Old 03-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #1  
LA Newbie

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Default Hello Everyone

Hi!!!My name is Vicky and I just started the LA Weight loss program about a month ago, I've lost 12 pounds so far. I just wanted to join a community of the people doing the same thing as me, without having to pay $100 for the LA at home program.

I have one question though...I'm 19 and I want to take the Carb Cravers but my mom is scared......does anyone here take them and do they have any weird effects on you?

Vicky
mysticshadows7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Vicky, and welcome!! Come on over to the losers and friends thread and say hello!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/163/145

They tried to sell me carb cravers today but I didn't buy them. I just don't know enough about them and I need to read the label first. There must be something like them in the drug stores. I will be anxious to hear what others have to say about this.
Cheryl
chsgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #4  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Well-I try not to say too much about supplements (I don't believe in most of them, with the exception of vitamins, calcium, and EFAs-get generic), but I have a hard time when the COD pushes the Carb Enders. They are "carb blockers", however no company has successfully made a carb blocker that works. In theory, it's a great idea. But if you read the data on it-the only success you can ascribe to them are a placebo effect. All drugs have some sort of placebo effect. It is such a rip-off I can't stand it!

FYI-I'm a research scientist and have spent time researching a lot of these things. There is no magic pill.

Regarding CC meals-some people can eat them and have it not affect their weight loss, some folks can't. Add them in slowly and monitor the scale. If you stop losing, cut them out. But don't let them talk you into buying the carb enders with their "pseudoscience" babble.

Okay-I feel better now!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:33 AM   #5  
slowlyshrinking

I agree with Juliemarie - I've been doing this for almost 8 months, and have lost over 70 pounds, and haven't used any of the supplements. I took a look at the research as well, and there just isn't support for using them. I also think that there is some risk with any pills or supplements that you take - it may be very small, but given that we don't have evidence of effectiveness, I choose not to take that risk.
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:07 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Juliemarie- How lucky are we to have a scientist on board. Thanks for all of your insight chickie, we really appreciate it!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:15 PM   #7  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Hi Vicky:

Thanks Juliemarie for the info!. I use the supplements and I like them, everybody's body is different and everybody's choices are different too. In my experience using them I feel that they have help me, but is true there is no magic pill.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #8  
Let's try this again . .

Thanks Katie! I don't want to be too pushy cuz I know some folks see results with different things (again, placebo effect!). But I hate to see people waste their money and listen to the counselors babble about things they don't understand. Just a bunch of corporate bullsh$t! If you ask them pointed questions, they get all confused. It's kinda fun for me . . . .
Old 03-28-2006, 12:20 PM   #9  
Let's try this again . .

Milca-If it works for you, then great! Everybody's experience is different. But I have to ask (please don't take offense)-do you think that it's possible that you're attributing results to the supplements that could just be due to the actual diet and exercise you're doing? Or that you're seeing results because you believe the supplements work? (Did that make sense?)

Regardless-you're doing great on the program. Keep it up!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #10  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Thanks girl for the support in the program.You are doing really great too.I don't take it as an offense everybody have their own opinions and I totally respect everybody point of view. Well, answer to your question, I bought the supplements b/c I want to try them, no counselor push me to buy it. Yes,part of my weight loss is b/c of me and what I am doing. The purpose of one of the supplements is to control the cravings, feel more energy and control the appetite and in my experience yes it have help me in that part. The other is to help burn the fat and to help your muscles leaner and yes it I feel that changes in my body, also I notice that my thigs have less cellulite and I just workout 3 hrs. a week. So as I said, in my experience it have help me a lot, but is good to know the info that you share with us too. As I mention before everybody's body are different and everybody's chioces are different too.

Last edited by rad7775; 03-28-2006 at 01:08 PM.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote