South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 05:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend Cluck - April 1st and 2nd

It's the weekend so why did I wake at 4:30? The Girls are still fast asleep downstairs as they are tired. They spent almost all day outside yesterday and guarding against robin and squirrel attacks is just exhausting if you do it right!

I did three hours of garden work yesterday and am a tad sore this morning. A soak in a hot bath will fix that up. Rain was predicted but hasn't shown up yet so I may get to do some more outside work this morning. Otherwise it'll be a sewing day and I do have that darn book to finish for my book club next week. No other committments at all, just the way I like a Saturday!

What are your weekend plans? Sit and chat a bit.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:20 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning Ruth.
I have been up all night. I think I grab about 45 mins. here and there. I was coughing so hard yesterday morning from the asthma meds I pulled some muscles in my chest wall and during the night they decided was a good time to start spasming. Not a good time for me. I really don't feel to tired. Just real sore. Taking Mortrin by the hand full.
Not much for me this weekend. Going to find some kind of privacy fencing for the backyard. That neighbor won't talk to me. That's ok won't talk to him either. He knew we were trying to come up with something to keep the dogs from barking at him. SPCA guy told me he has to prove they are a nuisance. The thing is all the neighbors are whipped by him. He has been here for so many years.
Oh, well live goes on. Time for him to move to a retirement village, then he wouldn't have to worry so much.
Everyone have a great weekend and don't forget to set clocks tonight.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:59 AM   #3  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

you two!! I thought for sure I'd get to start a post, lol.

I'm headed off to my 10k! Nervous and excited but also just so glad it will finally be past.

Ruth & Chipper=I hope both of your soreness goes away this morning. Hopefully your weather will be nice, ours looks like rain
Old 04-01-2006, 07:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chipper, I'm sorry you are so sore! I've coughed that hard in the past and enver want to go through it again.

Batmomm, we need a full report on the 10K! What a jock!

It DID rain! I shouldn't jump to weather conclusions until I actually go outside. The Girls are confined to the back room this morning as I absolutely MUST wash my kitchen floor again. It'll be a stay at home morning with sewing and other fun stuff.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #5  
gotta lose it!

Morning all....headed south this weekend to visit Dad & sister (sis's b-day) Of course I'm going to go see my cutie pie niece Kloe! Had fun last night at the party...one one glass of wine & I sold $100.00 worth of AVON...not bad.
Bat - good luck! Better you than me =)
Ruthie & chipper - morning!
Old 04-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies. Happy Saturday! Going on vacations next week so the packing for the family is to begin today. I also have to work today and am planning on going to Curves at some point. I've been struggling with the beach. I keep gaining and losing the dame 5 lbs. I seem to be very stressed and kind of down reently and can't seem to figure out why. The eating has taken over and i have totally fallen off the wagon and back to my old ways. Today is a new day and I am hoping to make it a good one. I've been trying to start phase 1 over and am usually ok during the day and then 9 pm hits and my plan goes out the door. Hopefully my vacation will bring me back to reality and the beach. Enough complaining now. Going to see what the kiddies are doing and hope to have a great day. Stay on the beach today and have a great day.

Batmomm-- Good luck with your 10k!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #7  
chick on the beach

S/C/G: 215/208/150

good morning ladies i gess it's a little rainey every were it hasn't rained here yet but it looks like it's fixen to i gess im going to try to hit some yard sells and then to take my son to the mall for a new shirt i have 4 more day on p1 and ive only lost 3 pounds i gess im doing something wrong and i havent cheated so i don't understand why it's only 3 pounds but im going to hang not going to cheat and see what happens in the next 4 days

ruth ....happy moping and reading

chipper.....i hope you get well and try for a nap today
batmomm.....run girl run and have fun
soon2...have a safe trip
lindy87(like talk to my self )don't give up you just have to put your mind to it be strong and tell your self it will all be worth it cause buying those pants a size small feels alot better than a big ol donut

to you all have a safe dry day
Old 04-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #8  

Good morning, good morning!

Bat Good luck! I am sure you will do great! I did a 10K many years ago down in Austin, and had a blast. It felt so good to work on a goal like that and achieve it. You will do awesome!

Ruth Those non-commitment weekends are good aren't they??

Good morning Soon, Lindy, Chipper, and WantIt!

We have a bit planned here and there this weekend. After i get thee two girls breakfast, we are going to head to a friend's garage sale. I don't have much to get rid of, but figured I would attempt to make a few bucks! Other than that today is pretty free. Tomorrow I teach Sunday school and then my older DD has her first t-ball practice of the season. She had a great time playing last year, and it was so nice to be outside watching! The best part is I was very pregnant at this time last year, so some of the games got downright miserable for me. No more, though!

I have got to find my motivation and commitment to this weightloss journey. I have really been struggling lately and it is bringing me down. Why does this have to be so hard????????
Old 04-01-2006, 09:04 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks! Well, March was a very bad month for me. Soon definitely wins our bet. She did great! April will be better! I've already lost 3 more pounds in the last 2 days but that's just from TOM finally starting. It's weird, I gain a bunch the week before then lose it slowly over the course of the week. Sometimes it takes a few days after its over to lose it all completely. Weird. But it happens every month without fail.

Last night I made some a Balsamic Chicken and Veggie stir fry. I ate it over steamed coleslaw mix to sub for rice. It was yummy and easy. I just should've added more balsamic vinegar. I'm debating on whether or not to post it since it's so easy. It's really just sauteed chicken and veggies and then you take them out and reduce the vinegar in the same pan with chicken stock then add the ckn and veggies back and mix well. But it was really good. I also made a cottage cheese and winter squash dessert bake that I got off the other site but I didn't really like it. The rattie boyz were happy to finish it off for me though !

Ruth: Hope your muscles feel better. Maybe you should go to a spa a get a massage. And I'm gettng funny mental pictures of your big fluffy black doggies guarding against tiny birds and squirrels . In my other house there was this one squirrel who loved to climb out onto a branch that went over the yard but just out of jumping reach of my dog. He'd sit there and make little squirrel noises and drive poor Lila out of her mind trying to get at him.

chipper: sorry about all the trouble with your neighbor. I've had hellacious neighbors before too. One used to spray my poor little shi tzu I used to have with a hose and get his beautiful long hair all nasty. then he came in the yard and dumped out all the water and called animal control saying I left my dogs out without water. Jerk! Luckily the officers knew better. People can be really cruel.

batmomm: Go you!! A 10k? THat's great. You have to tell us all about it. have fun.

soon: Congrats on winning our bet. You did great this month. Have a great weekend.

lindy: I feel your pain. I've been gaining and losign the same 15 lbs since last summer. I need a break through. Just stick with it and don't give up. you can do it and you will do it.

want: Everyone looses differently on P1. I don't lose that much either. IT's much easier for me to lose on P2 for some reason. P1 is so important though to regulate your blood chemistry and detox your body from bad carbs. But 3 lbs is 3 lbs and is nothign to sneeze at. You're doing great...and you still have 4 days to go so may see more loss too.

Everyone else: have a great OP day.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #10  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hi, Kiko! Don't worry, you'll get back on track. YOu've done great so far. Have fun this weekend.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:44 AM   #11  

Morning Chicks!

Not much planned here just the usual weekend cleaning and errands. Would like to get busy and see if I can actually get my home office cleaned for a change...mountains of filing!! Actually having a slight repreive from the rain right now though so first on the agenda I think will be to brush out the fur-babies, Shandy & Buster and then hopefully attack some of the weeds in the front flower bed.

Bat: Good luck at your 10K

Kiko: Hope you make a few bucks at the garage soon.

Fab: Congrats on winning the weight loss challenge!

Ruth: Aren't lazy days when you can curl up with a book great?

Chipper: Your neighbor sounds like a real PITA. I guess all you can do is try to smile and try to ignore him...kill him with kindness (even though you'd probably rather kill him). And if the SCPA guy says he doesn't have a case I wouldn't worry. You're smart to put up some kind of fence though at least he can bug the dogs that way & with the fence being on your side of the property line.

Lindy & Want: We just got keep on keeping on. As Want said in a way...Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Pear: Hey, I'll take an easy recipe any day of the week!! Those are the ones that save my hiney when I don't want to cook after work. Post away girl.

Everyone else have a great day!!

Sue
Old 04-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #12  

Default just a drop-in to report weight...

change for the month of March and commit to April. Although I didn't quite make March goal, I do feel good about my progress. Have to keep reminding myself that the extra weight I have been carrying around didn't appear overnight--so it can't disappear overnight either Just doesn't seem "fair" that a couple slip-ups result in gaining a couple lbs--then it takes a week to get rid of that

Anyway, have a good weekend all. I will be gardening today--with some help from my gardener to do some of the really heavy work (adding top soil to a bed in front and take out some grass to enlarge bed in back). Then on to planting some new landscape plants and some color annuals in front.

It's a beautiful day here in Tampa--palms swaying in the breeze over sunny skies

P.S. Just saw 16X on the scale for first time yesterday and at half-way point to my near-term goal and just started Beach 2/3/06! Guess that's not bad progress and I'll take it!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, and Happy April Fools Day!
I started the day with breakfast at Cracker Barrel, since Jake and I had some early morning errands to attend to. I had the oatmeal with SF maple syrup and toasted pecans, and it was soooo good! I made a stop at Trader Joe's before we coming home so I could stock up on some yummy OP foods, especially their Greek yogurt. I just love that stuff! I stocked up on their premade WW dough, too. I like to have that on hand in the freezer to whip up pizzas and strombolis. Bought some organic bittersweet chocolate bars, too, but I promise to limit myself!
It looks like the rest of the day is going to be pretty quiet around here for a change. I guess the kids must all be busy today, but you never know what's going to happen next around here, either!
Well, now Jake is calling for me to go on another errand with him, so I'm off again. See you all later.

BTW ~ Chipper ~ I sure do hope you start getting better soon! It's been at least a week now, maybe you should see the DR again?
Old 04-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #14  
Pirate

Cottage: I had dinner last night at a Cracker Barrel for the first time ever and it was so good! Those warm corn muffins and whatnot are so hard to resist! I will have to try their breakfasts soon. I love breakfast foods, hehe.

I started Phase I over today and I haven't much of an appetite. I think I am catching a cold... which always happens to me when the weather gets warmer. Weird, isn't it?!

Anyway, I hope you ladies are doing well. I hope all soreness goes away and the 10K is a big success! Later for now,
-Li
Old 04-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

Rained here starting yesterday, got up this morning to no rain, but it is very overcast, So my plans for the weekend are not around outside activities, Will be weighing in Tomorrow, I am expecting one or two lb loss, I ate a lot this week all OP foods, just a lot of it, this MONTHLY has been a Hunger one,, Still did well not to faulter, just the sodium intake was terrible all week,, So I am not expecting much of a loss.. BUt the good thing is I stayed With good foods and didnt eat a dozen donuts,or a pack of oreo cookies,, Ya Know?
Take Care All and have a wonderfull weekend
Closed Thread