Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #1  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Smile Possessed by sweet tooth, anyone else?

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone has an addiction to sweets like I do? Especially chocolate. I used to think I was only addicted to candy, but now that the fog is lifting on my bad case of denial, I realize that I'm as bad with cookies, cakes, pretty much ANYTHING I can stuff into my mouth! How do you overcome something like this, that seems to have such a deep rooted hold on you?
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:22 PM   #2  

I'm pretty much in the same boat. When I have a sugar craving the first thing I'll do now-a-days is grab a sugar-free popsicle. It is only twenty calories and very, very helpful in fighting off those urges. Do you like fruit? I find that when I'm craving sweets a bowl of berries or a banana will help me right along.

I just noticed that this was on the NutriSystem board, so feel free to disreguard any of the above statements if it doesn't fit within your plan. I'm just posting about what helps me, on a general counting calories plan.
broadwayfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 9"

I have the same problem with Chocolate. OOOOOhhh, I love it. Lately when I get thos cravings I try to drink some crystal Light or eat something else that's sugar free (but it has to taste sweet) and it seems to help. Good Luck.
Justinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #4  

those are great ideas, do you guys have problems with QUANTITY? because my sweet tooth and binging goes hand in hand. It's almost like mentally I feel like "oh I better eat ALL of this RIGHT now, so that I don't get CHEATED. Anyone else feel that way?
Old 04-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatty
those are great ideas, do you guys have problems with QUANTITY? because my sweet tooth and binging goes hand in hand. It's almost like mentally I feel like "oh I better eat ALL of this RIGHT now, so that I don't get CHEATED. Anyone else feel that way?
What if you try only buying in small quantites? (I know easier said than done). Then you could eat the whole thing, not feel cheated, but are actually only getting a little.
Justinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #6  

yes that is easier said than done. And yes technically that would work. The problem comes in at the very root...(the store) where I see all the choices of candy, cookies, smell the bakery baking donuts...

I haven't started my nutrisystem yet, (cause it hasn't arrived). I am just thinking of areas that have gotten out of control in the past and seriously wondering if anyone else struggles as badly. Honestly sometimes I feel like a child in the way I love junk food. The worst part about it is, I have 3 young children. I've GOT to get a hold of this! I want so much better for them, and that will have to START with me.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:07 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

big- one of the awesome things about the nutrisystem package that i got is that its low glycemic index. (did you get that?? i just ordered the one for women...) i find thtat if i stick to it the protien keeps my blood sugar consistent which keeps my cravings for carbs (and sweets) down. the good news is when i do crave something sweet i can have a "Dessert" from NS and still not cheap! good luck starting! you are not alone with the sweet tooth!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:16 AM   #8  
Buggin' with Pugs

Big! I am with you sista!!!!! My sweet tooth has been the bane of my dieting attempts. Like Freddy said though, NS makes chocolate this is not bad at all, actually I prefer the cherry cordial one as one of my chocolate favs is choco-covered cherries. My other demon is anything with cake and cream filling. I am not a big ice cream fan, so that was never a vice. But give me a pack of cream horns or twinkies and I will remove your limb if you try to take it.

Honestly, for me though, since starting NS my sweet tooth has diminished quite a bit. When it does strike I have two methods.

1. I get a bag of Weight Watcher candies. They are individually wrapped so I am less inclined to eat the whole bag. I take 1 or 2 and that is all. I eat them with tiny bites or chop them up with a tablespoon of fat free whipped cream. Physcologically makes me think I am eating twice as much.

2. I utilize my 'free foods' from NS (you should get this list from your NS counselor, if you don't let me know and I will email it to you). I made a peanutbutter cream pie with those free foods!!!! I took 2tb of FF BP and 2 tbs of FF whippped cream, mixed them together. Took 1/2 of my macadamia nut biscotti from NS...crushed that puppy up, put it in the bottom of a ramakin then put the wc/pb mix on top. mmmmmm....

Trust me Big, I try everything I can to apease that tooth but still stay on track. I have only let my sweet took run amok only once now with an Entemann's cake and I really regreted it. I am having such good results with NS that I cannot beleive I did that. So now, I make sure I get creative and stick to the confines of the diet for my sweet tooth. You would be amzed what you can do......chocolate covered strawberries, bananas, etc (melt the NS chocs), bundt cakes, etc. You can find alot of the recipes on the NS website too or on jazzmans site (message me and I will send you a link).

Hope this helps!!!! We are excited for you! Let us know when your Day 1 is, we will be here for you!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #9  

Wow! I just have to say that you ladies are awesome! I hadn't received my food yet, and was already feeling that "defeated" feeling. Talk about ENCOURAGEMENT! Thank you! It's good to know that I'm not in this alone! Oh and I am going to start going to OA meetings. It's time I face the fact that I am out of control.

I WISH MY FOOD WOULD GET HERE ALREADY!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #10  
supaphatchick

I have a big appetite to begin with...and I love me some sweets. *Sigh*
I tend to buy some sugar free chocolates and try to stick to just a few. They do give me a bad reaction (tummy wise and worse) if I eat too many anyway. I also put extra cocoa powder in my NS shakes (I LOVE the dessert one the best!...with ice cubes, vanilla or chocolate extract and splenda! Oh my goodness is it good!)

Sometimes green tea with milk and splenda helps me.
AmericanWomansong is offline   Reply With Quote