Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 09:29 AM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default Nightowls #23

The last thread was already at two pages so I started a new one!

Judy glad to see you back! Hope you are feeling better soon...and Tara...glad to see you back too!! Now...where is Brenda and Setina....I know they are out there somewhere!!

Not much happening here...I didn't get to weigh in last sunday because last thursday I was leaving work and taking a left turn out of the parking lot and this girl was travelling in the opposite lane trying to get down to the left turn lane to beat the light and she wacked me good! My car has $4000 worth of damage....I was alittle sore for a couple of days but I am fine now.

Well I gotta get to work...I'll talk at ya all later!!

Michelle K
Old 10-25-2001, 06:21 PM   #2  

Hi Michelle,

I am still around. Just been busy. The nest has not had much activity since sept 11th. I think everyone is still trying to recover from it and also still dealing with what is still going on now. It is sooooooooo depressing.

I have been totally off program for a couple weeks now, just fell off hard and can't get back on. Gonna try though, doing some planning tonight and start taking my lunches to work again, just gotta do it.

Brenda
Old 10-25-2001, 10:32 PM   #3  
Is is spring yet??

Brenda - I have been meaning to post this. A co-worker of mine had that surgery about a month ago and she said it wasn't that bad. She bounced right back (no pun intended!!) and looks great! (she was super skinny with big boobs - so she had back aches etc.). GOOD LUCK!!

And I know what you mean about being "off" since the September 11th tragedy. I was "off" for about 5 weeks - didn't really gain much - but wasn't losing either. And 2 weeks ago I got serious again - I just stopped worrying about it - planned alittle more and have lost 5lbs! I am excited Its hard though. I did hear on the radio that 90% of people are overeating since the tragedy. 90%! Scary!

I am off to bed - have a good nite ladies!

Tara

P.S. Hi Michelle - glad to hear you are ok from your little accident - how scary! {{{HUG}}}
Old 10-26-2001, 09:34 AM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Hi there Girls~

Goooooooood Morning Brenda and Tara - This is your personal "kick your butt service" checking in to move your butts in the right direction on this fine Friday morning! My name is Sgt. Pamela Jo and I am here to make sure you:
1. - DRINK YOUR WATER EVERY DAY.
2. - TRACK EVERY SINGLE MORSAL THAT GOES INTO THOSE PRETTY LITTLE MOUTHS OF YOURS.
3. - COME TO THIS FORUM AND EXPRESS YOUR WEAKNESSES OR GUILT BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF CONTROL SO THE ENTIRE PLATOON OF NIGHT OWLS CAN KICK YOU BUTTS INTO FIRST GEAR AGAIN. NOT SECOND GEAR, OR THIRD.....NOT FOURTH GEAR OR FIRTH....BUT FIRST GEAR......
4. - DO SOME TYPE OF DAILY EXERCISE FOR A MEASLY 20 MINUTES PER DAY. WETHER IT BE PARKING YOUR CAR IN THE VERY LAST PARKING SPOT AT K-MART THAT IS ONE MILE AWAY OR TAKING A LEISURELY WALK IN THE PARK. I DON'T CARE WHICH YOU DO....JUST DO IT.....my apologies to Nike for stealing their motto on that one.
NOW - I......Sgt. Pamela Jo will be checking in at 1800 hours this evening to see if the two of you are in first gear and if you are not.....there will be royal **** to pay.......DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR??????? Good.

*this has been a public announcement from your local night owls chapter. Mrs. Pember is temporarily unavailable as she is in the process of kicking her own butt for not staying on program yesterday. Hopefully, she will return this evening with a better report. Thank you and have a good day.*

Last edited by PJ; 10-26-2001 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:51 AM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Well, it's Friday and my son has been home all week with whatever "it" is. Today....we go BACK to the doctor because although he isn't "urping" anymore....he still has alot of boogies and congestion along with a low grade fever. Ok, ok...yes! Now I'm worried.

On another note. I haven't been doing well OP this week. I've been waking up in the middle of the night and a couple of cookies or whatever but I stopped doing that a long time ago and am up to it again. Well, hopefully today is when it stops. I've got some nice juicy apples in the fridge and some bananas too.....I'll make a large note and put it on the counter before I go to bed tonight so I see it and hopefully make the right choice at 2am. I've been getting my exercise in at the barn. By the way, I'm NOT getting "Ah Yes"......I decided on "Lars" who needs a home much more than "Ah Yes". He's also a 7 yr. old Standardbred but his owners bought him back from the person they sold him to and just want him to have a good stable (no pun intended....heh-heh) home where he can be happy and mend. His owners had TOLD them to let him rest for a while since his right hind leg had a slightly pulled muscle and it just needed a few weeks of R and R. Well, of course they didn't listen and he is now lame. I spoke to his vet and he reiterated what his owners told me....a few weeks of R and R and alot of TLC and the proper food so he can gain back some of the weight he's lost and he'll be a great horse. He's got alot of personality and I'm going today to check him out. Wish me luck.

HEY YOU MISSING OWLS OUT THERE - Get your hynees (sp?) BACK IN HERE. WE MISS AND NEED YOU!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone. Remember, IT'S FRIDAY! By the way, I'm back to using the MasterCook book and I can't understand why I stopped using it in the first place. I've been making such boring dinners lately. I'll let you all know what I decide to do for tonight and if it's a really good one...I'll post it for you all.
Hugs,
Old 10-26-2001, 10:14 AM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, I'M SORRY MICHELE - I meant to say something in my last post. I'm very glad that you're ok. It sounds like it could have been alot worse. Even though you're feeling ok...try and be aware of anything that doesn't feel right.....most serious injuries take their time showing up. DON'T talk to her lawyers if they call you. "I know from where I speak". Speak ONLY to your insurance company. Don't settle for anything except getting your car fixed right now and leave it at that for the time being. I kept waiting and waiting for the insurance company of the man who hit me back in '99 to call and when they didn't.....I got myself a lawyer and the rest is history. We ARE going to trial and have our mediation in Dec. or early Jan. Take my advice and DON'T TALK TO THEIR LAWYERS OR INSURANCE COMPANY......tell them to call YOUR insurance company...that's their job and what you pay them for. Ok?
Again, I'm glad you feel ok and have a great Friday!
Old 10-26-2001, 11:00 AM   #7  
I'm on my way!

Default Where issss everyonnnne!!!????

Thanks Tara and PJ....the accident was clearly this woman's fault. She was driving on the left hand side of the double yellow line trying to get down to the left turn lane to beat the light. She said she was in a hurry to get her daughter at school. I just want my car back fixed and not have to pay anything...

Brenda....you can get back on track...turn that butt this way and I will KICK it for ya!! I have been doing alot of butt kicking lately!!! Sometimes when we get so close to goal we and start looking and feeling good we get a little cocky and start back sliding...don't ruin all that hard work! Write down, drink that water and get that butt in gear and move it!! Exercise (ugh!) Nasty word but it sure helps the weight slide off much quicker!

Tara you are on a losing streak right now...keep it up!!

I gotta run...hopefully my computer will be up and running this weekend at home! Have a great day! Michelle
Old 10-26-2001, 02:28 PM   #8  
SLF

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd drop by very quickly. We got moved to Illinois late this summer, but I sure haven't gotten quite settled yet. My hubby's job is going great, and I have to admit it is so nice to be closer to family. My family is only 2 hours away, and we are only 10 minutes from my in-laws. I get along with them really well, and they have been a great help. I'm still having some health problems and am looking at a biopsy during November for my liver. Hopefully they will find out what is going on at that time. The doctor has started hinting that I may be a candidate for a liver transplant. That is still a ways away, but sure scares the **ll out of me. Oh well, I'm feeling pretty good, and really trying to take good care of myself. We've also decided to have me not work at all for awhile. I'm just volunteering at my kids schools and am starting to make quilts, afghans, and cross-stitch projects that I either sell or give as gifts. Good projects when it gets to winter time.

I still don't have internet, so I stop here at my in-laws house once or twice a week to check email. I thought I'd give a quick post that I'm still alive, and will hopefully have the internet within the next couple of week.

The bad news is I still haven't sold my house in Michigan, so keeping up with two house payments sure is a pain. We keep hoping and praying something will come through.

The good news I went back to weight watchers a month ago. So far I've lost about 10 pounds. I still have a long way to go, but it feels so good to get to this point at least.

I hope everyone is doing well. I can't wait to get on-line again so I can check in every day. Hope everything is well with you all.

Take care everyone.

The lost owl...Susan
Old 10-26-2001, 02:55 PM   #9  
Is is spring yet??

Susan! - Hey Girl!! Nice to see you here again. You know I have missed ya! I hope your Michigan house sells soon! That must be a big old pain. Good job with your 10lbs. Keep up the good work.

Tara
Old 10-26-2001, 05:55 PM   #10  

Well I spoke too soon for my arm the last 3 days it has been bad and my right one too. I have been trying to behave and not use it too much! I had to cancell two therapy sessons this week cause it was too windy for me to drive with my bad arms and it is a 45 minute drive on the interstate! They even had wind advisorie out! I will go again Monday. They lady who helps me to clean was here Tues. and I may have over did but it didn't seem like it at the time!!!!!!!!!! I am suppose to stay off the puter too!

It is too cold for me..I can't seem to get warm since I have no insulation!!

I am just sticking with my WW program and am determined not to have a break down and eat junk all the time or too much ar once. You just have to learn your limits and watch your portions and sweets....or carbs..just everything in moderation. I need to get back to exercising but PT won't let me do any upper body right now! Just had an english muffin and a hot cup of lemon tea! 2pts!!!!!!!!!!! I try not to eat out much either.( If I am out I like those salad shakes for 2pts at McDonalds)

Hi Bren, PJ, Michelle, tara and Susan

Too much typing ..I gotta go!

Here is me and DH..........
Old 10-26-2001, 10:10 PM   #11  

Default Hi There!!

Wow, is my rear-end getting sore, it must be all that buttkicking coming my way, LOL!! Thanks everyone, I am still trying to get back on it. It is soooooooooooo hard.

PJ, you drill sargeant you, lol!! You are such a good friend, thanks. You are also one of the busiest women I know, don't know how you do it all.

Candice, I love the picture, you look like a great couple. Hope the arm gets better soon.

Tara, I am so glad your friend did well with the surgery, thanks for sharing it with me. I am glad you are back on program and doing well, keep up the good work.

Michelle, so glad you didn't get hurt. It is so scary when someone gets into an accident. It took me alot of time to get over mine.

susan, sounds like you are doing great with your weight loss, congratulations. Hope you sell your old home soon, it must be stressful for you.

Setina, hope you are doing well.

Later owls
Brenda
Old 10-27-2001, 03:20 PM   #12  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

If any of you would like, follow the link below to my picturetrail page of my first day meeting my new horse LARS at Pompano Racetrack. I could just die at what I look like. NO makeup and the pants I'm wearing are a size 20 and I had the waist rolled up about 3 times. They are very baggy on the top of the thigh and tight around the ankle. Don't even ask why I wore though because I have no idea. This USED to me my favorite and most comfortable outfit. LOL.......oh well, my BOOTIE looks like a pumpkin!!!!!!! Enjoy.......

http://www.picturetrail.com/pembers

Go to the first album called what else........LARS.
Have a good one.
Old 10-27-2001, 07:58 PM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Yep, here I am again. All by my lonesone. ....... noone to talk to....(snif, snif). But that's ok....I'll just surf for a little while and go talk to the stranger in the chat room. Alright...I'm going now.....(snif, snif)......bye....... see ya......snif, snif.......
Old 10-28-2001, 12:03 PM   #14  
Happy Member

Hey PJ!

Sorry I didn't have the speakers on (Ethan sleeping on my lap) and didn't realize you tried to IM me until I minimized the window I was reading. Hope to catch ya again sometime!

Hard to type now with one hand, so I'll come back to post later. Gonna go to the barn today too. (did you see the last post I posted?---think it's back on #22)

Ally
Down 66.5 now...gotta update the ol' profile again.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:40 AM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Way to go Ally!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread