Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 07:20 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Thumbs down It's a beautiful day in the cow pasture

Here's the fabulous Wabbit garden, circa June 2001:

Last edited by Kiwonk; 06-24-2004 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Sorry, must pare down the pics, garden has been deleted
Old 10-23-2001, 07:26 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

A beautiful day for a neighbor

Last edited by Kiwonk; 06-24-2004 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Took pity and left one Wabbit garden photo in
Old 10-23-2001, 07:33 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Won't you be mine? Won't you be mine?

Last edited by Kiwonk; 06-24-2004 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Deleted photo of flowers I don't know the name of...
Old 10-23-2001, 07:43 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Won't you be my neighbor?

Last edited by Kiwonk; 06-24-2004 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Removed birdbath pic
Old 10-24-2001, 08:45 AM   #5  
Most boring housewife.

Default I feel so inadequate

My garden looks nothing like Wabby's.
I still don't know who Monique is.
We have grandparents day in DS11's class. I should look decent so I can't hang.
I'm looking for a car. Someone tell me a neat car to have. I like the PTCruiser, but DH isn't thrilled with it. It may have something to do with him being 6'3"....He wants a car that has room for his legs......like I'm ever going to let him drive it.
I've started Christmas shopping. DD wants NOTHING. The boys both want such expensive things that they are destined only to get one or two things on their lists. They REALLY, REALLY want dirt bikes or quads but that worries me. They have a track for their un-motorized bikes in our woods and it is amazing they haven't broken their necks so far.
Friday is DH's birthday. I never know what to get him. Ideas welcome.
Have I become one of those people who just stops in, blathers on about herself then leaves? Yes, I will change.
Gotta go.
L
Old 10-24-2001, 09:26 AM   #6  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default amazing!

Wabby's garden is SO COMPLETELY BEAUTIFUL. Little gnomes must live there. It looks wild and cultivated at the same time.

I am offended by Lush's suggestion that people who drop by and blather are improper. I simply have nothing to say. My cat is under the sofa. My son has a demented teacher as usual. My Herbie is sweet.

And his computer needs replacing so I can get online. I'm at home now.
Old 10-24-2001, 04:45 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Default and about time too

That Peaches stayed home for a few minutes. We miss you.

I have no problem with people stopping by just to blather. Why else would I be here?

I've been back to snacking on junk in the evening. I'm afraid to weigh myself. No, I refuse to weigh myself. After I go to bed hungry a couple of nights in a row, then I'll weigh myself. Even tho' I had lost 6 lbs by a couple of days ago, I couldn't get into either of my black skirts to wear to the funeral yesterday. And neither of them is a skinny skirt by any means. I had to wear an annoying dress. I think my body has rearranged itself around my hips.

How topical of me.

Kiwi
Old 10-24-2001, 07:15 PM   #8  

Default Blathering on

I love to blather. You may have noticed. Lushy, my DH has been trying to talk me into a PT Cruiser since they came out. My Explorer is all paid for now, so I like it alot. I keep trying to hold him off. It always seems like as soon as a car is paid for he starts looking around. If I were buying, that's what I'd buy, but then again DH & I are both shortys. blather. blather. If money were no object and I didn't have to haul plants around I'd buy a T-Bird. Cool car. Or a Audi TT. Another cool car. So cool that they're totally impractical.

I'm so happy that you like my garden. I'd just like to mention that those foxgloves and delphinium were raised from just wee little seeds from me.

Kiwi, I've been eating all day long. If I could contain it to just evenings I may have a hope. You never said who the funeral was for. I'm assuming it was someone very elderly who had had a long and happy life?

Did anyone watch Albert & Victoria on A&E this week?
Old 10-24-2001, 09:49 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Smile I'm so impressed

those pretty plants from itty bitty little seeds. You're a wonder.

By the way, it was amazing how big those picture files were. I had to compress them from around 1000K each to less than 40K, and cut the size down from bigger than the screen to the size they showed up as. I thought with all that shrinking that the quality would end up being pretty poor, but they came out really well. Aren't 'puters amazing?

No, actually the funeral wasn't quite that -- as a matter of fact it was highly reminiscent of my own father's death. This was the mother of a close friend of ours (my cleanie dietitian friend who just moved 80 mi. away last month). Her mother, who was only in her late 60s, lived here in Maine, but always went to Florida for the winter. She had just gotten there and was in a traffic accident. My friend and one of her brothers had to go to Fl. to bring her back. The 3 other siblings made arrangements for things here. It was a very sweet and poignant service. She was a really nice person.

I like my Explorer too, Wab. What year is yours? I bought mine used a year ago; it's a 97. Would you believe someone stole the coin and kleenex box holder out of it a few weeks ago? They must have netted a whole dollar or two. It's really kind of odd, because the car was full of CDs and they didn't touch those (maybe they didn't like my taste).

Kiwi
Old 10-25-2001, 09:10 AM   #10  
Most boring housewife.

Default I should start a new day....

Wabby's garden is so beautiful that I can't bear to leave it.
Excitement on the NJ front.....my car DIED last night in the middle of traffic. DIED.....As in, we had to tow it.
I'm getting it fixed and waiting for next year's models to show up. Maybe something big will strike my fancy.
I am home today and am planning to make a CLEANING LIST for your amusement and entertainment.
I will do that later.
Tomorrow is DH's birthday. I still haven't gotten him a thing.
I did get some Christmas shopping done...what a good girl. I bought for the boys. I have no idea what to get DD. She wants a laptop....what do they cost? I'm sure it is more than my per-kid allowance for Christmas.
Where's Sugar???? I suppose she is cooking. What a nice girl she is.
I'll be back with my cleaning list...bye
Old 10-25-2001, 09:25 AM   #11  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default home again

and how nice to welcomed home by Kiwi. Why didn't you clean this place up while you were waiting?

My new kitty hates me. He only comes out from under the furniture to chase the other cat and scrowl at me. Of course, I had him neutered even though he came with two certificates signed by veternarians saying he was a Neutered Male. Pays to be fluffy sometimes. Hides the evidence.

Herbie is still sweet sweet sweet and DS is 13. I am piling up extra weight on my belly as my butt is big enough.

I thought about taking pictures of Herbie's yard and posting them for Webby's amusement. Maybe I will.

Love,

Peaches Day Off
Old 10-25-2001, 11:13 AM   #12  
Most boring housewife.

Default I have a virus

My email is doing weird things.
I just got a notice from my bil that I have a virus.
I opened an attachment from Bagz. I'll bet that was it.
It was empty.
Peaches is not being nice to her new cat. I mean REALLY not nice. No wonder he doesn't like her.
Here is my list:
1.I already put in a load of wash
2. trash in kitchen
3. get errands ready from papers in family room
4. vac family room
5. dust family room
6. look for tent(some fool is going camping this weekend)
7. fold wash that is in front of dryer
8. load dw
9. kitchen floor
10.organize cub scout stuff

there I go. I'll be back when I'm finished. I think sissy should do the same.
bye
Old 10-25-2001, 12:10 PM   #13  

Default What a nightmare

getting stuck with a dead car in traffic. Did you have a cell phone? I don't carry one because I think they're annoying, but sometimes I think I should have one in case of emergency. Even though I live on the frontier, the traffic here is getting horrible. I think everyone from California moved up here and brought their traffic.

I have a '96 Explorer, Kiwonk, and it has been a good and faithful vehicle for me. Never once left me stuck in traffic.

I'm supposed to have the day off, but I have extra work that I didn't get done, so I have to work on my day off! Guess that will teach me to actually behave myself and work when I'm supposed to. I could be home, leisurely completing the same list Lush is doing.

No wonder your new kitty doesn't like you, Peach. You've ruined all his fun.

Sugar is probably recovering from the Parents.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:38 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Exclamation VIRUS WARNING!!!!!!!!

Bagz and Lush, you are both sending out viruses!! I got something from Bagz first, then Peaches called me, she had gotten one from Lush and opened it. She may be infected too. Then I got one from Lush.

What it is sending out is files or parts of files from your computers! So it may look like a legit message from someone, only a bit odd, and it has attachments. All the attachments are different, so it's hard to say what they will look like. The one from Bagz was a .pif file, the one from Lush had 2, a .doc and a .bat file. By the way, Lush, it was part of your resume.

Anyway, I'm going to try to find out what this virus is. If anyone else gets email that looks odd in anyway, or the person hasn't told you they were sending it, don't open the attachment!!

Kiwi
Old 10-25-2001, 12:43 PM   #15  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default i am online

Lushie I have returned to you the email you sent me about your personal problems and your upcoming trip. Please tell me more but don't break my computer.

I guess it's ok. Mighta been the phone line. I sure don't know. Ask Kiwi. I did.
Closed Thread