Old 04-26-2006, 10:31 PM   #1  

Default fatter???

Okay, I am at 2 and a half weeks through induction, still only an 8 pound loss. I can see it in my face and hips and butt, a bit, though my measurements are still the same. Which is weird to me. I however have lost nothing in my stomach which is my fattest body part. I always thought atkins was good at fighting belly fat? If it's even possible, it looks and feels like my tummy is actually fatter! Could that be possible? I've been doing everything right, even drinking water which i hate, but I feel like I am making things worse! I don't need my "problem area" any bigger than it is, I would absolutely die! What do you guys think?
rockgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

nope your belly fat didnt get bigger....the stuff around it got smaller....making it appear bigger

Now Ive never heard that Atkins targets belly fat. I wish it did, but unfortunately it doesnt. Fat comes off where ever the **** it wants to!! I get a serious case of "flat butt" when the lbs really start falling off.

You've lost 8lbs so far....thats pretty amazing. What other diets can you go on, eat like we do, and still loose 8lbs in 2weeks? Hang in there, follow the plan, drink your water, and get your exercise....you will widdle it away in no time.

Your doing good.....keep it up
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:22 AM   #3  
Going to ONEderland

Fat before it leaves gets softer and mushier. That makes it look worse, but is actually a good sign. It isn't as tightly packed and "blubbery" but softer, squishier and more loose and flabby looking. That is probably what you are seeing.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:51 AM   #4  

are you doing ab work within your exercise routine?

if so, you could be building your ab muscles beneath the tummy pudge, which cause the pudge to look like more than it is.

Don't know if it makes sense...but if this is the case with you...just give it time, things will even out. . you lost weight, right?
lwcarbmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:39 AM   #5  
Dante'smama

S/C/G: 245/239/140

I have to agree with the others, it comes off where it comes off

You had an 8 pound loss, that's wonderful

I have had 6 pounds in 6 days and that was with one day of eating carbs, in my weak moment.

I went out and bought ketostix, and have been measuring my ketone level every night and I'm telling you, for me, seeing that turn more and more purple, is an immediate psychological boost. I *know* that I'm burning fat, even when I can't see it.

Stay on the plan and I bet you'll do just fine and see the results you want to see.

You are doing great!
Dante'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

It always comes off my face and chest first, my tummy is usually the last to go. Hang in there it'll be gone before you know it. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #7  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

I am right there with you! On Atkins and I have lost 24 so far - I see the loss everywhere BUT my belly! UGH! Yes I exercise like crazy and I do tummy tapes. Trying to be patient, they keep saying it will happen.
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #8  

I think it really depends on the person. My husband carries all his weight up front, and that is where it's all dropping off. I carry mine in my lower half, so my husband notices weight loss in the butt area. LOL Everyones different. Have patience. You will see the differences soon. 8 pounds is really hard to tell.. I didn't really notice my changes until 15 - 20 pounds.

Keep it up!!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #9  
Princess to Be

S/C/G: 267/270/175

I would like to celebrate the fact that you have lost eight pounds. That's wonderful.
Tiffany_Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

I have to agre that the weight comes off unevenly in me as well. My lower body has dropped a lot of inches, my upper body and arms are a totally different story. Just now my arms are strting to go down. Hang in there.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:46 AM   #11  
Susan hockeyfan7

Mine comes off from the top of my head down. My face is way smaller. I can see my collar bones. My waist is smaller. But I can't see a darn thing on my legs.

I started last May at 280 and I haven't lost a single inch off my legs yet. But I've gone down 3 sizes.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:30 PM   #12  

Default thanks!

Thanks guys! I know I should be happy with the 8 pounds. I just have a tendency to base all of my weight loss on my tummy, it's like the only place I look. I am at a stall right now, I lost the 8 in the first week and haven't moved an ounce in the last week and a half. So maybe once this stall pushes through I'll see a little more results. I just wish it would hurry up and end!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:40 AM   #13  
"On the road again...."

S/C/G: 300/290/160

Height: 5'5"

Rockgirl, I say this very carefully but if you are certain that you are doing the program right then your problem may be insulin resistance if so your doctor can give you some meds to get you going and then as you loose it will go away. My sister takes meds for that as she is crossing 50lbs lost he is proposing taking her off of it and see how she does.

Just a thought.
tammy1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:06 PM   #14  

I don't know if that's the problem, cus my blood sugar is very low. My dad takes insulin and I check his sugar every day, so when I started Atkins we'd test mine to just out of curiosity to see where it was. The two times we tested it was 69 and then last night it was 71. So I don't think it's insulin, but I do know that all this stalling is giving me the biggest carb cravings in the world!!!! I think I'll give myself another week and see what happens.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Wink

If it is a true stall it might take a little longer then a week. Please be patient with yourself and give your body some time to get used to a different way of eating. I know there are so many times I get frustrated and want to throw in the towel, but I have to be patient too. Everybody loses at a different rate. Your body has to have a chance to adjust. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote