Old 03-16-2006, 12:11 AM   #1  

Default Eating right for your Blood Type

Has anyone heard of this and has anyone tried it?
If so, could you please tell me more about it and how you did.
Thanks!
fumkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have so many "but if's" that I'm reluctant to post
I do eat for my type (with a few exceptions like cottage cheese).
I did not read all the hoopla ... I took my friends word for it and just tried the foodlists.
Even the author clearly states that if you eat too much of anything, you'll gain weight.
I gained weight when I started.
I'm fortunate that my type is basicly low fat, clean foods.
I disagree with the exercise suggestions.
I'm pretty sure that it is a coincidence that mine suits me very well. On the other hand, the ailments that he speaks of for my type if not cared for, are prevalent in my family. Another coincidence? Maybe.

So ... all in all ... it probably won't hurt you. Don't spend much on the books. And remember that it really is all about eating less and moving more.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #3  

Default Thank you!

I was curious about it is all. It sounded like an interesting concept. I think I will just more Googling on the subject before buying anything, if at all.

Thanks for your honest input!

Rhonda
fumkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #4  

What I got from my list of foods is why I just can't seem to eat certain foods - I just don't digest them well - and I knew this long before I read my blood type list of foods - it just put it into perspective for me. However, many of the foods it said I should eat I find repulsive...like sardines.
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #5  
doinitin2006

S/C/G: 202/157.2/132

Height: 5'6"

I eat by the list and my cravings have vanished as well I have never felt better but I don't eat the foods that I don't like NO MATTER what it says. Rabbit - no way am I roasting fluffy!!!
doinitin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:53 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Actually I did try it for a while. I didn't have much success... BUT I found out about that time I had a large thyroid tumor and was hypo so NOTHING was working! I purchased the book. Several people I work with do eat according to this plan and feel it is very successful. I didn't go back to it because I have a long term plan I had always used successfully in the past which is now working great again after surgery and meds, etc.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote