South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 12:46 AM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default Terrific Tuesday Chat

Yes I know, I know I'm VERY early with this post, but I just got home & I had to tell you guys that I got my promotion!!! My last day at my current store is Friday....woohoo, more $$$$$ HURRAY!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Congratulations, Soon! I'm glad things worked out so well for you.

I am off for bloodwork this morning and am starving, of course. I wish they opened at 5 but I'll hang in until 7:30. It takes a half hour to get there so I'm outta here at 7. It's gonna be a rough hour and a half with no coffee. Even the Girls' food will look good to me.

Still dark here, of course, but I'm hoping for another sunny day to work outside. I LOVE Spring!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, SOON!

I'm doing a quick workout at Curves, then I have to rush to change and pick up the girls and be at my DIL's by 8:30 so we can be on the road early. Chocolate World, here we come! We picked a good day for this, it's going to be sunny and in the high 60s! Everyone send me some Willpower Dust to avoid eating any candy, I packed a bag full of OP snacks so I shouldn't be tempted.

Ruth ~ Just think how good that coffee's going to taste after that bloodwork! Drive safe.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Hi, Everyone. Good Morning. It is supposed to be warm here today. I LOVE Spring too! yea!
We will have 70's the rest of the week however, a little rain in there too but warm!

Soon: Congratulations!! That is wonderful!!!

Cottage: Think how good you will feel NOT eating the candy. I haven't been on here for a few days so I don't know where you are going but I am sending Will Power Dust!

Ruth: I hate that no coffee, no anything! I don't even shower before I've had that first cup. I am supposed to have blood work, I was supposed to have it done last year and didn't. It is just for my normal check-up because I've never had cholestoral checked, etc. but I just haven't made the effort to do it. I would have to have a babysitter and of course, want to go early. Enjoy the rest of the day!

I had a dinner party at my house last night. I made chili, salad and a Sugar Free pudding pie for dessert. I did buy the crust tho, so there was sugar in that. I put some freetos in my chili along w/cheese and chili sauce for toppings and it was SO GOOD. After everyone left and the evening was over I ate ANOTHER piece of pie and felt gross. Why do I do that? ug. I can't wait to eat the leftover chili for lunch tho.
Bible study this morning. I haven't been in 2 weeks since we were sick before spring break. Now I've gone and LOSt my lesson. Not only is it not done, I've lost it so now I get to sit there and say nothing. My kids are in the kids program tho and they LOVE the classes so I'm glad I'm going.
Have a GREAT day everyone!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:53 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning kids! Congrats Soon!!!!!!! WOO HOO!

Along the "woo hoo" lines, I think my interview last night went pretty well! It sounds as though something may be opening up here soon, and with all my other jobs and things, it all works out so it may be God's will here. For example, Tuesday night volleyball? Required to open every Tuesday for New Release Day. Saturday afternoon piano lessons? Required to work a midshift or a close, so I'd have the afternoon open. We'll see what happens, but it sounded like the RM liked me too. Keep your fingers crossed and keep those prayers a flowin!

Hi Ruthie, Cottage, and Debbie!

Gotta get ready for work. Hope you all are doing fine! Have a great day!

Lisa
Old 04-11-2006, 07:55 AM   #6  

YAY FOR SOON !!!!!

Morning Ruth:
Hope all goes well with yer blood work..

Debbie: Glad you are feeling better!

Cottage: yer a better woman than I .. Chocolate World ooooh boy! Here's some Beeeee Good !!!!

Running out this morn.... DH left some work stuff he needs --so I gotta dash to his office..........
Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Morning Beachies!

I'm in a great mood this morning, I'm down 3lbs from the weekend!! I've even been optimistic and adjusted my ticker accordingly. Let's just hope it stays off! I need to get down to 187 to be at the weight I was when after my first two weeks of P1. I'm almost there, and I've been on p1.5 since, well since yesterday, okay, so not that long, but it's easier not to fall off plan that way. I had two of the SBD breakfast bars from Kraft yesterday morning, and really that's the only thing out of P1 that I ate. I made Batmomm's enchiladini recipe again last night, man is that good!

So not much else to report, except that it's Tuesday, and only 2 more days left of the week after today! I love having Friday's off!

Soon: CONGRATULATIONS on the promotion! More $$$ is always a good thing, especially when it's much deserved!

Ruth: about the dog's food looking good. I know I've been there!

Cottage: Here's some for ya! Have fun with the kids!

Debbie: How about sending me a bowl of your chili, it sounds so nummy!

Weezle: I'm for ya! You sure do have a busy schedule!

Morning Schatzi and all you other beach babes out there!!

I'm headed back to work - I'll be dreaming about getting skinny and being able to bust out the 2 - piece swim suit this summer!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chickies! Congrats, soon! That's so fabulous! I'm happy for you. Me, I'm just goofing off on the computer until my oatmeal/tvp is ready. The weather has been beautiful lately. I'm so glad spring is finally here. If it's not going to snow and be a decent winter then I'm glad to see it go. I have a presentation tonight so will spend the rest of the morning finishing that up then go to class. I'm so excited! In 2 weeks classes will be over and i'll never have to take another class again...ever! Then "all" I'll have to do is finish up with data analysis, study for exit exams, write my thesis, defend my thesis, and then I'm done. Can't wait! Have a great OP day chicks!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:30 AM   #9  

morning, gals! Last night was the REACH fair and I got to see all the stuff that Brian has done this year in the Talented/gifted program. They do some really creative stuff. One room was filled with the main project (this year everyone picked a person). Brian did Laura Ingalls Wilder along with two other kids from other schools. One kid even build a really cool log cabin. I was surprised to find that there were only 10 kids in REACH from his school this year. That's a lot less than last year.

Tonight I have a cub scout committee meeting. It will be a busy week. I had to stop at the store this morning. Brian has decided that instead of his usual peanut butter and banana that he has eaten for breakfast every day for the last several years that he wants a whole wheat english muffin with eggbeaters and a slice of ham. He ate it well this morning and I sure can't argue that it isn't healthy. I'm glad he doesn't like stuff like Poptarts. I don't have to be tempted if they aren't in the house.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #10  
Determined Loser!

Good morning everyone!

Woo! Congratz Soon! Isn't nice to know you'll be getting more money?

Ruth: Erg...blood work? Just the thought of needles makes me sick. I'm such a wimp :O

Debbie: You do it because pie is ddeeellicciious! Don't worry hun, it is a small bump on the road!

Gratz on the loos dare!

Morning everyone else!

Well it looks like i set my alarm clock an hour too early today! Woops! Oh well, I guess I can get more done today. I bought a cardio pilates dvd yesterday and I look forward to doing it this morning! It looks like it will be hard. I love a good challenge

Well it's a beautiful and sunny day out today! I'm going to go out and have a run to use up my time. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #11  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hi girls,
I got a great workout last night plus my butt's still sore from walking all over the world on Saturday & Sunday. My weight stayed the same. I'm a little sad about that.

Soon: Yay!
Ruth: Hope the bloodwork goes well.
Cottage: Chocolate world, hmmm. I dunno if I could be OP.
Debbie: Spring is great!
Weezle & Schatzi: Hi!
Dare: Great Job!
Pearshape, Barb, Jazz: Have a great day!
Steph: Ouchie! Hope you're better soon!

Bye! Cross your fingers that I make it to step class tonight. I love step class but the teacher sucks.

xoxoxox
Old 04-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #12  

popping back in real quick!

Barb: You are truly blessed with Brian! I'm sure he is going to grow into a good man with all your nurturing and parenting

Debbie: dinner sounded delish!

Pearsey: GAWD that stilllll sounds like sooooo much to do

Wezzie fingers and toes darlin!

Demeter, Jazz, Dare

I'm having this way toooo yummy Black Eye Pea salad called " Carolina Caviar" ! Our deli section makes the most tasty stuff.. I'm gonna try to duplicate this one... looks easy... it's got chopped green olives, minced onion and tomato in an Italian dressing.. DH laughs at me because I try to decipher what's in stuff I like to see if I can make it myself.. I call it "Food Forensics." (AACK I crack myself up! )
Old 04-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #13  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

Good morning! I haven't done such a hot job of keeping up with posting since I introduced myself last week, going to try to do better! I do have a good excuse for being MIA though. Last Wednesday morning I was sitting on the couch and went to get up to get my son some breakfast. I hadn't eaten yet and as soon as I stood up I got light headed and dizzy, then everything went black. I felt myself stumbling backwards and then the next thing I knew I was picking myself up off the floor. I managed to get a pretty good scrape on the back of my leg, a bruise on my back and a bump on my head. Needless to say I've been getting my breakfast as soon as I get out of bed now!

Soon - Congratulations!

Weezle - I'm glad the interview went well!

Cottage - Chocolate World, yum! I went there once, it was great! And I managed to only eat 2 pieces of candy the whole time I was there. Wouldn't have even had those 2 pieces if they hadn't given them to me.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:52 AM   #14  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Yesterday was so boring - just feeling so blah, but trying to be productive through it. I dragged by butt to the gym and got some cardio and strength training in. My hand is still itchy but I think it is getting better. Not much on my plate today...just got to work the at home job, do some cleaning and then I am going to try to make a yoga booty ballet class tonight.

soon - that is so fab hun! I am so happy for you, I am impressed you had the guts to ask for a raise and it is great that they obviously value you enough to give you one.

cottage - how can you go to chocolate world??? I will send you will power but I know if it was me going I would be done for hehe

debbie - dinner parties are so fun. I only wish I had some domestic goddess in me...I cannot cook a meal to save my life. Your chili sounds really good.

weezle - funny how life works out like that huh. I will keep you in my thoughts, I am sure you are going to get it!

d2l - wow 3 lbs that is awesome girly...that is almost like my entire monthly goal!

pear - wow that thesis sounds tricky What are you doing yours on?

barb - I remember being in gifted and talented...it was pretty fun. Sounds like you have an exceptional child..the apple doesnt fall far from the tree eh?

jazztap - an hour early is at least better than an hour late right (eternal optomist) What dvd did you get?

Danielle - staying the same is better than going up Go to step class hun, you will be glad that you did...
Old 04-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #15  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Mornin all;
Just got back from doctors for a check up. Everything looked good. Yea!!!
Got (rescued) a dog this weekend. A little Yorkie. That makes 5 dogs, all ankle biters. Was told he was fixed and microchip, shots, housebroken, etc. Well, he has balls, all my fixed male dogs don't. So, taking him to the vet this afternoon. He was tired in the backyard on about 8 foot rope. Poor thing, has an eye infection also. Can feel ribs, so under feed. Nasty dog hating neighbor is going to love this. Of course he hasn't seen him. We blocked the view from his yard. Ordering hedges for the bamboo fence today.
Ruth: good luck with the blood work, I have mine in June.
Soon: Congrats on mooo money, that's a good thing.
Cottage: will power dust at choc. factory wish we had something like that here to take the GB's to.
Everyone else: Have a great sunny day.
Thought of something the other day (while of course I was eating bad food), you know it is so hard to change to good eating habits even after you have doing it for awhile, but yet, so easy to fall back to bad eating habits. WHY WHY WHY?????
Closed Thread