Old 04-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default 30 days of abstinence!

Woo Hoo! Wow, if you had told me that I would be successful at being abstinent for 30 days on day one, I don't know if I would have believed you. It was great to celebrate it at my OA meeting tonight. I even got a 30 day token. It's a treasure to me.

Even with the steps, the tools, the support, and giving my will over to God, I am not safe from this disease. It still creeps up when I least expect it. This last weekend I smelled pies baking next door at my in-law's house. My nose went running over following the smell. I got to the oven, swung open the door, and thank God it wasn't pie. It was almonds roasting. I was so happy. Then it hit me...I still have the disease. I am not cured. I'm still working the steps. It was a good reality check, and I'm thankful for it.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Yes, I think this is something we will always struggle with, but you're sounding so strong, Marny. Keep up the good work, hon.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #3  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

That is AWESOME! I am doing it one day at a time, and am on Day 8!!!
Woo-hoo! The first week has passed already. I feel a lot better now and I find that my hunger has turned down a lot ..I am now getting in the habit of not mindlessly eating all day and night, and just to eat 4 times a day

NOw why didn't I start this 3 years ago!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Wow! 8 Days! The first 2 days are the hardest I think. You are doing great!
marny is offline   Reply With Quote