a pair of (size 12) denim capris from Pilot (£12.60!) and not buying too much stuff. There was a bit of running stuff in the Nike shop I fancied, but I think I'll go back after I get paid next once my pay rise comes through as I won't be running much while I'm in Spain anyway. I was a bit bemused though that one thing said normal price £25, outlet price £30. I hope it was a mistake!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 02:38 PM   #446  

Hehehehe, our Nike outlet at Salford Quays does funny things like that too, bless em.

I had a nice swim, then we walked 6 miles to lunch, and I was slightly naughty, but I am paying for it now, I feel quite ill. I wasn't even that naughty!!! My tummy doesn't like rich food any more.

I'm planning my day tomorrow, painting and decorating and running

You'll have time to run 20k in London!!! I'll still be at the start when you finish at this rate LOL. It's two laps, so you can run 3!!! or maybe 4!!! I'm aiming for 90 minutes!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #447  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

BRAVO YP! You're amazing

We've been to Spitalfields market today. They have built a whole new "complex" on it and it's YUCK There's hardly any stalls and it's full of trendy "boutiques" and a Starbucks and it's totally lost all of its charm. I won't be going back, it's not the same. However we did get some nice feta pastry and a vanilla pie thing that was almost all custard

Then we came home and tidied the pigsty, it looks almost like a trendy flat! Just need to vacuum and put a few more things away and it's almost there!

I've been so good with my eats today - I'm thinking about giving this "maintaining" thing a go and just seeing what happens. I think I over-worry about stuff, so thinking I'm maintaining may just chill me out enough to lose

Anyways, we're off to the pub with "live music" so see you later all

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:56 PM   #448  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Hope you had a nice time at the pub Frus if you get home early do you want to come over here and clean this place my car could do with a bit of TLC as well

Hey Miss Veggie where art thou? read that you've been taking the *iss out of my home town Preston i've had many a good night out in that town (oops I mean City ) I can tell you
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #449  

thats seriously impressive YP are you heading for the 2012 olympics or something.

I still have a headache third day sure its my hayfever I went to the walk in clinic at the hospital in my lunch break today but the queue was too long. Fell asleep when I got home so I'm only now cooking my dinner. veggie shepherds pie yummy