Old 04-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #1  

Default Starting over

Hi ladies.
Well I have decided to do a low carb diet; however I am not sure if I want SB or atkins.
I say this after polishing off a box of Entenmann's donuts.
I really have to stop doing this to myself. I cant seem to get my eating under control when I eat a regular diet. I really start with the best intentions; I am sure you all have heard this.."I will just eat it in moderation". Well that has been mt signature statement for the past 10 years and I ha vent used moderation once.
NOT to mention I have been many diets and when carbs are involved I FAIL!
I really have to try and get all junk OUT of my diet.
I say this as I have a few cakes and sweets in the house. I guess I need to deal with this problem tonight so I can start fresh in the morning.

Any helpful advice?
treecricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #2  

Well after reading all of your post I will stick with atkins!
You have all done so well!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Yes, If I were you I'd definitely do Atkins. I love my carbs as well and never thought I could do it. I di screw up to day but it wasn't because I was craving carbs. Iwas just disgusted with what Iguess some would call a 'stall'.
Like you have probably read all of these posts, the first 3 days are the hardest. after that, I can almost promise that you won't think about carbs.
But for now, clear your home of any temptaions because if you're like me the first 3 days were like going through detox and it's a lot easier if you don't have the temptations. Also, if you have Atkins book hang on to it for those three days and worship it, look to it for comfort becasue when you are feeling low, reading it will make it all seem possible. And it is. As I'm sure you have also noticed on these posts,everyone is losing weight like crazy. Not all good weeks but when added up I would say pretty good months! Ihave been on for 3 weeks and lost 15 lbs. Goodluck to you and if you have any questions or are not sure of something come on and ask. Better to be safe than sorry when counting carbs during induction. I learned that the hard way!
Look forward to hearing of your progress!
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:54 PM   #4  

Default hi

I too am going to start over soon here is a website i found tonite that may help with recipes and such
http://www.geocities.com/scompton78/
best of luck to you
p.s. the first time i started atkins I donated all my carb food to the church food pantry
nmhairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:19 AM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Good luck and welcome. I , would recommend atkins because it is working very well for me. Jump right in here if you need help, everyone is great.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

treecricket....atkins works for me!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:22 AM   #7  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

I'm jumping back on the low carb wagon. I see some familiar 'faces'! Which makes me so happy!!! :frwink Me and my other half are starting back on Monday. Working on 'polishing' off what carb foods there are. Which isn't all that bad, actually. Other than the cereal...eeek.
tickleyourfancies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #8  
Dante'smama

S/C/G: 245/239/140

That's awesome tickle! C'mon and do it with us
Dante'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Thumbs up

Atkins alwys works for me, it's the only plan I know that eliminates my carb craving after a day or two. I've been back at mine for almost a month I think, I lose track of time. You will start noticing the difference after a few days. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #10  
Susan hockeyfan7

I have been trying more of the South Beach plan for the past 3 months and forget that crap!

In 3 months, I have lost and gained the same 4 pounds over and over again.

So, today it's back to Atkins for me -- it just works better. I can't control the carbs well enough. Sweet potatoes and brown rice leads to potato chips.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan7
Sweet potatoes and brown rice leads to potato chips.
....and cheetos, and donuts, and hoho's.......and, and and ....

I agree 110%
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #12  
Princess to Be

S/C/G: 267/270/175

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I am trying to recover from the "I'll just eat a regular diet in moderation" phase too. My am IR and PCOS so I know I have to eat properly or else. When I say properly, I mean strict low carb. So, if you want a starting over buddy, I would be more than happy to start with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecricket
Hi ladies.
Well I have decided to do a low carb diet; however I am not sure if I want SB or atkins.
I say this after polishing off a box of Entenmann's donuts.
I really have to stop doing this to myself. I cant seem to get my eating under control when I eat a regular diet. I really start with the best intentions; I am sure you all have heard this.."I will just eat it in moderation". Well that has been mt signature statement for the past 10 years and I ha vent used moderation once.
NOT to mention I have been many diets and when carbs are involved I FAIL!
I really have to try and get all junk OUT of my diet.
I say this as I have a few cakes and sweets in the house. I guess I need to deal with this problem tonight so I can start fresh in the morning.

Any helpful advice?
Tiffany_Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #13  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante'smama
That's awesome tickle! C'mon and do it with us
Oh yeah! I now have to get a scale..it seems as if ours has *disappeared*. Very strange. I have a feeling that S/O ditched it..lol...he's just not owning up to it. Every time he goes to pour himself a glass of coke, I'm like 'you better enjoy that while you can'. He hates how I police him when it comes to this diet..lol. It's so funny
tickleyourfancies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #14  

You are all so nice.
YES.
I am starting over.
I had left a few days due to the flu; so I am starting tomorrow.
I had been living on apple juice the past few days; so my body is FULL of sugar!