Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

Default Ever tried Xenical?

Hello everyone. I just ordered xenical online. It is supposed to block 30% of the fat that you eat, by working in your digestive system. It says that you are supposed to eat a diet low in fat in addition to the pills. It will be a week so far on Friday. Just wondering if any of you have heard of it or have taken it before. It is supposed to be safe.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 AM   #2  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

It does block some of the fat. The fat then exits your body with oily stool, runny stool, oily discharge if you happen to eat a higher fat meal and also you will have a strong urge to use the bathroom and when you get the urge don't wait cause your body won't. The doc. recommended guidelines for diet when taking Xenical are pretty specific concerning caloric intake and fat intake so make sure you follow those and make sure that your doctor knows you're taking it because if you have any kind of gall bladder problems, digestive tract problems, liver problems and there's a couple of others that I can't remember off the top of my head, the Xenical can cause serious complications even death. I was told this not only by the Xenical Rep. when I first started taking it, but it was also printed in the info that the manufacturer sent me with my new patient packet. The bottom line is if you follow their guidlines for fat intake and caloric intake you will lose the weight without spending the money on the pills. Something else to consider. I was told by my doc. a couple of years later (when discussing the different weight loss drugs) that when taking the Xenical as with others you have to be sure to take supplements because it doesn't differentiate between good fat and bad fat therefore a person can actually lose some of the nutritive quality (vitamins, minerals etc..) from their food when taking it because the body expels it right along with the fat.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:47 AM   #3  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I know 2 folks who have taken this: my skinny sister and my best friend's sister. My sister said the reccommendations on the package were to eat around 1200 cals a day in order to keep from getting sick. My whole thought is that if you eat 1200 cals a day you don't need any extra fat cut and you'll still lose weight. Maybe this drug is supposed to make you stay away from fatty foods because you dread the bathroom experience that will be sure to follow, but I don't need the threat of diarrhea to keep me from fatty stuff...it's been out of my diet so long I don't even enjoy it. My best friend's sister did NOT follow the dietary guidelines and said she learned every bathroom on her college campus because of that drug. Surprise! Explosive diarrhea time! She also had lots of orange stained underwear if ya know what I mean. I wouldn't do it personally...I'm waiting for a starch blocker
Old 04-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9

Ugh, I took Xenical years ago. It was the WORST experience EVER!!! Yes, explosive diahrrea, oily discharge...I had to book it to the bathroom even when I had to pass gass because of the discharge. It was DISGUSTING and embarrassing and I would never reccomend it to ANYONE! LOL
Old 04-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

Yes I have been having the gross side effects too! But does it actually help to lose weight? I think if it helps me lose a lot of weight it will be worth the gross bathroom experiences!
Old 04-22-2006, 01:14 AM   #6  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

If you follow the eating guidlines for calories and fat that the "Xenical diet" recommends you will lose the weight anyway. With taking the Xenical you can lose around another 1/2 to 1 lb a week but that is mostly water weight from the diarrea. Also as I mentioned earlier you can put yourself at risk for nutrient deficincies as well as other heath problems with the Xenical. The big question you have to ask yourself is "are the risks and discomforts worth that extra 1/2 lb of water weight a week?" or is your health more important. Another problem that can happen woth the Xenical is that it can cause permanent bowel and digestive problems because it alters the way your body processes food and fat. So if you take the stuff for any length of time and then decide to quit you may still have the cramps, bloating, diarrea, discharge, etc.. because that is how your body has become used to handling the digestive process. Bottom line is it is a diet aid...like all the rest. It says you will lose weight if you follow the diet and exercise program and take the pill. But what they don't tell you is that if you follow the diet and exercise plan you'd lose the weight anyway without the pill. About the only thing it is good for (like the rest) is helping you lose weight from your bank account.
Closed Thread