Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 05:01 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb Support Club #6

Good Monday Morning Everyone.

Yes it was quiet here this weekend.

Please make sure you see Lee's and Terri's posts from #5.

I had a great OP weekend!!! I am getting better at the weekend thing. I still neeed to pust the water though. It's my onlt downfall. Usually only get in a bout 6 glasses.

The weather was just awful here yesterday. It poured. I was able to get the lawn mowed in teh morning but that was about it. Saturday put the last of the outdoor stuff away. I have to call that employer today as he wasn't availble when I called from work on Friday. I don't know if I menetioned it here or over atthe 100 # club that an agency I interviewed for and turned down due to salery called me last week to call him back. I am hoping for good news.

Lee I am always so gled to see you post. Your weight loss is wonderful, I can't wait to see 1 size 16 again. How are you feeling? Is you back better?

Terri, Hey girl, glad to see you too! I get so frustrated w/ myself when I slip. Because it usually doesn't sit well w/ me. I will feel bloated, or foggy usually for a lot longer than it took me to eat it and then I feel stupid for doing it any way. Just don't do it and I feel so much better. The mental thing is the worst. OP feels so good and yet I screw up time and again. I hope you continue to check in when you can. We miss you

Sue, Sue where are you girl? I miss you too. I hope you are alright, how is Ozzie?, Bellydancing, your new career? Stop by and let us know.

Dana how was your weekend? You are an OP goddess!! Thanks for your wonderful words of support. I have one more week till measurement time.

Pam, You were awful quiet this weeketoo. I hope all is well. Congrats on your loos too. You are so close to your first mini goal!!

Well I am offto w/o
Old 10-22-2001, 06:44 AM   #2  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Good Monday Morning to All!

A great weekend at my house as BOTH of our sons came to visit from college! The house was busy......the phone was busy....and we were busy! It was wonderful! I had to have some "goodies" in the kitchen that they could enjoy....but I was GOOD! In fact, there is an apple pie that nobody touched......so I am taking it to work today to "get rid of it!" CONTROL IS TEH KEY TO VICTORY!!!

fralick....I also have trouble getting my water in over the weekend! I carry bottles with me and keep filling them up...but I need to do better! I will make a real effort from now on! This Friday's weigh in will definately show a pound or two loss for you...I just know it! But remember....don't just go by Mr. Scale! There are many WEIGHS to measure SUCCESS! (Thanks for starting #6!)

nasus......if you are lurking out there girl...take a second to check in! You are in our thoughts! I know you are on plan and kicking butt! If how busy you are means WE have to get along without you from time to time...so be it! BUUUUUUUTTTTTTT......WE MISS YOU!
gbo.......hope all is well with you!! Next time my boys are home I should get your here to do the cooking! WHEW! LOL Anyway......congrats again on your loss!
paula.......thanks for sharing your plan info and success so far! I can not believe you have lost 50 in 4 months on Atkins! WOOOOOOOOW! I think I may be doing a simlar plan to you. I am not doing induction.....but I am staying vary VERY low carb on it! I have lost 38 since June 15. I eat 2 eggs for breakfast, a small salad with mayo and some protein for lunch and protein and some veggies for dinner. My snacks include peanuts (my downfall), celery, and cheese. I am 5'9" and would like to get down to a size 14 jean. I am in an 18 right now. I have a goal "weight" in mind but have not been in the 100's for so long....I am not sure how realistic it is! I am 224 right now and when I push that big silver square on the scale down to 150 and get in the 100's you will hear shouts of joy coming from Pittsburgh! I have only been losing 1 per week and I try very hard not to get discouraged! I wish it were 2 each week because I honestly stay on plan and exercise. My whole family battles weight....and I think my metabolism is partly to blame...but I will NOT give up! It will come off...maybe slower than I hope.......but it WILL come off! Please continue to share how you are doing and do the Friday Weigh In! It gives everyone such a lift to see the success of others! (And to see how much LIGHTER the bus it getting!)

terri.....you MUST keep posting! Sit down with yourself and have a heart to heart talk about why you are not having the success you want...and DESERVE! We are all pulling for you! All of us want to shed these FAT SUITS! Stop wasting time in a body that does NOT belong to you! We are here for ya! Get some on plan food....fill some water bottles.......take time to move your butt...and get on this thread! Your seat on the bus is here! We are rolling!
butterfly......we need to hear from your more often too! I know how busy everyone is...beleve me! But we are all in this together and we have to look out for eachother! I want this for me soooo bad...and I want it for each of you too! Come on girl! How ya doin'??

To any lurkers out there..PLEASE join in. There are plenty of seats on this BUS TO GOAL! We are a nice group of gals who are trying very hard to rid ourselves of bodies that do NOT belong to us! I am not ashamed to say it.....I want to be fit and trim! I am not comfortable with this FAT on me! I am angry at myself at times for "allowing" myself to gain this weight! I am angry that years of eating low fat and high carbs...LIKE I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSSED TO EAT....played an obvious factor in my being this size! I wish sooooooo bad I would have known loooooong ago that LOW CARBS were the answer! BUT....HEY....I know ****WE ALL KNOW....that following a low carb plan WILL get us to goal!

I want it sooooooooooooooo bad everyone! I know how bad YOU want it to! Here's to another week of

ON PLAN
MOVE YOUR BUTT
DRINK YOUR WATER
WEIGH IN FRIDAY
SUCCESS!

Your Friend, Dana (Always HOPEFUL!!!)
Old 10-22-2001, 12:38 PM   #3  
gbo

Good Morning my fellow weight warriors how the heck is everyone?
I had company this weekend and we had a lovely time. I have decided that I need to sit down and have a serious chat with the sand man he just keeps missing me for some reason. I wish I could say it was stress, nerves or something reasonable but NNNOooooooooo! We grilled steaks on the grill last night and they were wonderful. I put pieces in a container and have them as a snack...all that hickory smoked steak is a delight! Listen I have a question.... should I not have posted on the rededication and methods page....it stopped with me and I can not help but think it might have kept going if I had not posted. I am not sure why it stopped dead but I am wondering. The exchanges were so good and ideas flowing....what did I do? I am so confused about this.
I am always op but the scale God is miserly with me for some reason. I must admit I am not used to that. Still, it is creeping down. I should love a small slide about now!!!!
Lol , perhaps I want my goal to badly!!!!!!!!!
Actually at this time as much as I would love to loss more quickly I am so glad that I am now consistantly lossing even if it is 1 -4 lbs a week!!!! I am so grateful to see it leaving period!!!!

Lee, How great you are doing ! How happy I am to see you posting again. Be well Dear Friend.

Susie Q? Where are you? I miss your sweet presence but I know you have a lot to do!!!! You can do it , you can do it well!!!!

Dana Good going!

Pat I hope you find the perfect job with just the right pay to inspire you. That alway's helps !!!! LOL
Take care all,
Pam
Old 10-22-2001, 10:11 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

hi guys i am not going to try to catch up because i am so far behind. i have been getting snipits from time to time and keeping up that wasy. but i am here and trying to network and just plain keeping really busy. example today had my exercise, then breakfast with a friend then home plan boyscout meeting tonight go to the store pick up the kids from school, make dinner get things ready for the meeting, eat dinner the meeting all the patrents went away and then i left for belly dancing and just came back!!! and i thought that not working would be easy!!!! no way. i had been doing great till this weekend and i am trying to get back OP hard but well no buts no real pigouts but just poor planning, that will change i have no major runnig till thursday or friday then have family party at my house on saturday my inlaws asre going to spen the night and then say the next day so you will not wee me on this weekend.

I am so proud of all of you!!! you are doing fantastic. it gives me the inspiration to be OP WAV!!!!

40??? dana??? wow i am so impressed!!! this friday i am sure!!!!i did see 60! but TOM came and i well had the wedding and that blew it for me!! i went full but it was a 2 hour drive and then i could not bring tuna there so i got to hungry!!! and well you can guess!!! so i am getting back to normal. hey i need to get to sleep i will check in tomorow.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:02 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

I am back and ripping!!! come on the bus is sure rummbeling!!!

where is everyone this morning??? r afternoon!!!
Old 10-23-2001, 01:08 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

Lee i see that you are online!!!! YOOOOO HOOOOO where are you ???, i know how being busy can do damage but you must check in atleast to say hi and that helps to keep you OP!!! i know the weather is palying many tricks with all of us. i have a 8 lb water gain this week and i know ti is from the bacon i have been having for breakfast and the carbs i ate this weekend so i an not to worried but it does not make me feel better when i see the scale. but i know that it would drag me down if i was not going to check in here today!!! so today i am doing great!!! check in!!!

BOO where are YOO?
Old 10-24-2001, 05:04 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Good Morning Everyone.
Quiet here, except for Sue LOL.

I have a new job!!! My prison bid is over!!!! I am so happy and flattered. I will start there teh Monday after Thanksgiving. This will mean we will be looking for a home closer to Watertown another thing to stress about. But all these things will eventually give us what we need to do.

I am still OP!!! Also a good feeling. DH is still OP he as a man is losing weight quicker. He is an avid outdoorsman and gets good exercise while enjoying the outdoors.

The weather has turned nasty here I guess we get no indian summer this year. And we have snow in the forecast this weekend.

Sue I love to see you post. You are brimming with energy!!! I love the running. I feel so young when I do it. People really don't get why I am so excited about it.

Dana- It sounds like you had a great weekend. My Mom was heavy all her life too( a short life as she died at age 60). I remember kids making fun of her size. Seems like times never change. My sisters( I have 3) all are thin. In fact I am the only heavy one. My dream when I reach goal is to have a family picture done to mark the event.

Pam - You are so close!!!! Watch your salt intake as you don't want to register any water on Friday!!I hate weighing the waterLOL. Thanks for your kind words. You sound like one awesome cook.

Terri, B00, Lee Hello!! check in when you can

I better go To "The Room"
Old 10-24-2001, 11:39 AM   #8  
gbo

I'm not sure I am ssuch an awesome cook as much as I havs a hubby who loves to eat and an 80 yr old Mom who you have to take a crow bar to her mouth to get her to eat properly. For her candy, cookies and such are all she really wants but she is a diabetic!!! I am determined she will eat real food!!!!
I have been quite frustrated with the exceptional slow weight loss. For very serious medical reasons I have to have good results. Lee and I discussed it and as a result I am cutting out cheese and soda and....I have been taking a thermogenic to increase my metabolism.(hopefully speed the weight loss up some) It seems that it has slowed me down rather than speeded me up. The first week well...wow but after that teeth and claws for every pound. My system reacted by being hyper sensitive, not a good thing. Water retention was also a problem. I have been off them for two days and already the two lbs up (water) as well as another lbs is gone. I have been yo -yoing wildly but it has stopped so evidently it was the correct choise for me to make. I am sleepy alot more, which in my case is not such a bad thing LOL. In all these weeks I have not cheated one time and honing this to suit my body needs has taken time but I hope I will see better results now. We shall see. I had four deviled eggs this morning and will have a shake later , for dinner two pork chops and 1 cup green beans. I am back to my water and herbal teas with only two soda's a day. I am making my famous hot wings Friday when my girlfriend comes out to visit and looking forward to it. Love hot wings!!! and they are legal!!! Life is good!!!!
I am a bit out of it as I seem to need a lot of sleep right now at least until my body functions normalize. So bear with me but I am here most everyday. Week ends sometimes find me absent but I do check in. Hang tough my friends.
Love, Pam
Old 10-24-2001, 01:38 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

Pam are you taking in enough calories??? that is very important you need to take in atlease 1200 calories or your body will go into starvaton mode!!! check your intake on www.fitday.com it is very important!!!!

i did about 60 min on the bike today and wow i needed that it was difficult but i burned tons aof calories. it was more than the 350 it said cuz i could not put in my weight!! i sent out the form to the state fr my self employment today. so i am going to be on pins and needles for 2 weeks till i get it back!!!

PAT WOOOOO HOOOOO so what is your new job???/ did i miss the interview? Duh!!! so tell all!!! better pay??? good bennies????
Old 10-24-2001, 03:42 PM   #10  

Default HELLO

Hi all,

Im trying to get back OP, its tough, Im not doing real bad but Im not following the program either....ah well, Im working on it....

I have been busy with FLYLADY tho, my house is getting whipped into shape finally.....slowly..

My ex hubbys mother died Mon night, on my daughters birthday, She is my girls grandmother....so off to the funeral home tonight... I am meeting my mom, dad and sisters there.....it will be a sad week...she was a great lady.....

Pat, congrats on the job WOOO HOOO!!!! GOOD GOING

EVERYONE have a great day... I will talk to ya later....
Old 10-24-2001, 08:12 PM   #11  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello My Friends,

Just a quick hello here! I just got back from a Halloween Parade. The school I work at is a Catholic School. They did a flag theme. My nephew was dressed as Uncle Sam and led the group waving a flag. Two parents carried a huge banner that read in huge glitter letter, "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" The children were dressed in red or white and carried big fabric strips as the stripes and others were in all blue with big stars on their heads. The recited the pledge to the flag and sang as they marched. It was wonderful. There were lots of nice things in the parade....and alot of patriotic things. There was also lots of candy going around...including M & M's passed out by some Girl Scouts dressed as the candy. Me was good! Me gave any cand thrown at me to others. MR. SCALE BETTER REMEMBER THAT COME FRIDAY!!!

Anyway.........I have been on plan...and I have walked since weather has been nice. It is suppossed to turn cold here in Pittsburgh tomorrow so I guess it will be off to the pool!

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 10-25-2001, 05:02 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Good Morning All,

I am listening to the wind howl outside. It is supposed to be nasty w/ wind 45-60mph with higher gusts. What a day.

I purchased a trench coat in a size 22, and have to return it because it is too big. WHich in a way is good, just a pain as I bought thru the mail. DH is down to 224# I think he has almost lost 20# since July.

I am OP still!!

Dana, Halloween is just the first in many holidays to come. Way to go on giving that candy away!! I haven't succombed yet either and my office mate has had candy availble for weeks on her desk. I am a sucker for candy corn but none have passed these lips!!
I bet the kids were cute!!

Terri, I am sorry for your loss . How are your kids doing? Take care the next few days will be stressed. Take time for yourself too.

Pam- In all mmy reading about weight loss, those who shed at a rate of 1-2# per week were able to keep the weight off( on average). in teh long run. It took time to get it there it will take time for the darn stuff to come off. I think SUe is right. My suggestio is that you journal for a week the food and amount( measure) and log it into fitday .com. This will break it down for you. Are you taking a multivitamin? And haven't you shown a loss every week no matter what? Also with teh soda, have you tried flavored seltzer water? it has thebubbles and no sodium?

Hey Sue, How are you doing? I had the interview last sept. I turned the job down due to salary. They called back and offered more money. I will be an outpatient substance abuse counselor in watertown. Do you have any suggestions about stretching for running? My lower back is killing me and it started when I stared running.

Lee How are you
B00?
Any body alse?

Have a great day
Old 10-25-2001, 10:44 AM   #13  

I'm Here!!! I'm Here!!!

I HAVE been staying OP...that's the easiest thing for me to do when I am home (I really didn't do all that badly wjile out of town!!!). I have been busy writing again. I had started a book and was about half way finished when my ex decided he didn't like all the time I was spending on the computer and deleted it. It's taken me all these years to begin again, and I am determined to get it done this time.

Sue: It's good to see you back again. I think I am going to staple your mouth!!! No more cheating!!! Don't defeat yourself...you have too many exciting goals in front of you, and your weight loss is a major factor in more ways than one. Besides, I am quickly catching up with you...you don't want me to pass you up, do you??? LOL

Pat: I am so proud and delighted for you!!! Congratulations and a big hug have been sent your way, my friend. And I am truly proud of you staying OP. Hang in there...we're with you all the way!!!

Pam: It must have been the pills you were taking that kept you from sleeping. YOu need to sleep to lose weight, just as you need to eat to lose weight. Our body has needs that must absolutely be fulfilled. Sending prayers your way, my friend.

Dana: The longer we stay on this progran, the easier it is to stay OP. I still occasionally have cravings, but I have tricks I use to dance around them. I am most determined..just as you are!!! I'm so proud for your resolve to conquer this program and get rid of this fat suit forever!!!

Terri: I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's grandmother. I know you're hurting right now. My prayers are with you. Get back on track when you can.

Boo: I hope you're doing well.

If I disappear for a bit, don't be worried for me. Some (not so good) things are happening and I need to keep myself engrossed in order to escape for a while. I'm a tough cookie and will work through this. Just please keep me in your prayers/

I'm so proud of all of you.

Lee
Old 10-25-2001, 04:22 PM   #14  
gbo

My calories are fine. Between not sleeping hardly at all, and it is so true Lee...when you don't sleep you don't lose weight. This may have been a major source of problems for me. I have made a study of this sleep weight thing and discovered without eight hours I do not lose and in fact will appear to gain. I think that may be my body as opposed to everyone but I don't know if it would apply to everyone or not as I have not made a study of it other than with myself. I am taking vitamins and feel alot better
with the ticker rythum. I knew my body was losing ground and I am fighting my way back to health and weight loss. I am getting there. My strength and endurance has dropped considerably with out the thermogenics. I have a long standing problem with profound exhaustion but I am doing better in other ways. I didn't realize how weak I was until coming off the pills. I am not to functional at the moment and my real exercise has suffered but I am walking a lot. Hopefully it will balance out. Lol I kind of feel like death warmed over but it will get better!

Terri, I am so sorry for your family's loss. You hang in there my prayers are with you .

Lee Honey...I am here if you need me. E-mail me anytime. I have you floating on prayers so you hang in there.

Sue, you have a lot going on but don't forget your weight is involved in everything so keep op and reach all of your goals. I know you can do this very , very well. Keep your focus babe, I am pulling for you and praying for you.

Pat, I just have to keep a close watch on my own body functions for a while as my system is so hyper sensitive to everything right now. I can see it is going to take so real honing to get this body in real full function but I will get the job done. I am op and I am going this weekend to get flavored waters as I do love them and they will work much better for me in the meantime it is just....."Tea Time". Herbal of course!!!

Keep it up everyone what a great group we have.
We will suceed.
I am determination!!!
Love to all,
Pam
Old 10-25-2001, 08:25 PM   #15  

Default HELLO

Hi all,

Well, I cant believe Imade it online 2 nights in a row.....

Girls are doing ok, my ex is extremely sad --he was very close to his mom....the funeral is tomorrow and I am going with my mom and dad....it was nice to see the rest of his family tho,, its been years since I have and they were very happy to see me and my family....

Lee---sending prayers your way..thinking of you...

Pam---- I know just from my experience that if I dont get enough sleep I cant seem to stay OP....My body seem to crave carbs more and then Im so tired that I just dont care what I eat and then I eat the junk and it makes me more tired.....I guess Im trying to say that I understand about lack of sleep in regards to weight loss.... hang in there.....

Dana---- GOOD FOR YOU GIRL , M & M's have always been a favorite of mine.....keep giving that candy away...the swoosh fairy will reward you...

Pat, Sue, ..----Hello, I enjoy reading your posts and your positive words for everyone..... Take care and I will talk to ya later....
Closed Thread