UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #1  
Heather/Caterpillar

Default O/T Eastenders

Does anyone watch Eastenders? I'm a bit behind I think...why is Dot in a wheelchair?

Cheers
Heather
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #2  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

she got a shock to find Joe and Bert in her house and tripped over their tools (they was installing a shower)
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #3  

Bert is just so rubbish! I can't imagine anyone liking him. I hate hate HATE the Mitchell brothers too. I can not stand to watch them.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:31 AM   #4  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

I absolutely hate bert too I chrnge everytime him and mo are together... ICK!
mitchell's are annoying, always talking about the family, they seem to be able to get out of trouble and be all gangsterish and get away with it, I thought they was just low class thugs, not high rollers
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:56 AM   #5  

I haven't watched it for years - well alright up to the bit when Kat went away and mo and alfie got more than pally. But really it was only the occasional watch usually the omnibus on Sunday while waiting to watch something else.

The only thing I watch in the way of soaps now is Hollyoaks!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #6  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

since i came to uni i havn't had a tv. the only thing i miss is sky. discovery history and biography channels, the sports for the rugby. and well thats it. what sucks it the tv licence people are bombarding my halls with letters and threats of legal action as i don't have a tv licence (note i have no tv) but even if it did have a tv you can't get a reception in my building with either getting a digibox of moving the arial every time you want to change channel. how off is it to expect people to play £120+ a year for a service that doesn't even cover them i mean its not like i live in a barn in the dark end of cornwall i live in plymouth a city of nearly 300,000 people
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:29 AM   #7  

Default Slimmingsi my Aunt is in the smae boat - well a similar one

She is actually anti TV tho. So does not have one. Not in the house, nor in the garage or the garden. NO TELLY

SHe has written many times but they do not believe her!!! They keep threatening to come around. I sadi let them hunt for it!

They will get a mouthfull about why she does not watch TV "Full of filth" she is always commenting on the rubbish my brother watches when she goes round there - and doesn't avert her eyes.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

The TV licence people will pay her a visit eventually. I was baby sitting for a friend (who also has no TV) when they showed up there demanding immediate payment. They even tried to put some liability on me because (in their opinion) if I was babysitting then I was watching TV. I probably did the wrong thing but I laughed and then invited them in to look for themselves.

The last time I watched EastEnders was the Chrimbo special when Den told Angie he knew she was lying about having cancer - so I'm probably a little out of date. I don't usually watch any programmes that aren't stand alone stories because I always forget to watch the next episode but I did recently watch a re-run of Howards Way on one of the satellite channels. It was brill - all shoulder pads, wobbly sets and exceptionally poor acting.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #9  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Ugh. I don't even want to know about what is currently going on in EastEnders. We used to get the new episodes on BBCAmerica, but the ratings were low so they dropped it. Now in the US we can get it but it is on a PayPerView system on satellite (which, of course, I don't have). I was majorly p-ed off to begin with, but now I have come to terms watching the episodes from 2000 on PBS (At the mo, Ian just married Laura....and they seem so in love! Well, we all know how that will end up......).
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote