South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default allergy test today

I just finished my allergy test and get this-I'm not allergic to anything! Ok, I don't have an IgE reaction to anything so I've been diagnosed with VMR vasomotor rhinitis a type of nonallergic rhinitis.

But I know that there are some foods that when I eat I feel not so good. I asked about the IgG test but my doctor said they didn't do it and that IgE was an adequate indicator of allergic reactions.

I know that when I eat too much bread/yeast type foods I feel tired and sluggish, melon gives me an itchy tongue, tomatoes make me break out in a rash. Are these IgG reactions? The doctor did say that my food problems were non-allergic reactions to food, doesn't cause an IgE reaction. ??? I was in a hurry to get back to work and didn't feel like asking questions.

Has anyone else had this happen?

So be careful if you are thinking of doing an allergy test to see if there are hidden food allergies interfering with weightloss. I just spent $265 for them to say no. (I had to pay the deductable first and co-pay.)
Old 03-30-2006, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

My DD (12 yo) just had allergy testing done. In addition to every tree & grass pollen known to man she also came back as mildly allergic to apples, which she loves. She eats them all the time so we asked the dr what was up? So he asked her if her mouth tingles when she eats apples. She said yes, doesn't yours? He explained she has "oral allergy syndrome", not serious but what causes the tingles and to try peeling and/or cooking the apples.
Closed Thread