General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default What is your biggest WL fear?

Okay, girls, lets bond here for a minute. We all have certain fears when it comes to losing weight or trying to lose weight, and they may hold us back. I think that it is time to get them off of our chests, talk about it, and maybe we can start to understand each other better in the process.

I fear that I may fail, and if I do fail, then those around me who want me to fail will be so glad. They will laugh at me behind my back, and say that they knew I couldn't keep up with it. I just don't want that to happen. I also fear that my new weight will ruin my marraige. Maybe that is silly. Surely it is, but you hear about people who lose a ton of weight, it totally changes their lives, and they end up divorced. I don't want my whole life to change. Sort of.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I worry that if I get pregnant again (which I'd LOVE to happen) I will go insane and put all my weight back on and then some. I swelled a lot the first time, and while that weight was gone very quickly, it kind of gave me license to eat whatever I wanted because I knew I was going to gain a ridiculous amount of water weight each week, so I figured a few brownies or hot wings on top of that woudln't be too much worse. If you are gonna gain 5 lbs a week and have the doctor get onto you, you want to have at least enjoyed a lb of that
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I worry about gaining it all back. Over the past few months due to increased exercise,the scale has moved up some but my measurements are the same/smaller in some places, etc...and that NUMBER is so concentrated on at the center and really, here on the boards too- and I fear it will get higher and higher...y'all already knew that about me Its done wonderful things for my marriage, its only created GOOD changes and my DH is over the top with how I am now. I think over time, you come to terms with a lot of these fears, cept yours Dairy....I totally understand that one...but you stay here during your next PG and we'll keep you in check
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:22 PM   #4  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Katie:
Love this thread, Thanks! I completely agree with you, I fear that I'm going to be overweight my whole life. I have done this diet before and I was very succesful I lost 63 lbs. the first time, but this second time is have been really hard! I have cheated like everyone here have done it, I have stand up and brush my shoulders and keep going but the last couple of weeks I have been doing really good I haven't been a bad girl and nothing have happened... For me is really hard to open up myself and express my feelings b/c I don't want to be the "black sheep" on this thread, I rather prefer to keep it to myself and give support and smilies and cheer you guys up, than "whine" and bother you. I stick to the challenge to see if maybe that's what I needed, I didn't even look at other food, I kept focus on the challenge for a whole week and I gain 2lbs. After that I saw that gain I said "f*** it" If I'm going to gain then I gain for something that really made me gain, and I messed up bad this weekend. The plan works, the challenge works, but for me it haven't.I am doing the BL#1 and #3 for 5 days. Is really frustrating to try and not see a lost, and it does scare me that I'm gonna be an overweight person my whole life! Swear to God, I just want to sit down and cry.. and please if someone is coming with a negative thought please keep it to yourself because right now I don't need it.Thanks and sorry to bother you! Just take it out of my chest.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:25 PM   #5  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

gaining it all back
still not liking or ever being satisfied with how I look
finding the $$$ for new clothes
attitude changes in those around me
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:26 PM   #6  
Bring sexy back

Milca, I am SO sad that you don't feel safe to open up about your weight loss fears right now. We're not doing something right as a board to have one of our sweetest members feel that way I really appreciate all your posts...your kind personality shines through every one. Plus, without you there would be no mofongo
Old 04-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #7  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Milca

Of course you can unload on us! We've all done it, and you are most definitely NOT a bother. That's one of the best things about this board - we all truely care about each other, our slip-ups, our crashes, and our successes. Feel better, soon, kay?

I am afraid I won't be successful.
I am afraid it won't make a difference in my life.
I am afraid that I won't be able to maintain this lifestyle forever.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #8  
milkyway

Dairy:
HA HA HA You made me LAUGH and CRY at the same time! "Mofongo girl" Thanks! You guys are the best!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Milca, anytime, lady, you tell us what you need. You have been such an amazing amount of support to the rest of us, and we WANT to reciprocate.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #10  
Bring sexy back

lori, love that BIG HUG! she needed that!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #11  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

I am afraid of gaining it back of course, but more than that I feel like the closer I get I am just not satisfied enough. My DH and I saw a group of women running the other day and they all were stick thin in short shorts and running bras. One girl in particular looked like a board she was so flat and thin. All I could think of was how I wanted to look like her. I just want to feel what it is like to be in her body. My DH said he would have never been interested in me if I looked like that. But this is not for him, this is what I want for myself.
I was very skinny in jr. high and when puberty hit I grew so fast in the hips that I had strech marks. It was so disturbing to me, no matter how much I cut back on eating and how much I was active I kept growing. Ever since then I have had issues with my body image. I worry about that when it happens to my daughter.
But I am rambling on now, I just don't know when I will be happy with the way I feel and look, I talked about changing my goal weight today at my COD, She said wait until I get to my goal and see how I feel then.
Those are my fears
Lisa
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Restart 240/225/160

Height: 5'9

Milca,
I think you have expressed what each of us goes through. It is TOTALLY frustrating to do everything right and still have the scale go the wrong way. You just have to blow through it and know that it will change, it's just that since we are women, we are at the mercy of our hormones, etc... If all else fails you can blame just about everything on your period...especially to men, just mention your period and they get all confused, get that glazed look in their eyes, and change the subjectl.

Anyhoo, my fears are about the same as everyone else's....That I won't succeed ( I have been overweight all of my life) or that I will succeed in losing, but will gain it all back....I do love sweets.
getting_smaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #13  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Milca- I know it's hard to not get discouraged when the scale isn't moving. You are at a 20 lb. loss and that is where I had my stall after losing 3-4 lbs. a week. It lasted for 3 weeks and I was about ready to give up. DON'T GIVE UP!!!! Your body is probably just adjusting and when it's ready, the pounds will start to slide off. Keep up what you are doing and keep your chin up. Don't be afraid to complain and whine when you feel like it, that is what we are all here for. We are all going through the same challenges and frustrations. Why would you be a black sheep? We are each others support group here honey. We are here for you cuz you are certainly here for us!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:46 PM   #14  
milkyway

Thanks guys, you made me fell much better you are allways the best, Lori that's a big hug, I know I can count in all of you, I KNOW that I have to start open up myself a little bit more not only in my weight loss, in my personal life too. I don't want to stop being optimistic b/c that's one of the most important things to loss weight, being optimistic, but even a positive person needs a litle boost sometimes. Thanks to all of you, I love to have that big hug that Lori have so I can reach all of you but I have this one that I hope it does work!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #15  
slowlyshrinking

Milca - hang in there, and feel free to say whatever you want - that's the beauty of this board. We've all been there, so we totally understand!

I've only lost a bunch of weight one other time in my life, and I got to about where I am now. Then my life sort of went to h***, and I gained it all back over a period of about 4 years. So, my fears are that I won't continue with my success (I've been stalled out for about 2 weeks, and it's really frustrating!), and that I won't be able to maintain this new lifestyle. I know that I'm thinking differently - a "cheat" is now sneaking an extra mini-rice cake! - but I'm afraid that a "cheat" will become eating a whole BAG of mini-rice cakes, and the whole thing will start again. And, now that I've lost a bunch of weight, and am in regular-sized clothes, people are starting to say things like "just don't fade away to nothing", so I feel like I'm losing support from some of the people around me, and that sort of scares me too!
Katie - great idea for a conversation - I pretty much keep this in a dark place in the very back of my brain, and it does help to bring them out into the light of day!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote