UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:11 AM   #1  

Default Anyone else been put off buying 'slap' from a sales assistant with wierd make up?

I am not talking about the obvious but well put on slap. That doesn't bother me as I am quite a paint job myself.

My friend and I were in Bluewater and a SA came up to us to say she had a product we could both use (a bronzer for all over the face). Ok maybe it was amazing that we could both wear it (I am white, my friend is black) but the SA's make up had melted and she had obvious bronze smudges on her cheeks and a brown lip line and no lipstick. It was made worse because she wasn't in the first flush of youth (ooh ageism!!!).

Have you every been put off or, when you sat there and had your face done, where you pleased or horrified?
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:08 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I had my face done at a Benefit counter and ended up looking like a clown! They put that Benetint stuff on my cheeks - looked like bozo!

I'm now scared of Benefit counters and run away!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #3  

Funny you should say that ...I wanted to try out the badgal black eye pencil. She put really thick black lines around my eyes - less Parisian sex kitten more ageing Soho slapper!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I really HATE those women - they are so scary, most of them are orange with warpaint kind of blusher and eye make-up which would even be OTT for clubbing. The last time I had a 'make-over' I looked in the mirror and burst out laughing - she had made me up to look exactly like her - then I found out that I was allergic to the blummin stuff.

But... more than the sinister clown women .... I PARTICULARLY hate the ijjits with the perfume sprayers. Why does that stuff always smell like toilet cleaner?
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #5  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I avoid make-up counters like the plague, although I almost gave in at Manchester Airport one time when I noticed the Mac counter at duty free. There was some woman getting a make over and the girl was doing a great job.

Don't be put off the Badgal black eye pencil btw, I swear by it! Best kohl pencil out there imo.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #6  
This one got lazyitis

S/C/G: 236/229/168

Height: 5'4"

I had a part time job in Boots once and all the make up / perfume counter staff would always sit together at the other end of the canteen to every body else snotty moos
O U 8 1 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #7  
Heather/Caterpillar

The ones round here act all snooty but just wait till they speak...they sound like chavs!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #8  

I got my makeup done at one of those places one time and it was awful, I was so....yellow. thats the only way I could describe it lol. The same woman made my friend look lovely though but I felt like marge simpson.

I also got it done at a benefit counter one time too, adn was ready to go straight to the toilets to wash it off, but she did ok with it, no yellowness at all lol
Katyan is offline   Reply With Quote