Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-26-2006, 01:09 AM   #1  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Default Trying to avoid a binge

I'm not hungry. I know I'm not physically hungry. But I'm having the hardest time fighting off a binge tonight. My biggest problem is that it's midnight, and there's not much I can do to keep busy! (So I'm on here!)

I know that "they" say to go for a walk, exercise or do something else active to avoid eating. But I'm not physically able to do that at the moment. (I have a sprained ankle which makes it painful to exercise at the moment.)
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:53 AM   #2  

me too
during the day my resolve is strong but get me at night and i start planning a big binge. i am desperate but i know i have to stop it grrrr
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm waiting for someone to make a "pill" for that feeling. I hear you, girls... I don't know what the answer is. When it's not hunger that's calling us, it's something in our heads that we just don't know how to control.
I hope you made it though the evening...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #4  

What I do is try to figure out why I want to binge. Normally I'm angry so once its expressed then I feel less of an urge.

Or if I cant figure it out I go upstairs and beat the living c$%p out of my punchbag. That normally does the trick and often I end up crying which is what I needed to do in the first place but couldn't make myself express it.

OR I watch a VERY weepy film. My recommendations are Beaches, What dreams may come or Extreme Makeover Home Edition! Impossible (for me) not to cry at these.

OR if none of these work then I allow myself to binge, within calorie limits and on something low calorie - say strawberries or crackers - in the end you just get a bit bored and do something else.

Hope this helps. Ignore it if it doesnt!
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:10 AM   #5  
I've had a rough week...

Thanks Ladies It's so nice to know that I'm not alone in this.

I went for a drive last night, leaving everything but my drivers lisence at home. I knew I'd be tempted to drive through someplace, so I left all my $$ and cards at home. And I drove around my old neighborhood, and just around the town I grew up in (about 20 miles awy from where I live) it got my mind off food!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Mtatjac--What a great idea! I love the leaving everything but your license. I'm going to remember that and use it when I need it. :-)

This board is a great place to come to get your mind off food. It redirects my thoughts and inspires me.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #7  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtaTJac
I went for a drive last night, leaving everything but my drivers lisence at home. I knew I'd be tempted to drive through someplace, so I left all my $$ and cards at home. And I drove around my old neighborhood, and just around the town I grew up in (about 20 miles awy from where I live) it got my mind off food!
Good work! That's what I tend to do... I grab my ID and head out to the park or the library for a while. No money, no way to buy fast food... But if it's late at night, just driving would be good, too... or head to a 24 hour department store (and if you didn't take money, you wouldn't waste money shopping, either...)

Hmmm.... good stuff!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:37 AM   #8  
I've had a rough week...

Marny, I agree this site is proving to be inspiring! I read the maintainers forum this afternoon and realized that with a cookie in my hand I will never make it to that point So I was inspired to stay on track today!

LaLa, I thought about a department store last night, but I was worried I'd find stuff I wanted to buy I think tonight if I get that way I will take my book and drive to a park (we have a well lit, 24 horu park near my house) and just sit and read for awhile! Away from the house and enjoying the beautiful weather!