Old 03-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/147/140

Default New Low-Carber

Hey there everyone!!!!!

Just signed myself up for this board and really excited to read about everyone elses progress!!!!

I too am on an LC diet. Currently starting my second week of Induction.

Just wanted to say HELLO and can't wait to chit chat with you all!!!!!!!
Carbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Carbprincess and Great going on your induction!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 AM   #3  

Thanks Robin!!!

I was actually a little worried that I wouldn't lose at all. I've been checking out some msg boards an apparently if you go on induction a second time you can't expect to see fast results.

I'm not really looking for a quick fix mind you but a little loss is what keeps me going. Seeing the scale inch down just makes me want to keep doing it ya know?

There's not better feeling that knowing you've finally taken control of yourself and your weight!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbprincess

I'm not really looking for a quick fix mind you but a little loss is what keeps me going. Seeing the scale inch down just makes me want to keep doing it ya know?
yup, I know....nothing worse than working that hard for something and not seeing any results. You've done great too!!

Some of us have a really hard time loosing again on induction, and some of us have pretty much the same success we had when we first did induction. Its all an individual thing....thankfully for me, I lost as well as I did the first time.

Good to have you here
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #5  

Carbprincess! Sounds like you are off to a fabulous start. Keep up the good work. This way of life has done wonders for me.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:44 AM   #6  

Thanks sooo much!!!

I'm really impressed at how friendly everyone is here!!!

I've registered myself at other boards and none have been as good as this one!!

I often felt very alone on the other boards and probably wasn't concidered a big loser by many. Sure, I may not have that much weight to lose but i'm on the journey just the same and it's just as difficult!!!!

Thanks for the kindness!!! you are all doing great!!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #7  
Susan hockeyfan7

Welcome! Jump right in and join the party!
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #8  
TemporaryFatChick

It doesn't really how much you have to loose, in fact, I think it may be harder to loose a little than a lot in some ways. Welcome, and WTG so far!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome and Good luck. Everyone here is very friendly and supportive. Wishing you the very best.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #10  

I am also new to the LC lifestyle...I have been trying to cut out most carbs for the last three weeks, I haven't seen much of a weight loss, but I can tell my clothes feel better and I don't have to take Tums everynight before bed for heartburn. Here are some of the food that I have been eating, can some of you give me tips to whether thse are good choices..or have better ideas for me?

I have been eating: meat, eggs, cheeses, green veggies, SF jello, cool whip, strawberries, nuts, and that's about it.

I want to lose weight...I have been doing WW for about 8 weeks and have switched to the LC eating, so far I am down 23#, but I was expecting something dramatic to happen!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to our group Carbprincess! I think it is great you made a decision sooner than later to take control and get your weight to a healthy level. Wish I had made that choice years ago. I wish you the best with induction and reaching your goal. Hopefully you'll be there in no time.

Idealperson:
The one thing that reaches out and grabs me is the cool whip. It is better to actually do real whipped cream. Whipped cream has no carbs. While cool whip I'm sure has some. Might check your package. I don't buy it so I can't tell ya.
Meat, eggs, 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of induction friendly veggies are all induction fare. Strawberries and nuts are OWL foods. So it kind of depends where you consider yourself in your Atkins journey. Induction yields the best losses usually.
23 pounds is great. How much more are your trying to lose? The less you have to loose the less you will loose in induction typically.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Cool

Carb Princess, Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:28 AM   #13  

Thanks Ciarra for your response...I will try the real whipping cream, is that the stuff in the spray can? I seem to have lost another 1.5 pounds as of today, I have less than 20 more to go! Do you find that salt hinders weight loss for awhile...such as the Easter ham I ate ? I have been eating veggies with dill dip, I found one that is low in carbs...I enjoy them more this way...could this be a problem?

Thanks for any responses!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #14  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealperson
I will try the real whipping cream, is that the stuff in the spray can? I seem to have lost another 1.5 pounds as of today, I have less than 20 more to go! Do you find that salt hinders weight loss for awhile...such as the Easter ham I ate ? I have been eating veggies with dill dip, I found one that is low in carbs...I enjoy them more this way...could this be a problem?

Thanks for any responses!
Hi Idealperson,

No...the stuff in the spray can is not real whipped cream. You need to buy heavy cream, you can add a little splenda to it & some vanilla extract if you like and whip it up.

You might notice a slowed weight loss due to the sodium from the Easter ham. Everyone is different. What affects some, might not affect someone else.

What's in the dill dip & how many carbs does it contain?

All the best to you!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #15  

The dill dip is sour cream, dill weed, garlic and onion powder. It is 1g for 3 TBSP and I used about 3 TBSP last night!