Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 08:42 AM   #1  

Default Rewards

How does everyone reward themself for reaching a milestone or goal? I am curious since I am getting closer to my first 25 lb milestone and I want to do something nice for myself!
Old 10-05-2001, 02:22 PM   #2  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Wow you sound so much like me. I started a thread just like this one called "rewarding yourself?" and no one responded to it. you even have a chrismas wish at the bottom just like mine!

As for rewarding myself, I find that buying a new pair of jeans in a smaller size is very rewarding. I've gone from a 20 to and 18 and now I'm wearing a 16 that is starting to get loose!

I also have some sexy lingerie that I am waiting to wear for my husband when I reach my goal....

I also have a little piece of paper with a stickers for every 5 pounds I've lost. 2 more pounds and i will add another sticker!!

good luck! I'm sure i will have more!

~Nancy
Old 10-06-2001, 01:52 PM   #3  

nancy-

I just bought my first pair of one size smaller jeans. It was a great feeling!

I have heard someone say before that they bought a charm bracelet and each time they lost 5 or 10 lbs they bought a new charm. I thought that was a cute idea. I dont really wear much jewelry though.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-20-2001, 02:58 PM   #4  

Jibelle, congrats on the size smaller jeans! Isn't that a great feeling? Re: rewards, on my long journey from 256 to 154, I have bought myself jewelry as you mentioned (silver rings, inexpensive but I'm addicted to them). But you're not into that; so how about trying a new perfume, a manicure/pedicure, new handbag, or night out at the movies or theater with friends? A weekend getaway would be nice, too; my dh and I have taken short trips to celebrate goals met, mainly to places where we can get lots of exercise and take/cook our own food.

Nancy, from a 20 to a loose 16, how wonderful! I like your idea of stickers. It may sound funny, but I put a little sticker on the calendar each night I've stayed OP all day; it's my last little ritual before leaving the kitchen for good, and helps me remind myself that I'm done eating for the day. Earlier in my journey, I used to put a beach pebble in a glass vase for each day OP. (The pebbles were symbolic, too, as we had gathered them at the beach when I was far enough along in my weight loss to finally wear shorts in public. Great memory.)

Jibelle, let us know how you celebrate when you reach your 25 pound goal!

Regards,
Jan

Christmas goal: 145
Old 10-20-2001, 04:15 PM   #5  

I am less than a pound from 25. Still have not decided what my reward will be! I better hurry though!
Old 10-22-2001, 11:56 AM   #6  
Determined to succeed.

Default When I reach my goal...

If I reach my goal by this summer, I will buy myself a bikini as I have always wanted one!!!

If I reach my goal by next winter, I will buy one of those red Velvet Victoria's Secret bra and underwear sets! Always wanted one of those too.

I'm going to dance for my husband naked. Oh man. If he thinks I'm beautiful now, wait till he sees me when I'm 130 pounds!

~Nancy
Old 12-02-2001, 01:11 PM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well it takes me a while to catch up on the board!

When I did WW 3 years ago I wanted a reward system that would reflect my new lifestyle. So I paied myself. I put aside money for points not used. although I always ate the minimum, and I paid myself for pounds lost. it was easy to take a dollar or 2 a day and put it aside. Well over time I saved enough and bought and eliptical trainner. it was what I needed to be able to increase my workout and stay on plan as well as have no excuse for not going to the gym.

I have managed to keep most of my weight off, I have 10 to get back to my lowest although it was very hard to maintain. (part of that is that I had surgery and couldn't do much for a few weeks)

Anyway, yesterday I treated myself to a pair of leather pants. I wanted them for the holiday parties and I thought I have worked so hard for 3 years to keep the weight off and be healthy. I am going to be proud of the work I do daily and let the world know that I accept myself the way I am and even like myself on most days!

be well, and keep up the good work,
-L
Old 12-03-2001, 03:04 PM   #8  
diamondgeog

Default Some new levis

I had to give up Levis for years. At my highest weight and widest waist I was 54 inches. I am a guy. Recently I went to a Mervins and was happy to find I fit quite comfortably in 38 inch Levis. I love Levis, they last forever and always feel so comfortable. It is also nice to be able to shop for everything at 'regular' stores now.

Old 12-03-2001, 06:03 PM   #9  

I am also wearing levis again for the first time in ages!! What a great feeling...even if the are the "plus size" ones. I will be back in the regular ones before too long though!
Old 12-04-2001, 03:36 PM   #10  
Determined to succeed.

Default Things I look forward to...

Sometimes I need to share some thoughts to give myself a kick in the butt... So here goes... I hope some of you are feeling the same way that I am.

I really look forward to the feeling of confidence I will have when I reach my goal. I know it will be great because I already have a taste of that confidence. I know that I can and will do it. I look forward to receiving compliments, and watching people look straight past me because they didn't recognize me and then seeing the looks on their faces when they realize that it is me. I look forward to having before and after pictures that others can see online. This is something I reallly look forward to. What a great reward it will be to know that I will be a motivation for others. I know that my sister has motivated me to lose weight. If she hadn't lost wieght, I wouldn't ever think I could do it myself.

I look forward to being free!! It's something I can't describe or even know completely how it feels, but I think I can imagine it. I want freedom from always being afraid of what others think, of what I look like, of seeing a mirror, I want to be free from all the obstacles that stand in my way because of my weight. I want to be able to say that I accomplished something so big, so wonderful, and so hard. I want to do something truly wonderful from myself and feel it every single day of my life. This is MY body, and I need to take care of it. My life will be so different. I have watched the life of my sister completely transform before my eyes. She went from being a shy, negative hermit, to being the beautiful funny woman she is. She shows it in the way she dresses, in the way she talks, and in the way she simply carries herself. The person she has become is the person I completely look up to.

Time to go exercise... My body deserves it!!
Old 12-04-2001, 06:02 PM   #11  

Grace-

I think those are some of the best rewards of all!
Old 12-06-2001, 01:01 PM   #12  

Default What about...

Going to a really expensive salon for a new look? Normally I just go to a cheapie salon. But, after I lost my 25 pounds of baby weight, I made an appointment at a dayspa for a "makeover." I got a new haircut, and fabulous new highlights. It made me feel great, and I got lots of compliments.

249: Right after baby
225: Joined WW
210: Current
155: Goal
Old 12-07-2001, 02:08 PM   #13  

This may sound like a silly reward... but how about having a bonfire and buring your old largest size pants, shorts, dress, etc?

I really like the idea of giving yourself a $$$ reward for points saved each week... and buying something just for you when you reach a key goal.

But we're talking right now...hmmmmmmm.... how about a spa day? Going for a facial or a massage? hanging in the jacuzzi and steam room and then meetings friends for a celebration dinner?
Old 01-25-2002, 11:14 AM   #14  
Determined to succeed.

Default Another Great Reward...

Hello everyone,

I thought of another great reward for myself and I'd like to share it with you all. It is pretty cold where I live, and so I really love California, especially Disneyland... I actually wanted to go for my honeymoon, but circumstances wouldn't allow... SO... When I reach my ultimate goal of 130 pounds, I want my husband to take me to Disneyland. I will wear short shorts and a tank top or a cute T-shirt, and we'll walk around all day and I won't get a rash in between my legs like I always have... I will have so much energy and be so childlike! I will ride on all the great rides twice, and three times for the very worthy ones like splash mountain. On the off-Disney days, we will go to the beach where I will sport my never-before-worn bikini and very cute sarong (even though I don't need to cover ANYTHING, but I'll do it for my husband's sake )... This will be such a great reward because I will have experienced what I've been missing all of my life and I know that once I've experienced and enjoyed it, I will NEVER BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO FAT!!!!!

Cheers,
Grace
Old 01-30-2002, 11:52 PM   #15  

Angry

I belong to a WW At Work program. My employer offers 1/2 of the program fee to anyone who can lose their goal of 5lbs in a 10 week session. I saved all of my 'half back' money and when I hit goal I went straight to the jewelry store and bought myself a ring that I had been admiring for a long time. I should note that I was on program for 1 1/2 years before I hit goal.
As far as little goal go I would treat myself to new clothes or weight loss related items such as a WW scale, a new cook book, or a low point treat from the grocery store.
On weigh in days if I lose I allow myself to go to Mc Donald's for a 3 point ice cream cone. If I gain I need to wait until next week.
:
Closed Thread