UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/139

Default Tribal Fusion

Hi all

Does anyone else keep getting pop ups from Tribal Fusion while they're on this site? I've got a blocker but these little buggers seem to keep getting through. They don't pop onto the screen but when I close it down they're there sitting in the background. I had about 10 to 12 of them the other day all sitting one behind the other. They don't come when I'm looking at other sites, only this one. Any ideas how to stop them coming
Janie Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Get a pop up blocker, quick one to find on Google is the MSN one.
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #3  
it's always something

Tribal Fusion is probably the biggest internet advertising company, so they are everywhere We do use them, but we have a cap so you should only get one or two per browser session. As long as you stay on the site, you shouldn't get anymore after that. I usually get one and that's it, but I stay here all day

The Tribal Fusion popunders are what pay for this site. The regular ads only cover about 20 to 30% of costs and the popunders cover the rest. We offer an ad-free version of the forum, if it's something you might be interested in. A 6 month subscription is $15
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:43 PM   #4  

And all for a bargain 8.50870724 British pounds. I worked that out myself obviously.

Unlike certain offline diet groups with the initials SW which is a non bargain £102 pounds for six months and then you have the raffle...
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #5  

I use firefox and get two popunders a day. I get two on Internet Explorer as well, when I accidentally get dragged to 3FC at work!!! Both have a pop up blocker but I just close the two down as soon as they come up.

Subscribing sounds like a plan!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I get a ghostly outline of a pop up but my blocker gets rid of it immediately.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

I get 2 tribalfusion popups the first time I log on to a computer (i.e. 2 at work, 2 at home). I go in and out all day and never get them again unless if I completely shutdown and reboot. I have a popup blocker and never get any other popups. I just close them and am grateful that 3FC is free.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/139

WOW - amazing response - thanks everyone - I now understand - not sure why I get quite so many but if it funds the site then so be it
Janie Jane is offline   Reply With Quote