Old 04-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #1  

Talking Hi, new girl here!

Hi everyone! I have been lurking the site for a week or two, and finally decided to join! I started Atkins today, after realizing I seriously need to lose weight. I tried it about 3 years back and it worked, but i gave it up after only 4 weeks! Now I am at the highest weight I have ever been and I know I only have 2 options~either go up or down! So here I am fighting the battle of the bulge once again!

I just had a question for you guys, I am 5'5' 180 lbs. on a small-medium frame and 23 years old. How about how much weight do you think I will lose in the 2 wk. Induction phase? If anyone has similar stats please let me know! I graduate in about 4 weeks and I'd really like to be a bit thinner for it. ( I know I won't reach my goal by then but maybe 10 lbs would be nice!) My overall goal is between 120-130.
rockgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

I lost 13.5 pounds within the first week and a half of induction, but I was 100 pounds more than you when I started so that may be a factor.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #3  

M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:53 AM   #4  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

The more weight that you have to lose, the faster you will lose in the begining. But dont give up. Exercise your butt off and if you dont lose lbs, you will lose inches. Welcome to the group.

-Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:12 AM   #5  

I'm 5'3 and 175 and lost 1 or 2lbs on induction , but may dd lost 13lbs she 5'3 and was 168 and we ate the same almost (she had 0carb pop and jello). No one is the same so there is no telling what you will lose.
plb@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:07 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!

You took the first step by making the choice to do something about your weight....woooo hoooo!!! Atkins DOES work & you CAN do this!!!!

All the best to you!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

I'm 5ft 5 in, started at 171 pounds....but I'm older than you so my metabolism is slower. I lost about 7 pounds during induction. Just make sure to do induction exactly as the book states. And DON'T forget the water Welcome
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Too many facors to say about how much you will lose during induction, but I do agree with the exercise comment. Inches are the most important thing and I bet you could lose a size or 2 by then by eating by the book, drinking the water and getting in your exercise.
Welcome to the group and hang in there the first few days are the hardest.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the welcomes!!!! You guys are so sweet!
So I weighed myself this morning and I was down 4 pounds from yesterday morning! (I'm addicted to the scale) I know it's just water weight but it still feels good to see that number go down! At least it lets me know I'm on my way!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

You know at 23 you probably haven't severely damaged your metabolism yet. I'm thinking you will probably lose a bit of weight. Stay off franken foods, and stay off sugar alcohols and exercise your fanny off and you will at least take inches off. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2run2
You know at 23 you probably haven't severely damaged your metabolism yet. I'm thinking you will probably lose a bit of weight. Stay off franken foods, and stay off sugar alcohols and exercise your fanny off and you will at least take inches off. Judy

What are franken foods? I'm a nutritional moron, so I don't know the lingo yet (man, I love these smilies!)

Anyway, I hope I haven't messed up my metabolism. I have always had horrible eating habits, either way too much or way too little. The "too little's" been since high school, and only the past 3 years or so the "too much" was added in. That's how I got to where I am now, so I've finally realized it just doesn't work that way!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:06 AM   #12  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgirl
What are franken foods? I'm a nutritional moron, so I don't know the lingo yet (man, I love these smilies!)
Franken foods are processed foods & products...things like bars, shakes & sugar-free candy are franken foods.

Atkins works best when you stick to the basics...protein, eggs, veggies, salads.

All the best to you. You CAN do this!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

DEFINITELY remember to take measurements when you're starting out. When the scale's not moving that downward measurement will help motivate you to keep going.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #14  

Hi everyone. i'm starting tomorrow. so excited to finally do this. and do it right
princessjsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:58 PM   #15  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome and good luck. I am 5'7 and weighed 234 when I started. Lost 11 lbs. during induction. Was also walking 20 min's 4 x a week at this time. I am 46 yrs. old, so not sure how much help this is.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote