Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default late night snack

I don't know about everyone else but I am SOOOO hungry before I go to bed. And if I don't eat before I go to bed, I am starving when I get up to nurse. I hate eating anything before bed, but I have to. What kind of snacks do those of you who are in the same boat as me eat?? Usually I have an apple...but it doesnt stick with me....so I put peanut butter on it, but I don't think that's terribly healthy before bedtime.

TIA
Angela
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I always get really hungry late night too, but I force myself to get over it. I sip a cup of hot green tea or chew gum. Usually, it's not hunger so much as it is my mind telling me I'm hungry. If your stomach's growling, then eat...and apple and PB are good, healthy items. If your stomach's not growling though, ask yourself if it's real hunger or just all in your head.

Sometimes, if I can't get past that thought in my head, I'll get something just to munch to keep my mouth busy...like green peppers dipped in light ranch.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:25 AM   #3  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Try eating something with a good deal of protein (like a Luna Bar or a cheese stick) along with some hot tea or decaf coffee. I find the hot beverage makes me feel full, but the protein is what keeps me from being ragingly hungry later. It's kinda like they tell folks with diabetes...drink juice to get your blood sugar up, then protein to stabilize. Not EXACTLY the same principle, but you get the point...tandem snack. Nursing made me REALLY REALLY thirsty, too, so make sure you're getting enough liquid in. Thirst is ofen mistaken for hunger.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

I usually have popcorn at night!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote