Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:13 AM   #1  
Buggin' with Pugs

Talking NutriChicks!

Hello Ladies!!!! Welcome to our new thread!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:23 AM   #2  
Buggin' with Pugs

Default Weight Day First Week

Well ladies today was weigh day and the results are in on our first week on NS.

The Hub has lost 6lbs!!!
He is doing real well but does step outside the plan a little. He eats an extra snack a day, but makes good choices.

Me has lost 8lbs!!!!
Ladies I was shocked at this, but understand this is fluid too, but dang. Nice first week! I guess adding the walking to a diet has really helped. I know this will slow down now, and I am OK with that. It took me 15 years to pack it on.

Ok so now I HAVE to stick to this diet and make it work. If this is not evidence that it works I don't know what is! My counseler wanted me to let her know of my progress, so I can't wait to see how she reacts to it.

I certainly hope all of you are doing wonderful and will be back to check on ya'll!

KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK EVERYONE!!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:12 AM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RUBEN!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS FOR BOTH OF YOU!!!
You both must be very happy!! I am glad for you! Keep up the great work. Glad too that you liked the link I sent for Jazz's site. You're gonna love the recipes etc. He's done a wonderful thing by collecting it all and that first link with Ellen is a wonder!!! I sat there the first day and was reading and printing away for hours!!!
When you like a recipe you could make it a Nutri-food thread.

Having gotten sick yesterday from the celebrating, today will have to be the refreshing of my GOALS. (I just couldn't eat anything) You are right and I refuse to let this deter me from them. Gotta keep going lest I start feeling sorry for myself again!! and that is unexceptable!!!
Have a great day Nutrichicks.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/166/135

Hey All

My weigh in was this morning & it was disappointing. I'm down 1lb... but it could have been worse. I had a bad last week between a stomach virus & then... well gross stomach stuff. I was eating my NS dinners all last week, I just wasn't feeling like it but I'm back on the horse strict this week. Atleast I'm consitantly losing every week, that's the good part. By the way congrats Ruben on your weight loss, that awesome
wickedgrl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:34 PM   #5  
Deb

Hi All!

My weigh in was on Saturday and for the first time since I started (1/28) I didn't lose any weight - bummer!! But I know it is just a temporary setback and I won't give up that easily.

Of course, if I could get off my butt and move a little more it would help

Ruben - WTG on your weight loss - even tho you fell off the wagon that one day you still lost 8 lbs. WOW

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

Deb
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #6  
Happy September

Wicked~ Hope you are feeling better!!

Deb~ I will probably not lose any this week either.
I need to move a bit more myself!

I have two good days under my belt now and better stay that way!!! I am going to add some more stretching for the upper body now that the arms are feeling better.
Have a great day tomorrow!!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #7  
Buggin' with Pugs

Ahhh...nice long walk tonight. It's a bit balmy out there but it was nice all the same. The Hub went with me so that was nice too.

I needed some nice as other things have me kinda down the past few days.
I'll bounce back though.

Today I sent back some of the NS food for exchange. I just could not see making myself eat the things I do not like, then I would enter that nasty cycle of excuses for eating off plan. I got to chose some things I have not tried so that will be cool.

Has anyone tried the burgers?????

Well I am ready for a shower and some relax time with my NS pudding.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #8  
Happy September

I am so mad at myself. I keep screwing up with the food. There is a lot of self pity going on inside my head and I don't know where it's coming from. I have a problem that the Drs cannot seem to figure out. so is this my way of coping? A better get my sh*t together.
And geez ya'd think paying almost $300 for food would deter me from cheating!! I told myself tonite again, that if this keeps up I will not buy a 3rd box until I get serious.
OK tomorrow is day #1 again..... this time I hope I get it right. I am going to change my weigh-ins back to Mondays. It kept me honest over the weekends. Seems like when I weigh on Fridays I think the weekends are freebies?! Really struggling over here.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:15 AM   #9  
Happy September

Ruben~ I was so upset last night I didn't even see your post. Glad you and Hubby got out for a walk and hope too that you bounce back also. Seems to be a lot of that going on! good luck with the new foods. I think that was a great idea. We're supposed to be liking this!! Not forcing ourselves. Personally I could NEVER do chicken and tuna out of a pouch! Hope today is a good one!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #10  
Deb

Hi everyone!!

Rubens - you are absolutely right-you shouldn't eat food you don't like and NS has plenty of options. Yes, I love the burgers, the thin crust pizza, chicken parseman, etc., etc. It will be better

Mel - please cheer up. You know that you have to take ahold of yourself and stop the self pity. You are the only one who can do it and I know you can. It took me years to come to the realization that I wasn't going to be able to eat everything I wanted - not if I still wanted to have respect for myself.

Tomorrow will be another day and it will be a better day!!

Deb
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #11  
Buggin' with Pugs

Mel~~~ Darling, sweetie, listen to a fellow sisterchick who has the same 'self-destructive' tendencies. Take this one hour at a time if you have to. Believe it or not that is how I HAVE to do it or I would be running to McD's and purging on french fries. Bad eating is a lifelong thing created and like any other addition, it is a hard thing to change or quit. What I have found that is working for me right now (I say right now as this might change next week and I will have to find something else, see my vicious cycle) is small rewards for every meal I do on plan. Little things like 30 minutes watching Comedy Central, a long hot bath with a silly National Enquirer, a walk alone, taking a nap.....things I do not normally allow myself to do out of my busy schedule. I try very hard not to reward myself with food, as this was a poor choice many times on other diets and a habit I have to break or I will never lose this weight.

Please, don't take your little slips a failure, as that is NOT the case. You just revert to old patterns. Try changing your pattern some and you might find a new release for those tensions and desires to eat the wrong stuff.

I am sorry I did not see this earlier. I have not been online all day till now. My thoughts are with you (and the rest of you fellow Chicks). We can do this girls, even at one hour at a time

Deb, thanks for the heads up on the yummy foods, they are on my next order
Old 03-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #12  
Happy September

Deb~ I read your post last night when I got back from my DD apt upstairs and when I went to bed gave myself a sound talking too!! I think it worked cause I am feeling much better!!Thanks :hugs: Sometimes the "diet stuff" and the "wheelchair stuff" meet head on!

Ruben~ God it was awful!!! Thanks for the support also. It reinforces me for the bad times!!! Hope you are feeling happier also. Did you get to order 'anything' you picked out? Wasn't sure if you meant that.... also did they help you and make suggestions? Inquiring minds like to know!!

It was a "holiday" and I used it as an excuse to feed the recovering carboholic that I am!! Between the downside of the disability and it's progression and overweight, it doesn't take much to give me an excuse to feel sorry for myself. The sad thing is that I'M NOT EVEN IRISH!!!
Yesterday was good and today is going great. Weight is up 1 1/2 lbs. but this too shall pass. The weather will be nice soon and I'll be able to go for rides again. That's part of the problem too. Cabin Fever.
Thanks again Gals. Happy Thursday!!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:11 AM   #13  
Buggin' with Pugs

Aww...see you are on the positive path today Mel!
I AM irish and scottish and that headstrong gotta-have-it-my-way mentality really proves an issue at times. especially with carbs...and chocolate....and cake....and ....

I too quickly learned 2 very important things today....
1. DO NOT weight yourself every day.
--- I could not help it and I could have easily been very disappointed in myself. I saw a 1.5 pound increase today. Now, I must convice myself that I am not taking into account the serious walking I am doing now (3-4 miles a day) and building muscle, which weighs more that my 'bubble wrap', and the other realization that takes me to #2...

2. Either always weigh in the sames clothes or naked. Monday I was nude when I weighed. Today I am in pants and a shirt. I stripped and the 1.5 magically disappeared.

Ladies please scream, yell and scold me for setting a trap for myself in even attempting to weight everyday. Threaten me with creative bombs of reproof!

I know I am excited, but this is part of the vicious cycle I set up for myself that has me reverting to giving up and going to Dairy Queen. I must stop this!!!

and Mel, yes my days a brighter. My 'problems' are not fixed, yet I have to resolve to accept that these things are out of my control and my life will go on despite these bumps in the road. I must play nice with others and not create situations that make the matters worse.

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful day and I will be back later to see how you all are
Old 03-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/166/135

Hello ladies

I have to say that when the scale doesn't move I wanna just say "forget it" & binge. But I've lost 18lbs & I can't expect to lose 7lbs every week. I get very discouraged... I'm my own worst enemy. I know some people weight themselves everyday & I just don't know how they can do that. Even though my weigh in was on monday, I got on the scale this morning just to see if I was down & I was still the same. I'm a total bonehead but the girl at work doing NS with me loses like a lb in 2 days. It freaks me out. All I have to say is that come monday I better be down atleast 2lbs because I've been working my butt off... literally. But then again my monthly "friend" is suppose to show up next week. I guess as long as I don't gain I should be ok.
wickedgrl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #15  
Buggin' with Pugs

Ya know overall we should just be proud of ourselves for trying so hard. I have decided that after this coming Monday, I will NOT weigh but every 2 weeks. I have to be fair to myself especially with the exercising. Even if after 2 weeks I only lose a half a pound, that is better than nothing. Your friend at work, I will assume, may have more weight to lose than you. There is a couple at my church that are on NS and it seemed that 30 pounds just dropped off them sitting right there in the chair! However, they were both in excess of 300lb with eating habits in the high thousand calorie range before (no kidding, these truly sweet people had food on them at all times). Yes these folks will have a quicker loss out of the starting gate, but they too will slow down. As for me, I feel that I may have been in the 2000-3000 range, with no exercise and skipping meals...all bad combos. Which is why I seem to hover at this weight level. So in learning new eating habits, my body will adjust in its own time and I have to accept that.

Keep up the excellent work Wickd!!!!