South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #1  

Default Starting Phase I First Week of April

Hey! I am starting Phase 1 today. Is anyone else out there starting today?
Old 04-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #2  
banned

i started yesterday, but kinda screwed up because ate too much cheese. so i might as well restart again today
Old 04-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This is now the official Phase I thread for April start and restarters.

Go, Chickies! Post menues and ask questions and share the journey.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #4  

I didn't know that there was a limit on cheese! What is it?
Old 04-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #5  
banned

umm i'm not sure if there's a limit, but its not too good to eat excessively amounts of it, at least i don't think so. try to balance out your diet but if you cant resist cheese then i guess alot doesnt hurt that much.

CHEESE (FAT-FREE OR LOW-FAT)
Look for varieties that have 6 grams of fat or less/ounce
American
Cheddar
Cottage cheese, 1-2% or fat-free
Cream cheese substitute, dairy-free
Feta
Mozzarella
Parmesan
Part-skim Ricotta
Part-skim String
Provolone

try to eat cheese thats within that category. good luck chickie, talk to me whenever you feel like you need help or support. we're on this together!!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #6  

I think I have already screwed up!! I made some tuna salad and deviled eggs for the week. Just now read the lf mayo that I used has high fructose corn syrup in it!! Now what?? Do I dare eat this stuff or will it totally throw me off plan? Anybody know...
Old 04-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #7  
banned

resist it! anything with HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP is crap!!!!

well not literally crap, but crap for the diet
Old 04-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #8  
Pirate

Usually anything Low-Fat is high in sugar. They suppliment the taste the fat would add with sugars and syrups, I think. It happens all the time with salad dressings. I wouldn't say you messed up though! But I would stay away from what you made with the Low Fat stuff. It's better to use normal mayo in small amounts.

I've made this mistake a ton of times before, though. I used to think "low-fat" meant weight loss. Now I'm back on Phase I with you ladies (and the ladies from the previous Phase I thread that I fell off the wagon from.. ) and hoping to stay on it this time. I'm dertimined! We can do it.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #9  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
This is now the official Phase I thread for April start and restarters.

Go, Chickies! Post menues and ask questions and share the journey.

Is this the thread that I should start in or where you referring to another thread?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #10  

Hey all!
I'm new to this board and I'm also starting the SBD today! I've actually never really been on a diet before (gasp!). However, the combo of having a desk job and increasingly poor eating habits has left me with about 10-15 lbs. that I'd like to drop. And I guess more importantly I just want to eat healthier...because lately all the crap I've eaten makes me feel like crap!

So far today, Day 1, has been

B: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon (blech!), and V8
s: lo-fat string cheese
L: Chopped salad (romaine, avocado, celery, radishes, cucumber) w/tuna; sugar free jello pack

Planned for later:
s: celery w/laughing cow light
D: Baked chicken, broccoli, tossed salad

The hardest part has been reducing the amount of diet coke that I drink and switching it out for water. Plus, I know tonight is going to be rough because I'm going out with my DH and friends to go watch the NCAA finals. NO BEER !!! But I know I can't even bend just to have one beer because if I do that then I'll want greasy fried bar food, too! Looks like I'll be the sober driver tonight !

Good luck all!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #11  
Pirate

Checking on Day 3 of Phase I for me. I need some will power because I am craving all the food I love..which is all the crap I used to eat. Man, I want a whopper.. or a giant bowl of noodles or anything! Chocolate, Poki, anything sweet! AHHHHH!

My problem is that with such a drastic change in my diet (I used to eat fast food twice a day) I get so, so hungry. I hate a lot of vegetables so I feel even more hungry after eating a meal (like tonight I planning sword fish with zuchini and broccolli). I know that I will just be starving even after eating and it's not because I'm not full it's because I'm not full of the junk I used to eat. I miss it, .

I always fail at Phase I and I really want to lose weight but this sucks, frankly. Haha, I think I'm just cranky. I miss my old food but I want the weight off. What a terrible place I've put my mind in! I know this is the best thing for me and I don't want to fail anymore.

Anyway, how are you ladies today?
Old 04-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #12  

GeekChic-
I hear ya! Someone in our office had McDonald's today for lunch and I just about died. My hope (and what I've heard) is that once you eliminate the bad carbs and stick to it, you simply just don't crave them anymore.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #13  

How is everyone's week so far? I have actually stayed OP and really haven't had any terrible cravings yet. Granted, I practically SPRINTED by all of the Easter candy out in the store, otherwise it's going well !!
Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 04-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #14  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

Started on Monday and so far ok. Just really missing fruit!
And having a time with breakfast as it is my least favorite meal to begin with and no cereal or AllBran Bars is getting to me.

Oh well will persevere and see how it goes.

Cindy
Old 04-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165.5/154.5/135

Default day 1

I'm on day 1 of phase 1 and it's great im loving it so far ... I was full after breakfast ( egg and turkey bacon muffin ) and now im sooo full after lunch bean salad and pastrami. Much better feeling then when I had my bagel for breakfast and sandwich for lunch ! ..

Im really liking this so far .. !
Closed Thread