South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 09:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Smile April 1 starting over on the beach.....

Hello all... I think April first is a good time to start over on the beach. I have tried other plans and they just dont work for me.. I always come back to South Beach. I did already start last sunday but anyone who wants to journey along with me can... I did post some on this board last year.. and I read the posts now and again.... I do belong to Tops, which helps keep me motivated. I have to attend those meetings as I am being installed as Leader this coming monday... I had a time where I didnt get to exercise that much but am back with that slow but sure. I walk the dog... (yorkie) and we both get a good work out... I do belong to a gym and hope to improve my attendance, starting today.... My knees are arthritic and my feet hurt. (bone spurs in the heel) ouchies....
Yes, I am older 57.. but I love the energy of this forum... keeps me going... and how hard it is with small children and the busy lifestyle we all lead. I am a busy grandma, work full time, got g randkids in sports .. the whole nine yards.. .
Everyone have a wonderful weekend... if you want to join me on this journey... please do.... Barb
Old 04-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back, Barb.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Glad to have you back again, Barb!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #4  
Pirate

Welcome back, Barb! April 1st does sound like a good starting date. You sound really motivated. Send some of those good vibes my way, I'm starting Phase I with you today! Have a great day!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:24 AM   #5  
Determined Loser!

Good luck to all of you!

Geek- We've missed you in our other thread!

Hope everyone does great!
Here's some
Old 04-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Default Starting Back

Thank you for the warm welcome. I did my shopping today to make sure I am south beach ready... My offical weekly weigh in is monday night.. The week before I had lost 5 lb, and had just started SBD the day before... I love the new icon... :::sending motivation vibes your way:::: on your journey this week... Barb
Old 04-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #7  

Cool Back on program....I hope!

I started back on phase 1 last Monday and I didn't do so well this week. I'm going to stay on phase 1 for two more weeks b/c I technically didn't stick to plan all week. Our offices moved and our boss bought pizza one day and Subway subs the other. I was really bad on pizza day b/c I had been loading/unloading furniture and really worked up an appetite. Plus, it was from my favorite pizza place. Then, I did have one ww sub from subway. And then, since I had already screwed up for the week, I went to panera bread today with my hubby and had a wg panini and a greek salad.

I was on the beach (and a 3fc member/poster) back last spring. I did very well and lost 10 pounds. I competed in the Mrs. West Virginia International Pageant and this diet helped build my confidence for wearing my fitness wear on stage (there isn't a swimsuit competition). Even though, I am out of pageantry, I still want to look (and more importantly, FEEL) like I did last spring. So, back on the beach I GO!

So, I hope that all of you guys will please help me stay motivated! My husband is on phase 3 - he has done really well with SBD. He has lost over 70 pounds in the past year on SBD. He looks so great! I'm so proud of him!

It has worked for both of us. He's been able to stick with it though. I fell off the wagon. I gained my 10 pounds back and my clothes are tight. So, let it begin. Bring on the eggs and the cheese sticks!
Old 04-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

I started Phase 1 again today, just going to do it for a week but need to get back on track. Been having too many cravings, too many binges recently so I need to recommit...
Old 04-01-2006, 10:18 PM   #9  

Any suggestions about WHEN to start. For you veterans out there-do you think it would be easier to start on a weekend when you are home with the family or on Monday when you are at work-distracted with other things to do?? Just looking for opinions! Thanks!
Closed Thread