Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default Do you ever wonder...

How in the you got to your highest weight??

I think now, and Im like W.T.F. how did I ever get to that weight. I just dont forsee me ever getting back there, I mean, I threw out all my clothes when they became too big, I mean the largest size I have is 9. Thats like one pair I have some 8s and they are snug because I did put on some weight over the holidays but you know what I said to myself, " Oh well, I guess I will just have to look like I have rolls or lose weight" I absolutely refuse to buy bigger clothes, thats MY anti-gain the weight back lol. I feel like I lived half my life in a cloud, why did I do that to myself?? I know this is random, but it hit me, I dont recall gaining weight, or getting bigger sizes. Its like BAM I was 260. I did get pregnant but the weight I lost HAVING a baby I gained after I had him.. most women LOSE weight after having a baby. Does anyone else ever think this way? Like how did this/that happen? Where was I?
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #2  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Just want to add... obviously I know that I ate too much and didnt move enough to get to that weight, but what I am saying is how did I let it happen?
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I have no idea how I let this happen to myself. I remember when I weighed 170 and wanted to lose 20 pounds and now I am over 200 and want to get back to 170 (final goal of 130) - and I just think - if I had of done this when I wanted to I would of spent the last two years being skinny! haha - but what is done is done - live and learn. One good thing, I will never judge a person for being over weight like so many do to me.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I've wondered that a lot. I remember being around 150 in middle school and thinking I was huge, and then all of a sudden it's senior year and I'm 200 pounds?! You'd think that if I wasn't happy with 150 I would not have allowed myself to get to 200. But I think as your size increases your hope really decreases; it sort of feels like "Well, why bother, I'm fat and I'll always be fat and I might as well have more of that pizza."
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:07 PM   #5  
I restore Teeth.

thanksgiving and christmas time, baby!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #6  
LLV

I don't know either. I guess it just came from eating too much and not paying attention to how fat I was getting. Well, obviously. But still - you'd think at some point I would have looked at myself in the mirror and would have said, "My God, Linda, what the **** are you doing to yourself?" and started doing something about it. But I guess, maybe, the fatter I got the less I cared. And I *do* remember saying things like, "Well, I'm already fat, I might as well just go ahead and eat this whole pizza."

I said that a LOT. And I kept saying it and saying it and saying it.

The result? 220 pounds.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i know exactly what you mean. i don't really remember getting fat. i remember having to go up a size because i was tired of feeling cut in half by my jeans. after i had my 3rd daughter, i must have been going thru post-partum because i remember being depressed and couldn't wait for my husband to come home so he could take me to walmart. i just wanted out of that house and to see people...real people, not the ones on tv. i also became good friends with "Little Debbie". I ate her swiss rolls every day and she gave me my own set of rolls. i would hid 2 boxes of swiss rolls so my husband would not see them and know how much junk food i was eating. and get out and excersize??? NO WAY!!! i was much too tired. I don't ever remember having as much energy as i do now. not even when i was a teenager and weighed only 100. i was always tired then because i lost weight by starving myself.

maybe this is the best thing that could have happened to me. by gaining weight and now being sick of being fat, i am starting to excersize more and have so much more energy. i hope that once i get to where i want to be size wise, i'll keep up the excersize part so i can always feel as energized as i do now. maybe even more than i do now. who knows??? anything is possible.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #8  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegdaeien
But I think as your size increases your hope really decreases; it sort of feels like "Well, why bother, I'm fat and I'll always be fat and I might as well have more of that pizza."
Get out of my head. That's just how I've felt.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

My excuse was breaking my ankle, 3 months on non activity, daytime tv and chocolate, biscuits, pizza, toast, KFC calling to me

Last edited by Moo :); 04-08-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #10