Old 04-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat....April 10-16

Morning everyone. The weekend (wedding) is over. Food wasn't the best choice, but I didn't gain like I thought. Stepped on the scale before we left and it read 149!!! Stepped on it this morning and it was 152. I'm ok with that. I'm back to "normal" eating and I've confidence that I'll start losing again. Right now I'm not feeling too well (sore throat, stuffy nose, headache), but I've got a few more loads of laundry to do and then I'm going to lay down. Dang I'm not going to have a break to recuperate until Wednesday night! ARGH! Ok..off to go hang another load of clothes on the line and then figure out what to do next. I refuse to clean today. Laundry'll be about all I'm going to do. It'll have to be enough.

Hi everyone!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!
Things went well this weekend. We went out to eat several times and I ate well but clean. Gotta get back to reality and start cooking for myself this week. Did not really exercise like normal this weekend, just some bike riding with my child. Gotta get back on board with that today!
Tonight we visit the inlaws. So today gotta get everything ready to bomb the house for bugs (YUCK!!!) while we are gone. My son had a friend come and spend the night and although he left and went home now I have roaches. Sorry just had to vent. Can't stand bugs. So that's my day.
Hopefullly tommorrow will be more fun.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #3  
Going to ONEderland

Are you saying your son's friend brought roaches? How?

Anyway I can tell I am just screwing myself up by not planning more carefully. Yesterday I stayed busy most of the day, hardly ate all day long, and today the scale is up. I've got to buy foods that I can eat and make sure that I do eat more. You'd think the scale would be down due to low calorie, but it doesn't work that way with my body. I have to change my way of looking at things. I need to eat to lose, and mentally it never has felt like that made any sense.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:42 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarra
Can't stand bugs.
Sorry, I had to giggle because your ticker has a lady bug on it LOL.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #5  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Well I have done good on my strict induction for day one. I am really sunburned and I think the heat from it is making me sick to my stomach. I have to go to the gym later on tonight to meet with one of the trainers. Well i am off to watch Narnia.

-Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #6  

Sandra- Let me know how Narnia is I've been try to watch it for a week now.

Ciarra - Had the same thing happen with one od dd's friend she had them in her overnight bag. Sucks having to bomb with out planning a day for it ,but if you wait you never know how bad they can get. Hate bugs too.

I was planning on having pizza today and then do induction again, but the pizza place isn't open today. That really sucks because I already ate cookies. So no pizza for while . It's the one thing I really wanted.

Hope everyone is having a good day,
plb
plb@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im here
Restarted again today...I need to shed this extra layer!!!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #8  
TemporaryFatChick

Hello everyone,
Narnia is a wonderful movie, I even paid to see it twice in the theater.

Come on Robin, you can do it, just think... Summer's commin' and I'm gonna be wearing shorts!

I'm glad that day one is almost over Sandra, the first few are the worst I think, then it gets to be old hat. But you know that already - hang in there

Hope everyone had a great Monday

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #9  
Going to ONEderland

Well so far today I've fasted. I'm planning to do it again tomorrow too. I really want to fit into that dress Wednesday night and if fasting is what it takes to get there I can do that.

I'm wearing my size 18 jeans today. They are a bit snug, but not too bad, they don't feel like they are about to split or anything. I'm hoping the dress will fit too when I try it on again.

I'm tempted, really really tempted to fast for more than 2 days. I'd like to just see for once how long I can go without eating. Sounds weird I guess, but I really don't have much appetite when fasting, it is way easier than it sounds. And one thing about it it is a way to have negative calories and to force the body to burn fat.

Most likely if I do it though, I'd have to keep it secret from my husband (which might not be easy to do) because I know he will resist my efforts to do that. He thinks its not healthy. Maybe not for him, he has low blood sugar issues sometimes and is so super thin he has no fat to live on. But me? I could probably live a year on my fat alone! (no maybe not that long, but you know what I mean).

The only thing that would worry me is the idea of slowing my metabolism any further. I don't want it to become super efficient.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:51 AM   #10  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok Narnia was AWESOME!!!!! I am so glad that I forked out the money for it. I went to meet with the trainer last night and we went over what exercises I have been doing and what i have been eating and she said that I am not doing bad, but that I need to eat more veggies, which I do and not so many of the shakes and bars, which are fine, but not as much as I have and I needed to change up my exercise routine. When I start my new job and I am able to afford it, I am so going to hire her. We discussed so much last night and she made me feel good about helping me reach my goal and she if the first trainer that I met that didnt BS with me. So in May she is going to help me design a plan just for me. YAY.

-Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #11  

I loved Narnia too.....as well as my kids.

headed to bed ladies. I'll try to catch up later. Have a great day!
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Sleep well Jackie

Did good yesterday, got my workout in, and ate what I was suppose to, and nothing more.

Dh and I bought a small drafting table yesterday...then we both put it together!! He was actually pretty good, and a big help I figured Id be putting it together myself. Now I can declutter the dining room table, and get my work on the drafting table instead!

Broke down and got my hair cut yesterday. She took a good 3 inches off! Its a flippy little do, I can still pull it back, but just barely! Dh isnt too sure, and dd, was quite upset....she wanted me to keep it long. But it was starting to look really scraggly and very unhealthy. It looks so much better now. I think dh should thank his lucky stars, I didnt go back to the very very short "haley barry" look I had 3 yrs ago. I loved that hair cut.

Well, we are off to tackle the new "to-do" list for today............have a good one ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

We bougth Narnia just haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Too many things going on. Maybe this weekend. Food and water was good last night. So I'm hoping to see a drop in the scale Probably won't make the weight goal for the Easter Dress challenge...but I'm happy with having jumped right back OP so fast. Then again, having a sore throat/headache and then going to carb withdrawal (sleepy) isn't a good mix. Not when there's too much to do today. I'm hoping to get it all done this morning and then maybe taking a nap before the GS meeting. After the GS meeting there's an adult GS meeting for leaders at this one restaurant. Hopefully they've got induction foods there. Salad and some type of chicken (or maybe steak) sounds good. Ok. Off to go do my errands.
hi everyone!! Don't forget your water!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning,
The scale is fixed. DH got a battery and put it in because he ate tons this weekend and wanted to see what he weighed and while he is up, I am delightfully down to 193.0!!!! So chugging along towards 186 slow but sure.

Yes my son's friend brought them with him in his overnight bag. Unfortunate but true. Also we decided to put it off because the friend's parents are going out of town tonight for the dad's birthday and he will be here tonight. So doing that after he comes. Great friends just they have not been able to get their bugs gone. But mine will be. Have the bengal spray for the occasional offender, 3 bombs for the house and then boric acid for afterwards. As my husband says it will be WAR, he can't stand them either.

Anyway, i do like some bugs. Lady bugs are one of my favorite's. They do great things for my tomato plants. Which I really need to get planted today. Going to put out some squash seeds as well. I have cantelope too and debating those. I'm not a huge fan, but dh is. My lettuce though is finally big enough for consideration and I think I'll make a wrap at lunch with some. Love fresh veggies and it helps with the grocery bill. Hoping soon my beets will be ready. You cook the leaves like spinach but they are so tasty.

Narnia was wonderfull. We saw it at the theatre with our son and we took our 2 nephews too. Everyone loved it. I really hope that they will make some of the other books into movies.

Well gotta go change over my ticker and get my walking in. Then some gardening and house cleaning. Ya'll have a great day!
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #15  
Going to ONEderland

Well my news is good and bad. I stayed on my fast all day yesterday and the scale is down to 242 today. That's my 40 pounds off mark from my top weight. So I'm kind of pleased with that. I have been as much as one pound smaller than this since restarting this wol in December, but I figure it will be gone soon.

I'm fasting again today, so maybe tomorrow I might even hit into the 230's. I'd like that. What amazes me about fasting is how easy it really is to do and how much more TIME you have when doing it. I told my husband he would have to do dinner for himself and the kids yesterday and he did. My son is sick and went to bed right after school so he didn't eat and I was fasting so I didn't eat. So just DH and DD.

The bad news... and it still has me reeling is that my husband lost his job yesterday. I knew it was dangerous, the stupid things he was doing. Missing too many days etc. But yesterday could have been avoided if he had listened to me. His alarm was turned down (the volume) and didn't wake him up yesterday morning. I woke up at 6:15 and woke him up saying "aren't you supposed to be at work?" Well he got up and dashed around and got ready and then didn't go in. I think he called in sick instead (thinking that would be more acceptable than being late?) Well anyway they called him back and fired him.

So I feel like someone has punched me in the stomach. Most of last year he worked with a man earning a pretty good wage per hour, but not earning much for the year. I was just trying to do our taxes last night and am totally baffled about how much more complicated it is going to be for us this year with his "self employment" that he was doing with that guy.

So anyway we got behind on our bills and were just getting to the point where I was feeling hopeful about catching up since I'm going to be working 6 hours a day and eventually 8, but now this... I'm heartsick and worried, but trying my hardest to leave it in my heavenly Father's hands. Surely He will help us out and make things better.

The goofy thing I keep thinking, is that I kind of wanted to extend my fasting time anyway. This way we will pay less out for me in food anyway! LOL! Not that I would do it for that reason, but it does occur to me to be something that might help. I've surely got enough stored fuel to last me awhile.