Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #152

Candice - hope you are feeling ok after your accident. Glad you are out working in your garden. I know how much you enjoy that. Won't be that long, and you will have little flowers coming through.

Meme - SHUT YOUR MOUTH!! Sit and bite your tongue if you have to. The old saying "the more you do, the more that they expect you to do" holds especially true in church groups. Not everybody contributes like they should and it usually falls on the same people - ALL OF THE TIME.

I guess Mima is on her way back home. Hope her trip is uneventful.

Hi Joanne and Tammy. Hope you are all having a nice day.

Meme - I am hurting like you. The change of the seasons, epecially Winter to Spring, is sooooo hard on this old body of mine. After a fairly dry winter, we have had a lot of humidity and that causes pain for me. Hope you will soon feel better.

I sent my taxes in in March and got my check back. In fact, I believe I have already spent it
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #2  

HAPPY EASTER

http://scratch.amishhosting.com/egg.swf
Old 04-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #3  

Default Hey There

Meme- It is still a struggle for me to keep my mouth shut.. I stick my foot in it all the time..My hubby keeps saying DON"T ANSWER THEM!But if I don't defend myself ?Who will?We are having a problem with a family member and he says he will talk to them from now on . So that they can't upset me.I doubt that is going to work. Some people believe what they want to no matter what you say.
Happy- If you and Meme didn't start a new thread it would just go on and on. I tried once and made a mess of it. I think Meme had to fix it. Our taxes are mailed and we had to pay! I don't think we have ever had a refund.We had a short rain shower this week. 5-10 minutes. Not enough.
Tammy- I learned a long time ago to say NO. I used to be the one called on because everyone knew I would make the time no matter what to help. I finally had to start saying no as soon as the phone rang so that when I got to the phone it was imprinted in my mind.Believe me ,You can never do enough.People forget what you do ,but, not what they have done or asked of you.
Hello Candice- I am so glad you didn't get hurt in your car accident. Shook up I am sure.
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #4  

We got our tax check back today! Woo Hoo!! That will help pay for our Disney trip in June.

Went to the chiro after school. He thought things were much better today than when I went to him last week. I had to agree. I guess I should go more often.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #5  

Where is everyone? We are now officially on spring break. We go back to school next Wednesday.

Water aerobics class was fun as usual. This was the last class for this session, so we all went out for pizza afterwards!! lol That was fun too because we just sat and talked. A couple of the women know my brother, and another woman knows my husband's cousin and his family. Small world!!
Old 04-13-2006, 05:57 AM   #6  

Did you miss me???? We had a great trip home-very relaxed. We took 77 all the way through VA. It was beautiful. But I have stomache pains and my house is a mess!!!!
Glad you are having a discussion about saying no. DIL insinuated that she needed help with her 4 year old and I only suggested that she get her husband to help. I never volunteered but of course I am feeling guilty. I don't do well with insinuated. The little girl is adorable but totally undisciplined. And I sure am exhausted from the trip and it will take me days to settle in. First food.
Hi to everyone. Sure is nice to have my DSL back. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #7  

Default Hey There

Mima- Glad you had a safe trip home. I wouldn't take on a small child either. I just Let them feel that I am too old to do it. When mine were small and it got too much,I looked for a day care. A few hours or days a week sure made life better.Then my G/children came along. That was another story. I wore myself out trying to help.I could never do that again.
Tammy- Enjoy your break. You will need all your energy to finish out the year. It is nice here now.. Not too hot but still no rain except for that short one last week. I don't know how anyone can stand Disney World in the summer. It is really hot there then.I was there once and it rained. That was the only time I enjoyed it. I always take a big hat and a fan ,when I go to those places. You will be glad you did.
Hello Meme, Happy and Candice.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY
JOANNE
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:05 AM   #8  

Welcom back Mima!! Glad that you had a nice trip. I'm sure you are tired, so get some rest. SAY NO! lol

Joanne, we've been to Disney in the summer before, so we know what we're up against. We're staying at one of the Disney resorts so I'll be able to go back when I need to and rest. Already planning to get a wheelchair. Bob and Tim decided on that, and I'm willing to ride if they are willing to push. I know if I try to walk all the time I'll be in terrible pain.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #9  

Good afternoon.

Mima - glad you had a good trip home.Of course, you were missed. Now you can get ready for the summer. I don't blame you for NOT wanting to look after an unruly child. They can drive you nuts.

Tammy - hope you are enjoying your days off. I love water aerobics - it's a good workout and it's fun.

Joanne - Hello. I know you are keeping busy, because you always are. How is your back doing?

Having a houseful for Easter Sunday. Have to go out and get a Turkey and a few hundred other things Hope you all have a nice Easter weekend.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #10  

Here's a link for an Emergency Medical Identification form. It is pretty good.

http://www.medids.com/free-id.php
Old 04-14-2006, 05:56 AM   #11  

Good morning and thank you for the well wishes. Had my haircut yesterday, did a huge shopping, went to Walmart. Didn't have enough energy to go to church but we will go tonight. I can go slower today.
Tammy-when you are in a wheelchair-you get to go ahead in line. We go with Alison-I always feel guilty but she deserves it.
We are having a big chicken. We just had ham for Mike's bd. Had a lovely piece of ham last night. It will only be Suzanne for dinner. Bobby is going to brunch.
I have a weird pain in my side. I have an ingrown toenail and Walmart had nothing. I can only wear sandals.If it's not one thing, it's 6. Right Tammy!!!
Brad got a call to work yesterday. So he has to go back out this morning. But he will make a little money and we need to pay the guy to demolish the apartment so he can rebuild.
Bye for now, Mima
Old 04-14-2006, 10:07 AM   #12  

Mima, I just told Tim I need to make an appointment to get my haircut. I can imagine how much shopping you had to do!
I'm concerned about the wheelchair because I know that I don't "look" sick. I'm sure people will wonder about that.

We're having ham for Easter. Not sure what else!! It will just be the 3 of us. Both of my brothers will be at their in-laws.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-15-2006, 06:41 AM   #13  

Hi-did too much yesterday and ended up being mad at Brad because I was sensitive. That's a good reason not to work too hard. Course, he's tired and was upset with me. Felt like I had PMS.
My daughter is very happy with her new relationship. He really seems like a nice guy. He has type one diabetes but he keeps it under control. Got it when he was four. That must be hard.
Tammy, the trouble with fibro is that you look healthy and people can't see your pain. I get worn out at Disney but I volunteered to keep Evan while he was sleeping. But you probably will enjoy it much more if you are in a chair-plus Bob and Tim.
Went to a service last night at Brads's church-people were glad to see us. MY BIL is having a party tonight. She invited 80 people!!! Bought 2 good t=shirts at Cracker Barrel.
Happy Easter all!! Mima We are 3 also.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:37 AM   #14  

Mima, I'm happy for your daughter. Hope things work out for the best for her and her new guy!! I know I'll get tired even in the chair at Disney. I'm so glad we're staying onsite so I can go back to the room if needed. I've also been told that I can go to the first aid places and rest when needed. 80 people for a party! Wow!!

Happy Easter Everyone!!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:34 AM   #15  

But 80 people didn't come. We saw one of Brad's old friends. He and his wife taught in my old town and had my kids in school-small world. We had a nice Easter-went to my church at 8 and Brad's at 11. Nice ti be missed and nice to be greeted by peoplr that know you. At least the Sunday school class is welcoming.
We have 70 music stations on satellite radio on our tv=at least 3 Christian ones. That was a nice surprise.
Brad wants to set up another tv but we haven't much room-bigger house but our huge living room takes up space. We will figure it out.
He is going to do yardwork today and then start on deck. Nice dinner-oven stuffer. My daughter looks great-she;s lost 25 lbs. Her mother needs to lose 6. Hope everyone had a nice Easter!!. Mima